Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I just did a bit of research about Brooks younger days when he was getting big reviews but one memorable quote said “ for real hype look at the two of them I.e. Brooks/ Moses “.
They began playing together at age 12 and had an uncanny association on the footy field.
That’s why we want Moses back, to try and recreate that excitement from all those years sgo. Right through school, junior reps and on to grade they were the dynamic duo in every team they played in. They created confidence in each other. Sure there was also Teddy and others in the mix but they were the creators.
Sheens, Benji and Robbie know that, hence their interest in bringing Moses home, both in his own right and for the possibility of bringing the very best out of Brooks.
Let’s see what happens.

But there’s a difference between Munster and Moses. Munster didn’t actually go to market therefore no rival club could legally make him an offer. I understand where you’re coming from though and I agree with ya. But I can’t compare the two as Moses whether willingly or not is on the market and is considering his options, while Munster re-signed with the Storm 2 or 3 days before any rival club could’ve made him an offer.
Actually, the Storm gave him permission to talk to other clubs, so the whole thing could get wrapped up sooner.

Reactions: 851
I told myself I’d no longer comment on Brooks but can we please stop hanging on to one game from 10 years ago….
I see your point and I for one have not been a huge Brooks fan iof late but if we were able to recreate his old attitude to the game then we would all benefit.
Maybe it’s too late now but it certainly felt good to see him on the start of his career and what might have been.
But maybe it’s not. I don’t mind a bit of day dreaming. Let’s see what happens this year.

I see your point and I for one have not been a huge Brooks fan iof late but if we were able to recreate his old attitude to the game then we would all benefit.
Maybe it’s too late now but it certainly felt good to see him on the start of his career and what might have been.
But maybe it’s not. I don’t mind a bit of day dreaming. Let’s see what happens this year.
It's eternal hope but you gotta be positive at the start of the year. There is reasonable hope this year.

Pretty crazy too, if my memory serves me correct Brooks by passed NYC (the under 20s at the time) and reserve grade and was accelerated to first grade. Cannot be the best development pathway.
He didn't bypass them. He went from SG ball to Flegg, played half the season on Flegg before getting promoted to NSW Cup, where he again dominated and then got his callup against the Saints.

Moses had a much smaller frame so he took a bit longer to get promoted, he only got called up to NSW cup when Brooks went to NRL and likewise killed it in NSW Cup.

Brooks didn't play a full season or two of Flegg, but the top players rarely do. If you're good enough you're old enough

Last edited:
First time commenter long time reader -
Its rough to get a read on the moses situation. Miks rugby league page on instagram reckons Mitch has already re-signed with the Eels and just waiting for it to be registered by the NRL to be announced and his oil is pretty spot on in the past, also seems pretty confident shutting down any commenter who thinks otherwise, then again they said it would be announced this week just gone and it hasnt.. nothings official until its official but man i wish it would be announced one way or the other now so we can either move on or bring him into our plans.

I’m not saying he’s wrong but he’s been pushing that since 4 Jan and here we are a month and a day later and nada. I really don’t think a club needs to wait for the NRL to register a contract for a re-signing.

He didn't bypass them. He went from SG ball to Flegg, played half the season on Flegg better getting promoted to NSW Cup, where he again dominated and then got his callup against the Saints.

Moses had a much smaller frame so he took a bit longer to get promoted, he only got called up to NSW cup when Brooks went to NRL and likewise killed it in NSW Cup.

Brooks didn't play a full session or two of Flegg, but the top players rarely do. If you're good enough you're old enough

Holding them back a bit not a bad thing in my opinion.

Regardless wad not the root cause with Brooks which is the 4 coaches that proceeded ruined his game in my opinion.

The club should take some reponsibilty for what they coached out of him. That there, is one bloody good half.
That's one game. He'll have played 200 more after this season is done. Tim Sheens will be his 5th coach.

I don't know how you explain 4 different coaches over 10 seasons individually and collectively coached good footy "out of him".

The easier explanation is he just can't maintain the standard he set at his debut, and you don't get many chances to surprise your opposition.

That's one game. He'll have played 200 more after this season is done. Tim Sheens will be his 5th coach.

I don't know how you explain 4 different coaches over 10 seasons individually and collectively coached good footy "out of him".

The easier explanation is he just can't maintain the standard he set at his debut, and you don't get many chances to surprise your opposition.
In otherwords,"Brooks is OK cos I say so" Thanks Jerky

Why dont you read the proceeding posts that outlined a history - or maybe you are just another one of the i want it now generation.ILet me see..how long have we been paying him????
II want that level of performance NOW and the ensuing10 years ago based on his debut and the windfall $$ that have gone in his direction subsequently only to regress backwards almost every year..to the point were now spooners,with worst attack in nRL..and hes stillthe 7
Brooks is finally on notice from the club. to perform his future renewal shldnt be dictated to by I Moses manager yet again, but by WTs based on his form and wher it resembles the success of 10 years ago

Reactions: 851
Back