Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

One thing is certain though, Sheens might be a lot of things, one of which is great at finding great fullbacks, Bulas name hopefully will go down with the greats Sheens has uncovered in his time hopefully.
You don't mean... up there with Shannon Gallant?

Can we have a go at getting one of these two props both of there clubs are going struggle to pay them top money and from whispers Souths can not match what Tatola is chasing.

Moeaki Fotuaika or Tevita "Junior" Tatola

Junior Tatola we had him and let him go don't think he will be coming back anytime soon

Oddly, Jake Arthur to sign with Manly?
Which is very surprising as I know many coaches want to coach their offspring. I guess Brad Arthur realises that Jake's development would be hampered at Parramatta if his exposure is Brad Arthur alone.
Nah, he's a caring dad and just wants the best for his son, so he would like him to be coached by a far better coach.

So he sent him off to Seibold. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm as happy to see the emergence of Bula as a potential top class fullback as anyone. But does anyone else think we need to put the breaks on the whole this kid is a superstar we need to build out team around thing?

WTs did well with the Dolphins entering the NRL to assemble a squad with Pole, Tupou, Utoikamanu, Bula plus experienced players Koroisau, Klemmer, Papali'i' and Bateman. Add to that Twal and Nofoaluma are going well and Staines looked good before injury. If Fa'agutu and Feledy can bridge the gap with one or two others you can see a team is building.

WTs did well with the Dolphins entering the NRL to assemble a squad with Pole, Tupou, Utoikamanu, Bula plus experienced players Koroisau, Klemmer, Papali'i' and Bateman. Add to that Twal and Nofoaluma are going well and Staines looked good before injury. If Fa'agutu and Feledy can bridge the gap with one or two others you can see a team is building.
Agreed. It's building nicely. I'm just aware of how much hype there is around Bula from the media and the fan base. If players don't live up to the expectations of fans they quickly become public enemy no 1

No I ment, Belchar, Tedesco, Mullins, Bowen, Hodgeson and others he's uncovered.

Give Tim credit where due - but he did no identify or even sign Belcher!

He also didn't identify Hodgo obviously - but he did bring him home!

One of the best you didn't mention was Ken Nagas - who was a better fullback than he was a winger - but played second fiddle to Mullins!

Give Tim credit where due - but he did no identify or even sign Belcher!

He also didn't identify Hodgo obviously - but he did bring him home!

One of the best you didn't mention was Ken Nagas - who was a better fullback than he was a winger - but played second fiddle to Mullins!
Belcher u may be right about, but Hodgeson was all Sheens. He was playing at halfback for Wests at times. When we signed him at Parra he was in reserve grade. Sheens got the best out of him.

Belcher u may be right about, but Hodgeson was all Sheens. He was playing at halfback for Wests at times. When we signed him at Parra he was in reserve grade. Sheens got the best out of him.
Mate - with all due respect - you have no clue!!

He played fullback for NSW Origin in 2002 after playing in the losing Grand Final for Parramatta at Fullback in 2001!!!

While he played wing in his debut year 1997 - Hodgo started for Wests in RD.1 1998 at Fullback - going on to play most of 1998 & 1999 at Fullback for a crap Wests side before moving to Parra!!

In 2003 (his last year at Parra) he played Fullback all year until he got injured in July (with Ash Graham filling in at #1)!

The bloke in reserve grade at Parra was Pat Richards!!

Sheens brought Hodgo home as an established top class former-Origin fullback - don't try to re-write history and do some research if you don't actually remember!!

As you can see below - he only played 12 games in the halves in his entire career - which was in those early years at Wests when Tommy was shuffling the deckchairs in one of the worst squads to be assembled in the NRL era!

1685100335541.png

Last edited:
As for Belcher - maybe the fact that he was already reigning DALLY M Fullback of the year in 1987 - Qld Origin Fullback and Australian rep since 1986 when he first joined Canberra under Don Furner - before Tim moved to the Raiders in 1988 may give it away....

Fair dinkum - do some book reading lad!!

We all watch footy at different era's. I have the same memory as liltiger

We all watch footy at different era's. I have the same memory as liltiger
It's called not having an actual memory - or having a false memory!!

If you were too young to remember the time - don't act like you do and try to correct people who've been following the game for many more years is my suggestion!

Too many people conflate recollections of being told something by someone once - with actually remembering that event and knowing what happened!

In 2003 Hodgeson was dropped to reserve grade before his injury. He was in and out of reserve grade with Richards, it was well documented he had a falling out with Smith.

In 2003 Hodgeson was dropped to reserve grade before his injury. He was in and out of reserve grade with Richards, it was well documented he had a falling out with Smith.
And that is how Sheens discovered him..... because the famously cantankerous Brian Smith dropped him for a couple of games the year after he played Origin!

Clutching at straws....

Reactions: 851
Back