Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I get ur anger , but how can u bag the club , sheens has done a great job so far to rebuild a useless forward pack , but u can’t buy everyone in one season, we will shed more dead wood next year and hopefully bring in some class backs , so support the club while they continue to rebuild and if it fails then u can unload on them .
Totally agree with you.

I actually am in full support of the club offering Moses a 5 yr deal despite the risk in the latter years.

I also think the club is moving in the right direction - I don’t agree with everything like releasing Hastings instead of brooks but generally do think sheens is a vast improvement.

I was only pointing out that people on this forum constantly bashing Gus and the bulldogs is completely biased… if we had signed the people the dogs have we would be cheering and likewise if the dogs had signed klemmer and Bateman for 4 yrs and offered MM a 5 yr deal people on here would be bashing him.

I think the tigers are moving in the right direction and I think Gus is doing a a good job at the dogs - and they’re probably one and a half marquee players in front of us at the moment. (Burton, JAC, Mahoney, Kikau, Crichton…. Vs Korisaou, Paps, Bateman, Klem… extra half point bc they have more of a spine but if we get MM then I think we’re even.

Do some book reading lad!!

He did BUGGER ALL for Penrith's success - aside from get his mate Packer to bail out their debts!!

His 5-year plan turned into more than 10 years while he played Checkers (not CHESS) with coach appointments etc.

They only succeeded after luck - and the return of one of the coaches Gus sacked!!

The guy is an inveterate liar and a leech on rugby league!
Yes ALL he did was get Packer to finance their whole academy.

If you’re saying that Penrith would be in 3 of the last GFs without Gus I think you’re wrong.

They kept their juniors in place whilst he was there… long enough to stick together and they won all the junior comps coming through.

Look what happens when you have good juniors and bad administration - you lose them! …. Teddy and Moses ring a bell.

Mate listen to Cronk talk about the sport. He sounds like a 10+ year coach. He understands the game inside and out. The guys you named were/are good because of him and his absolute ability to deconstruct an opposition at training and implement a game plan to expose them during play. He constantly knew what to do when a game was playing out a certain way.
In contrast, Moses sounds like a park footballer when he describes how a game went.

As for his successes, Cronk won a GF playing badly busted and was able to orchestrate the win like a conductor on the field against the side he knew better than anyone. The guy was more than a player.
Dead set right.

Cooper Cronk has a coaching brain potentially in excess of Bellamy or Bennett. Bellamy would tell how at training Cooper Cronk would ask "hey Coach, why are we doing this", always a stack of questions. Cooper understood the tiny details within the 1%'ers. The where to be and what to do at that precise moment.

When Cooper Coaches NRL, he is going to be an insane BOMB of a coach. Between Cronk and Haslier we see two awesome coaches waiting for the lacklustre clubs to offer them a good contract.

After punting him from South’s while under contract?
Doubtful!!

Moreso, why would Doueihi leave home and Sydney to take a chance and go play for a coach that’s already punted him once…

I don’t see any logic in your suspicions -
at all.
It's simple. Play a game of musical chairs with 3 kids and 3 Chairs.

Now remove a Chair. The kids named Moses and Brooks get to keep their seats.

Dead set right.

Cooper Cronk has a coaching brain potentially in excess of Bellamy or Bennett. Bellamy would tell how at training Cooper Cronk would ask "hey Coach, why are we doing this", always a stack of questions. Cooper understood the tiny details within the 1%'ers. The where to be and what to do at that precise moment.

When Cooper Coaches NRL, he is going to be an insane BOMB of a coach. Between Cronk and Haslier we see two awesome coaches waiting for the lacklustre clubs to offer them a good contract.
unfortunately i dont think Cronk has any interest in becoming an NRL coach.

Do we see a world where Doueihi stays on if we sign Moses for 2024?
no. views himself as a 6 or a 7 and Brooks will be retained as a bargaining chip to lure Moses over. unfortunate given he's a local junior and is passionate about the club but I don't expect to see him here in 2024.

There are no leaks so how do we know what has or hasn't occurred?
I know that we have new coaches with a reported different approach, and a strengthened pack that has previously impacted our halves - not just one of them. So what has been largely agreed on as a reason for holding them back, has been addressed. If you back them, chasing Moses on - significant dollars whatever the details - before a ball is thrown this season implies that the coach/s even with improvements, are not convinced.

unfortunately i dont think Cronk has any interest in becoming an NRL coach.

To be honest i doubt if he will become a coach because he would be on decent money doing commentary with zero stress to get results as compared to what is the toughest gig of all in being a first grade coach in the NRL.
It is only a matter of time in coaching before you get the chop,results especially premierships are everything

Do we see a world where Doueihi stays on if we sign Moses for 2024?
I think it’s too early to tell but if Doueihi’s defence improves and he shows he can ignite the background then he’ll be a very valuable half (maybe too valuable in terms of $).
Money aside, Moses at 7. Brooks or Doueihi and 6 & 14. Brooks could cover D.H. As well.
Dreaming really, I could see us holding on to them all.
Good thing is, no half or fullback has a contract beyond Nov this year..so its a shootout.

Back