Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Mate if you can get a look at the finals last year,do so. He terrorised the outside backs in those games. His footwork was unbelievable. I think he's a twit. but deadly with the ball in his hands.
His footwork at the line is dangerous and he is deceptively quick. That’s it.
Teddy and Munster eat him alive. They compete on every play. They bust their guts. They are just as effective at all levels. If I had to place my faith in any of these three to win me a game. I wouldn’t even spend a second considering Luai.

Mate if you can get a look at the finals last year,do so. He terrorised the outside backs in those games. His footwork was unbelievable. I think he's a twit. but deadly with the ball in his hands.
Id rate him significantly better than Tucker seems to, but still well off being in the same class as Munster and Tedesco.

I may be biased against Luai as I think he is extremely lucky he came through the system he did. I’m convinced he is a genuine flat tracker.
For mine, Moses is a slight upgrade on Brooks. At 28 I wouldn’t offer him a comfy bed to lie in.
Luai may be a shit bloke off the field but you can’t question his performances on it. He took Samoa to the World Cup final after people raved on about how Cleary made him look so good.

the eels pack is the one pack that could compare to the Panthers last year (and beats probably every other pack). Eels had 3 middles play Origin, a NZ backrower and another NZ rep that swaps between middle and edge. Their other backrower was exceptional without achieving rep honours. They were probably one decent bench forward short of matching the Panthers.

Did you watch the gf?

Dogs forum say Tigers deal done for Moses at 5 years for 7M so 1.4per year if true.
IF and a big IF 5 years what is everyone thoughts?

I was happy with the 4 years but if the extra year is needed to make it happen, I say yes. It makes us a top 8 team for which he will help bigtime and considering the salary cap will rise in that time as well.. Could all be smoke as well but nice to dream :sleep: Even if not true the club has had an excellent off season considering we were wooden spooners.
We might be getting stitched up, if it's true I just can't see how he's worth 1.4 a year atm. We keep saying as a club we're maturing and no longer paying players based on potential yet we offer Moses 1.4 million a year for 5 years, considering he hasn't won a comp and only played in one origin game. It's also a 5 year deal, if it goes pear shaped it guarantees our cap is stuffed for 5 years. If it's true I hope it works but it's a massive gamble, and to be honest he is being paid massive overs.

Luai may be a shit bloke off the field but you can’t question his performances on it. He took Samoa to the World Cup final after people raved on about how Cleary made him look so good.
No. No he didn’t.
He lead the team to a flogging first up and then pulled his head in and let the team do the talking, winning some tight games until the final when he came up against Cleary who gave him an obvious bath.

We all recall the game we got hammered by 60 odd vs the Roosters, AD was defending and i use that term loosely on an edge, we were getting peppered at the time inside our 30. He dropped his mouthguard and thought it was an approiate time to wander out of the line and pick it up leaving a huge hole for them to stroll through.
So if ever there was any doubt as to whether his defense could hack it in the forwards, remember that moment. He cant even manage to defend adequately in the backs.

You make a couple of very valid points but I'm still not keen on having that maggot scum bag back with us.

I suppose we could always honour him by naming one of the toilet cubicles at Leichhardt Oval after him, which shows how much respect I have for the low life.
Oh no we can't rename the Morrison toilet it's a tourist attraction

No. No he didn’t.
He lead the team to a flogging first up and then pulled his head in and let the team do the talking, winning some tight games until the final when he came up against Cleary who gave him an obvious bath.
Luai was one of their best players if not the best & Australia had one of their best sides in recent memory & smashed every team they came up against. Samoa also beat the team who flogged them to secure their spot in the final in a game where Luai had 3 try assists.

Testi
Taking Moses's history with the club out of the equation I still think this would be a terrible signing at that price and length of contract.
Yes, he was in a Grand Final but he was awful in that final series. The eels forwards led them to the grand final (that and the rails run, avoiding the likes of Penrith, Rabbitohs and Roosters in the other knock out stages). We've seen Moses is also a previous wooden spoon recipient so we know he equally cannot perform behind a bad pack.
All that said, I can accept he probably is probably an upgrade at 7, but at 1.4mil and with the comfort of a 5 year contract I don't see how anyone could possibly think he will perform to that value.
Maybe 3 years at 1mil, I wouldn't like it but I could understand.

Then factoring in his history at the club I can't see why anyone would be happy.
Testify

It makes us a top 8 team for which he will help bigtime and considering the salary cap will rise in that time as well..
Maybe. All conjecture currently.
Even if not true the club has had an excellent off season considering we were wooden spooners.
It has been a reasonable off season recruitment wise. Let’s see if our coaching staff can get them to gel.

Luai was one of their best players if not the best & Australia had one of their best sides in recent memory & smashed every team they came up against. Samoa also beat the team who flogged them to secure their spot in the final in a game where Luai had 3 try assists.
Lol you make it sound like Samoa were a bunch of Islanders who Luai carried to the final.
They were very capable due to their collective upbringing in Australian and New Zealand systems.
The Australian side were rusty as hell and out of sync in most games. That said when he came up against Cleary, the lack of class from him was obvious.

We all recall the game we got hammered by 60 odd vs the Roosters, AD was defending and i use that term loosely on an edge, we were getting peppered at the time inside our 30. He dropped his mouthguard and thought it was an approiate time to wander out of the line and pick it up leaving a huge hole for them to stroll through.
So if ever there was any doubt as to whether his defense could hack it in the forwards, remember that moment. He cant even manage to defend adequately in the backs.
Remember that , he was responsible for 4-5 tries that game

Lol you make it sound like Samoa were a bunch of Islanders who Luai carried to the final.
They were very capable due to their collective upbringing in Australian and New Zealand systems.
The Australian side were rusty as hell and out of sync in most games. That said when he came up against Cleary, the lack of class from him was obvious.
Not at all but you’re making it sound like Luai was a ghost & got carried to the final. Cleary is obviously better then Luai no question about it, but Luai is a top 3 5/8 in the comp.

All the footy gurus & super coaches
came out in force today haha.
I get that people dont like him but
Luai was very good for Samoa in WC.
Ball hasn't even been kicked yet. Look forward to what 2023 brings, then
we can see who to cut who stays..

Top 6 maybe - I can't have him in front of Walker, Keary, Munster...
Brown and Burton would also get my vote in that Panthers side.
I’d have Wighton in front as well. 7th at best…with Doueihi on his heels.
Take him out of the Penrith system…maybe not even top 10

good NRL halfbacks are very hard to come by. Moses is at least a top 8 halfback, we haven’t had one of those for some time. If we signed him for 5 years (which I think is too long) after a couple of years I think there will be other bottom feeding teams desperate enough to take him off our hands at full freight (Or close enough to full freight).

Members online

Back