Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yep fair enough, not his fault we signed him and he at least played with enthusiasm. However, he had known knee issues which had impacted his play for a couple of years before we got him and we offered him too much.

I didn't really mean to criticise any of them personally, I felt all those did signings tried hard but they were all just well past it or not good in the first place.

And I suppose I'm part of the general football public that hasn't comes to terms with it Tucker? Because I don't agree with you? I've watched a lot of football and I stand by my opinion but I'm quite prepared to admit that it's only my opinion, just like you have yours.
I think it was Wayne Bennett who said a few years ago that there were plenty of hookers that could follow a game plan but not many that could effectively control a game from what they saw in front of them. He named Smith as the master with Cook, Api and Fainu from Manly as capable. A few weeks later, critics were saying Smith was washed up in the lead up to Origin. Game one, I think it was on the first tackle, Smith dummied from dummy half and ran 30 metres straight through the middle of the ruck and Qld were immediately on the front foot. None better.

In light of the sub standard performances from our KOE Cup side over the past 4-6 weeks, surely there are plans to offload some players who are not playing up to standard and recruit a few fringe players who could potentially strengthen us and push for NRL positions, especially in the halves and outside backs.

*please note.
Wests Tigers reserves the right to release any contracted player at any time during the season to assist rival clubs, without any valid reason or explanation.
Wests Tigers will not be held liable for any inconvenience caused to members who purchase said annual membership on the understanding certain players will represent the club for that particular membership season purchased.
Wests Tigers will issue a stock standard farewell statement and no further discussion will be entered into.
U sure ur not really PASCO

I think it was Wayne Bennett who said a few years ago that there were plenty of hookers that could follow a game plan but not many that could effectively control a game from what they saw in front of them. He named Smith as the master with Cook, Api and Fainu from Manly as capable. A few weeks later, critics were saying Smith was washed up in the lead up to Origin. Game one, I think it was on the first tackle, Smith dummied from dummy half and ran 30 metres straight through the middle of the ruck and Qld were immediately on the front foot. None better.
Cook isn't anywhere near that class! He has always been a running dummy half who took years to even get his passing up to NRL standard!

Alot like Brandon Smith!

Sorry hit the wrong button , one week on and still no explanation as to why joffa was let go , Or one leak about us getting any other players. Either we have stopped leaking or there is nothing coming
I thought it was as reported. Parra approached Joffas management, he requested a release. Wests decided his current contract no longer provided value for money after the rapid improvement of Pole, Stefano coming on and Klem and Bateman getting signed. So we approved the request.

Is it just me,but I dont rate Schuster(who is in our sights apparently)...even with the weight loss,he looks and plays like a backrower with a couple of cheap trick passes which teams will become very familiar with..but he definitely isnt a 6..and poor value at $800k
He looks like hes playing for his personal hilite reel rather than his team,and reckon Eafles wld luv to offload him
Id be much more inclined towards Blake Taafe who cant get a gig at Bunnies in his natural role in the halves,and can still get by as a fullback

It's an insult to Madge and Potter to lump them in with Taylor. Taylor is close to the worst man managers in the history of sport. There's a reason his South's team punched his face in
yea, I mean the technical skills were "there". People management was awful. I reckon we may have kept the 'big 3' if we had Ivan Cleary or Sheens at the helm then.

Massively over rated. Thinks he’s Benji Marshall but no athleticism. Benji was extremely quick and agile at his peak. I really really hope the club hasn’t just signed Fulton with a view to bring him over. It’s another BJ Leilua sized bungle.

Yeah I don’t get the hype with him he has flashes of brilliance and then a lot of plodding, if this happens it’s because Benji is infatuated with him. I certainly don’t think a Brooks Schuster combo is good either they both lack game management for me it’s one or the other not both.

Is it just me,but I dont rate Schuster(who is in our sights apparently)...even with the weight loss,he looks and plays like a backrower with a couple of cheap trick passes which teams will become very familiar with..but he definitely isnt a 6..and poor value at $800k
He looks like hes playing for his personal hilite reel rather than his team,and reckon Eafles wld luv to offload him
Id be much more inclined towards Blake Taafe who cant get a gig at Bunnies in his natural role in the halves,and can still get by as a fullback
I agree, I think that he thinks all he has to do is kick a bomb or chip kick every now and then, and if someone passes him the ball, he passes it pretty quickly, he does not seem to want to run with the ball, he seems to not take the chance of being tackled.

That is very harsh on Matulino as soon as he knew he could no longer compete at FG he took a medical retirement to help the club (he had integrity).I agree with the rest of what you said

Not to mention that the overall performance of our pack fell off a cliff from the night he walked off the field at Parramatta stadium, and never really recovered until this season.

Mataulino was very good, when fit. Cleary signed smart. Even Packer was a smart signing. The issue was CLEARY LEAVING.

Mataulino's knee was the only thing that stopped him & he medically retired instead of holding on. Packer was ALWAYS Cleary's guy, and once Ivan left, Packer lost his way. Maguire never really clicked with him obviously & the rest is history.

Cleary's signings were not bad. Josh Reynolds, when he was on the field, was very good. What made Reynolds a bad signing? Re-signing Benji. It had to be one or the other, or let Brooks go.

Cleary had a plan. He just bailed once a better one became available.

Taylor wasn't popular, but he had zero funds & a poor squad & a core group of players with a manager that notoriously causes issues. He wasn't exciting, but he can develop & spot talent. He's also responsible for Alex Twal being a Tiger- and got some of the best out of him too.

That is very harsh on Matulino as soon as he knew he could no longer compete at FG he took a medical retirement to help the club (he had integrity).I agree with the rest of what you said
Wish Brooks had the same integrity and buggered off 5 years ago when he and the entire world knew he couldn't compete at FG. We know what he's integrity over the well being of the Tigers looks like though $$$$. Great character.

Members online

Back