Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

AD right now is a myth.

Hasn’t performed as a 5/8 or FB or center… consistently … at a level that warrants him to be considered as anything more than a first grade player with potential.

Right now he’s no where near as good as Jack Wighton as a running 5/8.

He doesn’t have a crisp, consistent passing game… which is why he’s considered a running 5/8.

Yes, some long looping passes have resulted in tries, but a lot have gone out of bounds, behind players or forward.

His defense at 5/8 was terrible and if things don’t go his way he goes missing in games.

He was too slow and out of position as a FB, and was suspect under the high ball.

The only spot he would get in a top 8 team is either 14, or as a “top up” center on approx $450k.

Anything more than that is paying for potential which in all his games he’s shown maybe 25% of the game time he’s played overall… and that’s generous.

Everyone frothing on him on this forum are basing it on a low base bc at times he’s been made to look like a superstar in our wooden spoon team.

And he has a massive ego.

Personally I never thought we should’ve signed him… it was a typical tigers signing… sign someone for 4 years (when the next best contract was from the roosters for 2 years), pay them overs, and buy them for a a position that they haven’t had experience or excelled in…. He’s a taller, faster, stronger but less consistent Moses Mbye 2.0

Anyone saying different is basing it on potential and hope not what he’s done in games.
I could leave him as a center on $450-$500k, otherwise I hope he goes so we can find a proper 5/8 so we can stop “hoping” and discussing his “potential”.
well put tigermate,i totally agree

You know you're a Wests Tigers fan when you conclude that because Gus Gould knows he isn't going to the dogs he MUST be staying at the Eels.

Dead set loser mentality.

Could it bit be he simply said no thanks I prefer the Tigers offer if I'm going to leave the Eels

Gus come in third in a 3 horse race.

Facts.
You know you're a Wests Tigers fan when "we thought we had him" is good enough. Shades of Ma'a Nonu.

Gus has Ciraldo, Crichton and it he's appears to be about to get Leniu. All of those players/coaches we've spoken to.

If we don't land Moses, despite recruiting well for 2023 we haven't removed the monkey off our back in terms of signing marquee players.

AD right now is a myth.

Hasn’t performed as a 5/8 or FB or center… consistently … at a level that warrants him to be considered as anything more than a first grade player with potential.

He doesn’t have a crisp, consistent passing game… which is why he’s considered a running 5/8.

Yes, some long looping passes have resulted in tries, but a lot have gone out of bounds, behind players or forward.

His defense at 5/8 was terrible and if things don’t go his way he goes missing in games.

He was too slow and out of position as a FB, and was suspect under the high ball.

The only spot he would get in a top 8 team is either 14, or as a “top up” center on approx $450k.

Anything more than that is paying for potential which in all his games he’s shown maybe 25% of the game time he’s played overall… and that’s generous.

Everyone frothing on him on this forum are basing it on a low base bc at times he’s been made to look like a superstar in our wooden spoon team.

Personally I never thought we should’ve signed him… it was a typical tigers signing… sign someone for 4 years (when the next best contract was from the roosters for 2 years), pay them overs, and buy them for a a position that they haven’t had experience or excelled in…. He’s a taller, faster, stronger but less consistent Moses Mbye 2.0

Anyone saying different is basing it on potential and hope not what he’s done in games.
I could leave him as a center on $450-$500k, otherwise I hope he goes so we can find a proper 5/8 so we can stop “hoping” and discussing his “potential”.

Worst post of the week award 🥇

AD right now is a myth.

Perfectly said !

please tell me what you would rate him out of 10, in what position would you play him, and provide some examples which back up your position.

Was just a throw away comment.
Sorry bro, not getting into it 2night ...

AD right now is a myth.

Well he is certainly in like company then.
Stef, Blore, Laurie, yet to establish themselves after different levels of hype. Will be interesting to see who steps up if any do at all. Then it will be the age old arguement player or coach...

AD right now is a myth.

I agree with a lot of this. At his best he is just an average first grader. Moses Mybe is way faster than Douhie. It’s Douhie’s lack of pace that puts a low ceiling on what he’ll be able to achieve in his first grade career. We should let him play out the season and let him move on. The money could be better used elsewhere.

The hate comes across.

He is no different to any of our players with potential. He has potential, has shown a bit but it's up to him to take the next step

Simple as that, unbiased.
the hate, or objective criticism as I have made several examples of his game that would be difficult to argue with, comes from the guy wanting $950K and most on here, including the media, think that we should "build a team around him"...

he's had what, 3 seasons here, playing in 3 or 4 different positions, hasnt been able to lock one down, hasn't shown us that he can turn a game on his own... etc etc...

at some point you have to let them go and try someone else. how long does the hope of "potential" last? 4 seasons, 5 seasons, 9 seasons (brooks?) ... because every pre-season will be different and we quickly forget about the seasons before us, which is why we end up in a loop of mediocrity.... players underperform, everyone thinks they're terrible, the season ends, we wait around like lemons for preseason, we are busting to watch footy again, preseason starts and we get hopeful again because we're fans and totally biased and forget about last season because this season "will be different".

I want to win. period.

I agree with a lot of this. At his best he is just an average first grader. Moses Mybe is way faster than Douhie. It’s Douhie’s lack of pace that puts a low ceiling on what he’ll be able to achieve in his first grade career. We should let him play out the season and let him move on. The money could be better used elsewhere.
With Tupou, Ngutlik, Bula, Scolari and Hill there is genuine depth now of young quick backs. A coaching team who will make full use of them if they put in the effort.

With Tupou, Ngutlik, Bula, Scolari and Hill there is genuine depth now of young quick backs. A coaching team who will make full use of them if they put in the effort.
I can’t wait to see these and some of our other juniors progress through to first grade in the next couple of years. The excitement of the ride to the top is better than the view when you get there.

Well he is certainly in like company then.
Stef, Blore, Laurie, yet to establish themselves after different levels of hype. Will be interesting to see who steps up if any do at all. Then it will be the age old arguement player or coach...
Stef and Blore haven't been on the field long enough bc of injuries however at least they have locked positions.

Stef in the limited game time has lived up to the hype (or thereabouts) for me, when he has played.

Blore - started well, got injured, came back and was a bit average, got injured, so yes this year he'll either prove he's on the up and up or level out.

Laurie - i'd agree with you but he's only played 1 or 2 seasons? can't recall and he has been our voted players player for those years right? again can't remember.

Sorry but I disagree. Moses Mbye is terrible. Doueihi can create points. Mbye parades on the field pretending to be a footballer.

Back