Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The hate AD gets for last season is crazy, people expect a guy coming back from an ACL injury to walk into the team & be the star player.

That was my expectation. I rated him too highly.

I don't hate him. I don't think he is as good as what I thought he was.

If we miss out will we get a ‘we thought we had him’ media release ?
Seems the leaks are to help drive his price up to stay with eels.
Love to be wrong .
Note that's outright salary, not including any other benefits/TPA's. Eels offer is $1.1mill plus extras.

It will definitely be Brooks. He will be on a reduced contract, and AD believes he is worth $900k. He simply isn't, as good as a player he is. He won't get that from us, no matter what position he is playing in.

Keeping Brooks allows us to spend the best part of $1 million in the kitty for other upgrades and key retention. (assuming AD is currently on $600k and is released and Brooks takes a $400k hit). Bush math, but you get the picture.
Isnt that why we have new coach to coach all the players. You may be right about Douehi, but until he has the opportunity to play under new leadership and a strengthened squad not sure how you can right him off anymore than any other player who has shown some ability.
A bit premature to assume Brooks will accept a lesser contract if he is performing well - it could possibly be his last opportunity to earn big dollars. Given the strengthened squad, and a coach who seemingly is more aligned with the way Brooks likes to play we would hope and should see the best from him.
The whole moving the deck chairs to fit in Brooks somewhere at whatever cost and form is not in the best interest of the club until we see how the team performs. I just don't get the thinking. Not anti Brooks pro club.

In all seriousness the meeting could very well be Moses’ camp trying to get a higher offer… seems likely

Cause if he agreed to tigers deal he could just call to advise he’s coming in to sign.

Just temper any optimism imo

AD potentially to centre in 2024 ? if he lowers his asking price.
Unless he plays the house down, i doubt it. To many fast kids to make way for, and the fact that Lauries been offered an extension,. If moses does come, the writings on the wall,. He has already been shopping himself around,and we have two back-up halves now.

In all seriousness the meeting could very well be Moses’ camp trying to get a higher offer… seems likely

Cause if he agreed to tigers deal he could just call to advise he’s coming in to sign.

Just temper any optimism imo
Could be a number of reasons.
Has our receptionist got big boobies?

I am not Sheens or Marshall so my opinion is just that opinion.
I'd we get Moses it is clear he is coming to play with Brooks in the halves
Where does that leave AD centre lock or fullback. Who knows under Sheens coaching he may go well at fullback
If Moses comes, AD will wisely looking for another club i imagine,he's been tried in these positions. Laurie has been offered an extension, and leads the way at fullback, Then Stains, then Bula, who are fast and can play on the edges, plus a stack of cheap young kids coming through .
This could even be another Hastings like scenario.

If Moses comes, AD will wisely looking for another club i imagine,he's been tried in these positions. Laurie has been offered an extension, and leads the way at fullback, Then Stains, then Bula, who are fast and can play on the edges, plus a stack of cheap young kids coming through .

Unless he plays out of his skin this season and proves that he is a quality 6 or centre or wherever.

Reactions: 851
this is what you posted ::

"Karl Oloapu has already agreed to a deal with Dolphins, Bulldogs talk is hot air."

I fail to see how it is poorly phrased and how anyone would misconstrue what you said.
Simple error, was typing quickly and got the order of the two clubs back to front, but I think the meaning from my post is clear nonetheless if one is not trying to nitpick.

This will probably be an unpopular opinion but if one of Moses demands is to be partnered with Brooks that sets a bad precedent early, Sheens & Benjis should be the ones picking the team & deciding who should be in the halves.
understand Moses manager last year asked the Tigers to strengthen pack which we did with Klemmer and Bateman. Also noting Klemmer, Bateman both Issac Moses clients and picked the Tigers.

I think a player coming to the club in the halves is allowed to ask who the club is thinking will be his halves partner e.g. AD LB or another player. If said player is not happy e.g. Sheens picks LB and Moses wants AD then Moses would be entitled to say to Sheens thanks but no thanks. Likewise if Moses wants LB and Sheens picks AD and Moses is not happy then again he is entitled not to sign for the club.

In the case of his other option at Parramatta Moses knows who his halves partner will be so no issue there.

Yep AD is gone. Wants ridiculous money and wants to play 5/8. His best spot is centre but he’s not interested.

Off to Super League you go,

Me though, I’d be sudsing out Kurtley Beale. Grub - there is no doubt but reckon he’d go well. Plus he’s been stood down.

This will probably be an unpopular opinion but if one of Moses demands is to be partnered with Brooks that sets a bad precedent early, Sheens & Benjis should be the ones picking the team & deciding who should be in the halves.
What do you think that Moses' knows that you don't?

It could be that he knows Brooks can play but needs the forwards strengthened as per Moses' request?

Also any first grade half would want to know who he is going to be paired with.

In the article on the Brooks' thread, Marshall confirmed he wants Brooks to stay. Brooks also confirmed he wants to stay after discussions with Marshall.

Doueihi has left his options open.

understand Moses manager last year asked the Tigers to strengthen pack which we did with Klemmer and Bateman. Also noting Klemmer, Bateman both Issac Moses clients and picked the Tigers.

I think a player coming to the club in the halves is allowed to ask who the club is thinking will be his halves partner e.g. AD LB or another player. If said player is not happy e.g. Sheens picks LB and Moses wants AD then Moses would be entitled to say to Sheens thanks but no thanks. Likewise if Moses wants LB and Sheens picks AD and Moses is not happy then again he is entitled not to sign for the club.

In the case of his other option at Parramatta Moses knows who his halves partner will be so no issue there.
My point is the best player should get the chance to play alongside Moses not whoever Moses picks.

Reactions: 851
Back