Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

as a centre happy for him to be at the club been pretty consistent with that. Also no problem with AD as captain if he is in the centres not 6

You have been consistent JT, I'll
give you that my guy. Hope both
6 & 7 turn up show their value this year
and give us a good problem to have

If that 1.4m is all cap, that's nuts. I mean he is better than what we have in the halves and he'll probably carry us to the eight but for that money plus TPA's on top you'd want a Cooper Cronk or Nathan Cleary.
Haven’t you been informed? Moses is every bit as good as both of them….

Reactions: Hmm
I thank POM for this info, however I find it extremely worrying that this Moses stuff has been leaked. If the club is confident they should be shutting the F up about it and let it happen. Reminds me of when Pascoe was telling sponsors we had Nathan Cleary coming back in 2018.
Maybe its leaked for a reason... Might fans of both clubs' fans time to understand and except better.

I suppose beggars can't be choosers. Doueihi wants just shy of a million apparently, I'd rather fork out the extra half a mil and bring Moses back if they're the choices.

It is like choosing how you want to die poison or hanging,neither option is palatable to me

The club is very confident that Moses will be putting pen to paper at this Thursdays meeting.
A 4 year deal worth close to $1.4mill per season (can't confirm but a 5 year may be a mutual option).
All "requirements" per his managements discussions have been met & our offer is better than the Eels.

Since Farnworth has informed other clubs of his intent to stay at Broncos the club has changed focus to Dominic Young, very early talk just gauging his price point.

Daine Laurie is looking likely to take up the current 1 year extension being offered, he wants 2 years or more but club not budging on this.

Talk of Seyfarth looking to move on is true, club happy to keep him for 2023 season but won't stand in his way of long term offer if it comes forward.

Laurie will be fullback round 1, Staines too quiet for Sheens liking & "needs to find his voice" to be any chance of taking the 1 off Laurie, Bula is nipping at their heels but a roster spot would need to be freed for him to play prior to round 10.

Club has also held talk with Fletcher Baker from the Roosters.
@THE_POM always appreciate the posts you provide:

Just a question, do you have any idea on the "requirements" that Moses requested on our behalf excluding salary.... there was a post in here that apparently he requested that we beef up our pack, is that one of them or is that false?

Thanks for the "The POMs" info on MM .. I personally think+ as if he's not coming .. that way we dont get to disappointed should things change and he's not coming .. BUT when ;) .. i mean if he does sign on .. waahoo .. !! we'll have something to be really excited about .. 🍻🍻 Once again thanks for the info bro ..

Someone mention earlier about MM, if had signed back on with Parra they would have announced it by now .. lets look at this way .. they are waiting as long as possible to announce what's happening with MM .. because if they announce that he is leaving to join the Tigers now .. they would lose a lot of regular members signing back on with the Eels .. so if they wait as long as possible to get as many members then they will notify everyone what's happening with MM. So really its a financial reason as to why they are waiting to announce what's happening with MM .. whether he is staying or leaving.

In Yesteryear CB....
Will be another (If not 2) cap rises in his time.
Bought a lettuce lately?

Put in perspective it's expected.
Any conversation for Moses would have started at 1.2...

Keep in mind DCE and Taumalolo have been on a Million for the best part of a decade.
1.4 in 2 years is no more unfathomable than 1.0 was in 2014...
Farah was on 900k way back, Townsends on 800k....
1.4 will be the standard price for a half in the very near future,

Probably more if they don't start making a few more of them.
Definitely agree, BB.

I am not Sheens or Marshall so my opinion is just that opinion.
I'd we get Moses it is clear he is coming to play with Brooks in the halves
Where does that leave AD centre lock or fullback. Who knows under Sheens coaching he may go well at fullback

Reactions: 851
For a little perspective -

(and I understand these figures are are for '23 (speculated by NRL), but there's no confirmation on the '24 cap as of yet...)

- $1.4 million/season represents 11.6% of a 12.1 million dollar salary cap (2023)

- With the 2022 cap last year at 9.6 million, an equivalent salary of 11.6% of the cap would've been 1.11 million/season

As much as this number sounds inflated, it's in many ways relative to the cap which is rising all the time. If that figure is locked over the contract, the value will only be better the longer the contract.

I am not Sheens or Marshall so my opinion is just that opinion.
I'd we get Moses it is clear he is coming to play with Brooks in the halves
Where does that leave AD centre lock or fullback. Who knows under Sheens coaching he may go well at fullback

Let's wait and see. If AD kills it at 6 it'll be hard to move him on. Moses doesn't pick the team.

Back