Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Brooks looks like the weight of the world is off his shoulders.. Looks fresh and excited for a big year and hopefully he can help bring Moses over for the ride
I’m excited to see him have a go this year sounds like he hated Madge’s game plan of 5 hit ups and kick. Seriously how good would it be to see Luke Brooks succeed at this club he deserves it

So we are been told that Bateman can’t get a visa because of Xmas , and backlogs . I don’t buy this because we all know it’s not what u know it’s WHO u know , so we all our been told that no one At the tigers has no contacts in the government . I spoke to a barrister mate of mine and he said he had contacts that he could approach, but not saying he could get a visa , just seems very strange

Reactions: 851
Brooks looks like the weight of the world is off his shoulders.. Looks fresh and excited for a big year and hopefully he can help bring Moses over for the ride
Unfortunately it's the time of the season that you hear the most out of Brooks,next will be the signing a piece of paper with his season comittments to the team. But I am hoping for a very very successful season from him

Benji looked like he could step straight back out on to the field.
Laurie has definitely put on some size but didn’t train ,he actually walked past me and I heard him say to someone else “I’m just going to get a scan”
I think Houston may of got injured from an API tackle ,wrapped up both his arms and slammed him pretty good .
Api is a beast in defence. Arguably the best technique in the league, maybe only Jake Trbojevic better.

Reactions: 851
He did look at ease and had a light hearted moment where he said that with Koroisau at dummy halfy,Twally might score a try this year. That was on Ch 10 news. WTs are receiving a good run of positive news in the media.
Mate if Api can get Twal a try then he should be awarded the Dally M on the spot.

For some reason Hastings wasn't rated. I assume because he is a little slow and the coaching staff saw him as a lock. It could be because he is a difficult personality and not that good a player.
Correct. I don’t think it was his playing but moreso his personality. From what I’ve heard his persona rubbed people up the wrong way independent of how he was portrayed in the media. Apparently - might I add.

I love how all this is constructed on the assumption that the Tigers were never a threat to begin with.
The only reason why Riccio believes he will stay with the Eels is because the ‘impressive’ bulldogs have pulled out. Yeah let’s not consider…
His idol is now on the coaching staff and will be his first grade coach during his contract.
His best mate is in the team and they have always spoken about playing again together.
The coach that signed him to play first grade in the first place is back in the head coaching role.
The style of football he most enjoys is a lot more suited to a Wests Tigers coaching format than a Parramatta grind and shift style.
His former backrow in crime has moved to Wests Tigers.
His former dummy half has relocated to the dogs.
He and Brown tend to take space away from each other during games.
Money.
He lives in Putney. Geographically he is closer to Concord than Parramatta.

I’m not saying he is a given to sign with us, but Bly me the media are giving us nothing. There at the least a far more reasons why he would choose us over the dogs.
Great points!! If Moses was staying at Parra you think he would have signed by now, just my thought. The longer it goes the better for us

So we are been told that Bateman can’t get a visa because of Xmas , and backlogs . I don’t buy this because we all know it’s not what u know it’s WHO u know , so we all our been told that no one At the tigers has no contacts in the government . I spoke to a barrister mate of mine and he said he had contacts that he could approach, but not saying he could get a visa , just seems very strange
It would be strange if he got his visa approved already tbh and it wouldn’t matter if you knew Giles (he’s a top block btw - too sincere to be in politics) . Be patient brother he’ll arrive soon! 😉

Last edited:
I love how all this is constructed on the assumption that the Tigers were never a threat to begin with.
The only reason why Riccio believes he will stay with the Eels is because the ‘impressive’ bulldogs have pulled out. Yeah let’s not consider…
His idol is now on the coaching staff and will be his first grade coach during his contract.
His best mate is in the team and they have always spoken about playing again together.
The coach that signed him to play first grade in the first place is back in the head coaching role.
The style of football he most enjoys is a lot more suited to a Wests Tigers coaching format than a Parramatta grind and shift style.
His former backrow in crime has moved to Wests Tigers.
His former dummy half has relocated to the dogs.
He and Brown tend to take space away from each other during games.
Money.
He lives in Putney. Geographically he is closer to Concord than Parramatta.

I’m not saying he is a given to sign with us, but Bly me the media are giving us nothing. There at the least a far more reasons why he would choose us over the dogs.

Valid points although being comfortable with what you know is a valid point too.

Great points!! If Moses was staying at Parra you think he would have signed by now, just my thought. The longer it goes the better for us

The opportunity to work under Sheens will not come up again (you would think). He only next year to do it.

Said from the start how much more is he going to learn from Arthur.

We basically got Klemmer for free this year and your concerned.
Tigers would not have paid any to Knights for Hastings and if we got Klemmer for 400k that is a bargain. Hastings was on around 400-500k I believe as well. Very Smart business especially if we land Moses.
We would have got Klemmer anyway .
Stupid to lose a halfback with no decent replacement.

Back