Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The negotiations are for next season ie 2024
Agree, with maybe a chance for this year. But sides would be negotiating now for 2024 as you stated, and it would be difficult to do much when you have 1.4mil $ tied up waiting for an answer.

I’m a pessimist but I’m of the belief there was no meeting and Moses is probably gunna take all year to decide because he doesn’t wanna get eels fans offside if he does choose to leave, things can get pretty toxic that way and even with his teammates.
He has until May to decide.

I would also be comfortable with the Tigers pulling out of negotiations if it does drag on too long, or at least setting a deadline. We need to plan for 2024 and not have dead money sitting in the bank because it does nothing for our finals hopes.

Lol. No one’s forcing you to visit. If you are desperate for accurate news go constantly hit refresh the wests tigers Facebook page. The good thing about that is, while you wait for the official news you can share scone recipes with like minded people. Maybe complain about cars with loud exhausts and how summers were better in your day.

Just a thought, you do you.
You can't "just do you" in a community forum. It's a group effort.

I'll explain to you the concept of internet forums, seeing as you perhaps don't get it. The idea is you create these threads, see, with a particular topic / subject matter. And people can follow and respond to threads that interest them, and ignore other threads that don't interest them.

What is less helpful is when people start posting stuff unrelated to the topic at hand, and usually people are polite and start A NEW THREAD (gosh) to host their new topic of conversation. And normally the off-topic banter is short-lived and nobody cares that much.

I would call yesterday a new low benchmark in inane time-wasting. And I've been on here about 20 years, so I've seen a lot. Yes some people thought it was funny and yes this thread in particular is often pretty Seinfeldian.

Of course you can ignore my comment and just do yourself - there's an irony for you.

He has until May to decide.

I would also be comfortable with the Tigers pulling out of negotiations if it does drag on too long, or at least setting a deadline. We need to plan for 2024 and not have dead money sitting in the bank because it does nothing for our finals hopes.
Surely the club is not silly enough to wait until may. I would expect latest even a manager would wait is season kick off. Cause if parra start the season poorly his value would decline

You can't "just do you" in a community forum. It's a group effort.

I'll explain to you the concept of internet forums, seeing as you perhaps don't get it. The idea is you create these threads, see, with a particular topic / subject matter. And people can follow and respond to threads that interest them, and ignore other threads that don't interest them.

What is less helpful is when people start posting stuff unrelated to the topic at hand, and usually people are polite and start A NEW THREAD (gosh) to host their new topic of conversation. And normally the off-topic banter is short-lived and nobody cares that much.

I would call yesterday a new low benchmark in inane time-wasting. And I've been on here about 20 years, so I've seen a lot. Yes some people thought it was funny and yes this thread in particular is often pretty Seinfeldian.

Of course you can ignore my comment and just do yourself - there's an irony for you.
Back on topic thanks.

The deadlines worked a treat on Moses and Tedesco last time.
The point of the deadline isn't to persuade the player to sign, it's to give the club a chance to pursue alternatives if they don't. What you're saying is, effectively, you've had this offer in front of you for X months and if you're still stalling to see if something better comes along we're going to have to assume the answer is no and move on.

The point of the deadline isn't to persuade the player to sign, it's to give the club a chance to pursue alternatives if they don't. What you're saying is, effectively, you've had this offer in front of you for X months and if you're still stalling to see if something better comes along we're going to have to assume the answer is no and move on.
There are now 17 teams in the competition. In a beat-up sportingnews.com online article yesterday, a cub reporter posted that MM was the most in-demand player in the NRL. He then listed the teams vying for his signature:

1: Weststigers - Apparently he has met officials and the offer has been made. Another meeting is due prior to the trials. blah blah blah.
2. Pawwa - MM is "testing the water elsewhere"
3. Dolphins "no formal offer" but "would be silly not to put forward an offer"
4. Dogs - also made the list despite no formal offer being made and noting that Gus had advised that the Dogs had other priorities.

So apparently MM is the most in-demand player in the NRL folks based on the fact that We offered more than Pawwa. The fact that no other team needs a 29-year-old (2024) overs laden 1/2 back should be a warning to the proponents of a long-term offer beyond 3 years.

Latest posts

Members online

Back