Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He was good but not great...he does have his limitations ,particularly as a running 7,but hes so far ahead of Brooks in our key areas of need that its not even a conversation
Barring a miracle,,retaining Brooks over Hastings will ultimately be the decision that sinks Sheens and maybe Benji with him..unless they pick up a superstar out of UK to compensate

He was good.

I know super coach isn't necessary a guide, but if a halfback scores 100 super coach points he has been influential.

Reactions: 851
Hey Dolphins have lost their first pick no 7 O'Sullivan' and now their second pick no 7 Milford done a hammy ! Maybe they could take Brooks off our hands
a friend in need is a friend indeed…

Players I think could boost our squad:

Blake Taaffe- probably as a 5/8. I see him similar in style to Luke Keary, and is behind players at Souths that will always restrict his ability to play First grade in Mitchell, Ilias & Walker.

Paul Momerovski- hear me out. He's defensively solid, makes few mistakes & comes through many good systems- Roosters, Panthers, Storm. He's 38th in the pecking order at the Roosters, but he instantly tidies up our defensive woes out wide. Not flashy. He's Shane Elford. It's Campbell Graham lite. Pushes either Talau if he doesn't recapture his potential or Naden who is a good attacker, but very average defender.

Mawene Hiroti- On the outside looking in at the Sharks. Very capable player in both attack & defence out wide.

Jayden Okunbor- Another on the outside looking in. Last year of his contract- a bigger winger to put opposite Taupo on the other side.
I really lament us offloading Paul Momo. He seemed exactly who we needed in the centres. We kept James Roberts and BJ Leulia, I could honestly see Paul still being in our team.

We punted Paul, we won't be getting him back. We shouldn't get him back unless he seriously reaches out to us. IMHO we burned that bridge and that's one I blame Madge.

Totally agreed though. We need defensive backs. Naden was an upgrade on defence when we brought him and in most teams he would be a weaker defender.

He was good.

I know super coach isn't necessary a guide, but if a halfback scores 100 super coach points he has been influential.
ok..ok..I maybe sold him a little short cause Im still lamenting the fact that hes no longer with us
He has the footy smarts to influence in a positive way almost everything the Knights do..exactly what we desperately need
Shame our coaching staff couldnt see that

Austin and Sezer would be great. Really can’t believe we let Austin go. The guy is a gun. Certainly backed himself. Brooks has never looked confident ever. The guy has made a career from his school boy highlights and playing well as a junior.

Sezer and Austin have that dog in them that we crave.
Two very different players.

Sezer could be an organising half, but not the best and below Townsend.

Austin had huge impact in his day. Now? forget it. I would be Mitchell Pearce back because he knows halfback and can perform at a club level. Austin though had size and speed, he lacked defensively and that was a weakness teams exploited against us once they realised he was big but a poor defender.

Sezer would be a bottom of the Barrell scrape. Austin's days are well past him.

It’s so sad that we are in this ‘desperate’ situation 4 rounds into the season. If it was long term injuries that caused this desperation you could excuse it, but we had a WHOLE off season to sort this out! Instead we put all our eggs in one basket trying to lure (Moses) and hinged all our hopes on a decade proven average player coming good (Brooks). This is so unprofessional, it’s embarrassing!

We’ve done the same thing with goal kickers over the years also, never seem to be able to find a consistent one, despite numerous player purchases and off seasons. It has cost us so many matches, as has the spine problem. We enter every new season hampered because of the club’s seeming inability to address the bleeding obvious!
We had a halfback who could have done a job for this season and we sent him to Newcastle and they're going pretty well without their big name weapon

After watching the 1st half our number 1 focus is FB as AD clearly has no interest in putting his body on the line.
AD needs to move to centre next week.

If we cannot find FB need to put Stains there ASAP.
AD needs to be dropped, he will agitate for a release and we should grant it ASAP.
Lets at least cut one cancer out early, been stuck with the other for 10 years

Dolphins were able to go out and sign 17 players for this season.

No reason we cannot go to market and sign 4 - 6 for 2024.

Fullback, Centre's, Wing, Halves.

Released : Nofo, Brooks, Talau, Laurie - maybe AD and Staines too...

Release Talau already, likewise release Nofo if we can get at least 300k off his contract... Otherwise let him go to reserve grade. Look I see no point in paying huge freight to get him off our books but he should be dropped from First grade.

Brooks has to go. Laurie can develop, Clearly under McGuire he regressed. Staines is a temp and AD is not a fullback. We see who performs and drop the others but those players have some potential.

Brooks needs to go.

I don’t know how we come back from this.

Forget about paying transfer fees to get blokes out of the super league. That money will be needed to pay out the current coaching staff at some stage and pay massive overs to attract a new coaching staff.

Our half decent players will leave in the interim.

I thought last year was rock bottom but we’ve gone to a completely new level.

After watching the 1st half our number 1 focus is FB as AD clearly has no interest in putting his body on the line.
AD needs to move to centre next week.

If we cannot find FB need to put Stains there ASAP.

He should be dropped. Imagine him at centre with the lack of interest, quick sand running or putting his body on the line.

Back