Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

sorry to break in to whatever you guys are going on about

I assume this guy is outside the top 30

TIGERS BOLSTER FORWARD PACK

Tim Sheens has signed yet another forward as his overhaul of the Tigers top 30 continues after taking the reigns ahead of the 2023 season.

The master coach has already signed the likes of Apisai Koroisau, Isaiah Papali’i, David Klemmer and John Bateman — and has now set his sights on a Manly young gun.

James Roumanos, 23, has reportedly signed with the merger club according to WWOS and will ply his trade for the Western Suburbs magpies in the NSW Cup.

Roumanos made his NRL debut last season and has only featured in first grade once.

The middle forward was a member of the Bulldogs 2021 NRL squad before making the move to Manly ahead of the 2022 season.

Roumanos has previously represented Australia as a schoolboy and was an impressive performer for Lebanon at the World Cup late last year.

—-
Like this depth signing - have heard good things and was impressed with his work for Lebanon at the WC.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a run in first grade at some point if there's a few injuries

It wouldn’t surprise me if signing news slows down until the CBA is agreed.

The players association have formally advised players not to sign any contract until CBA/NRL terms agreed & signed.

Will be really interesting if some players who have agreed to terms with a club and CBA sees increased terms & financials changing if any players decide to retest the market & sign with a different club.
When you have players like Daley Cherry Evans on the leadership group then you know the players association isnt very relevant. He like a lot of players just want them selves to get ahead. Are there any minimun wage players and woman in leadership roles discussing the CBA? Doubt it

It wouldn’t surprise me if signing news slows down until the CBA is agreed.

The players association have formally advised players not to sign any contract until CBA/NRL terms agreed & signed.

Will be really interesting if some players who have agreed to terms with a club and CBA sees increased terms & financials changing if any players decide to retest the market & sign with a different club.

What a mess

Like this depth signing - have heard good things and was impressed with his work for Lebanon at the WC.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a run in first grade at some point if there's a few injuries

Yes very well said.

Roumanos impressed me in the world cup aswell, good player and great effort... hopefully can get a run in the first grade this year

Tim Sheens has signed yet another forward as his overhaul of the Tigers top 30 continues after taking the reigns ahead of the 2023 season.

The master coach has already signed the likes of Apisai Koroisau, Isaiah Papali’i, David Klemmer and John Bateman — and has now set his sights on a Manly young gun.

James Roumanos, 23, has reportedly signed with the merger club according to WWOS and will ply his trade for the Western Suburbs magpies in the NSW Cup.

Roumanos made his NRL debut last season and has only featured in first grade once.

The middle forward was a member of the Bulldogs 2021 NRL squad before making the move to Manly ahead of the 2022 season.

Roumanos has previously represented Australia as a schoolboy and was an impressive performer for Lebanon at the World Cup late last year.

—-
Bravo!!!

We need forward Depth in our pack like Anything.
I know, Bateman, Isaiah, Klemmer, etc.

But were missing Depth in the forwards. We seem to have a lot of Fringe grade back line players which is nuts IMHO. Hoping this guy has punch.

I’ll try a different strategy lol.
Let me ask you this...was there a reason Tim Sheens when asked what type of coach he was looking for, replied “a development coach”?
Was that just an off the cuff remark, or was there a strong meaningful message there?
What I hope it means is that the club has finally realised the only way it is going to be able to compete on a sustainable basis is to invest in its junior system, bringing through more players and doing a better job of identifying, and investing in, the right ones.

What it might mean is that the club has a one-off good crop of juniors right now that it sees as the foundation for success over the next 3-5 years.

I'm not sure what any of that says about the original point, which is that we don't get the most out of the talent we have. Who are all these players who have left the Tigers and immediately become better?

Maybe we just see things differently. I look at the 2022 roster and see clearly the least talented collection of players in the NRL that would have needed some sort of wonder coach to even dream of anything other than bumping along at or close to the bottom. I guess time will tell: if you're right, presumably Liddle, Musgrove, Tamou, Hastings, Madden, Garner and Peachey will be massively better for their new clubs in 2023 than they were for us in 2022.

Come here for news, end up skipping past 99% of the posts.

Just create a thread for whatever unrelated thing you're talking about, everyone will be happier.
Don’t come here for news man.
Official website only.

—-
member of the Bulldogs 2021 NRL squad, Manly 2022, WestsTigers 2023… hope he finds a team to stay at for more than a year soon.

What I hope it means is that the club has finally realised the only way it is going to be able to compete on a sustainable basis is to invest in its junior system, bringing through more players and doing a better job of identifying, and investing in, the right ones.

What it might mean is that the club has a one-off good crop of juniors right now that it sees as the foundation for success over the next 3-5 years.

I'm not sure what any of that says about the original point, which is that we don't get the most out of the talent we have. Who are all these players who have left the Tigers and immediately become better?

Maybe we just see things differently. I look at the 2022 roster and see clearly the least talented collection of players in the NRL that would have needed some sort of wonder coach to even dream of anything other than bumping along at or close to the bottom. I guess time will tell: if you're right, presumably Liddle, Musgrove, Tamou, Hastings, Madden, Garner and Peachey will be massively better for their new clubs in 2023 than they were for us in 2022.

He also knew Madge wasn’t capable of developing a team of youngsters. Madge has his success with an experienced roster of winners. He had to build that at the tigers and he was out of his depth. Must have been very obvious to Sheens given his coaching experience.

But that’s living in the past…bring on 2023

You’re right we do see things differently.
It’s all there if you need to review it.

Don’t have an issue with different opinions at all? In fact I’ve never stated I’m a Sheens supporter or otherwise. Although I’m apparently a ‘Sheens fluffier’ 😂🤷‍♂️
To be honest I just don’t see the point in the constant sookery from the baggers on here?
It’s not going to make a difference? The contracts are signed, it is what it is? You can either accept reality and get onboard and try and offer some positive support to the club or sulk and [This word has been automatically removed] about the coach or whatever players you don’t like. I’m almost certain many on here want to see there whipping boys fail so they can blow there own insignificant trumpet on the fan forum, more than they want to see the club improve and succeed. I mean you all say ‘I hope I’m proven wrong’, but you really don’t sound like that’s true at all?
So yeah, it’s not the different opinions, it’s more the perpetual whining and judgmental snipes of some ‘supporters’ (???) that I get sick of listening too.
You know?
Good luck Mr Pascoe, we believe in you after 8 horrible years, you can do it!

Back