Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

For what it’s worth the same source I’ve been posting on here about who works in membership - who up until now has been pretty spot on for those who can remember

He reckons it’s happening.... not 1000% but the whispers around the club is he’s coming back but just nothing signed as of yet - however that’s expected to change in the coming days

Apparently around 6-8 members of the squad have been in contact talks with Moses including Brooks and Ice (the main two)

The word around town is we’re offering around 200-300k more a season over a longer period - Moses went back to Parra to increase there offer and as it stands they haven’t budged

Also.... Parra have quietly been talking internally that if Moses did leave they want Stefano for 2023 and they’ll let him go

For what it’s worth both Benji and Sheens are scoffing at that idea and are happy to wait for 2024

For what it’s worth the same source I’ve been posting on here about who works in membership - who up until now has been pretty spot on for those who can remember

He reckons it’s happening.... not 1000% but the whispers around the club is he’s coming back but just nothing signed as of yet - however that’s expected to change in the coming days

Apparently around 6-8 members of the squad have been in contact talks with Moses including Brooks and Ice (the main two)

The word around town is we’re offering around 200-300k more a season over a longer period - Moses went back to Parra to increase there offer and as it stands they haven’t budged

Also.... Parra have quietly been talking internally that if Moses did leave they want Stefano for 2023 and they’ll let him go

For what it’s worth both Benji and Sheens are scoffing at that idea and are happy to wait for 2024
Give em nothing. See you in 24 mitch.

To be honest our first trial is in less than a week, I'm interested in the team this year playing this week not next year. All good if Moses or some other quality player comes, but that will be next year.

Get ready for the footy and not worry about things we can't change.

Last edited:

THANK YOU!

Agree, with maybe a chance for this year. But sides would be negotiating now for 2024 as you stated, and it would be difficult to do much when you have 1.4mil $ tied up waiting for an answer.
No administration I assume are going to leave a contract or let anyone string them along awaiting a yay or nay response for a 12 month period ,recruitment suicide. Surely there is a cut off date or withdrawal timeline in place set by either club common sense would suggest. Do feel though Mosses hesitation to not have already re-sign with eels is a good sign for us, strange that he would not want the Eels club and fans rejoicing in his name if it were he is 100% happy to be there. I think weighing everything up he sees more pros coming to us I.e coaching staff, Brooks and definitely a club on the up! Hope we all know soon 🙏.

Thanks Teddy for the update and hope it's right..

What I don't understand is IF that meeting happened yesterday, I thought it was to commit but sounds like it was to increase our offer or something and then to go back to Eels again? Could be reading it wrong.
Clearly a decision needs to be made as its just dragging on.
I think the Eels might know as they don't seem to be having him in their marketing like you would if he was staying considering he would be the main vocal point IMO.
Don't want to get excited as been burnt many times before.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back