Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@Geo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087003) said:
Tigers sign Brenko Lee

I threw up a little reading this

Rothfield replying about Xerri wanting out..

https://twitter.com/BuzzRothfield/status/1201739202515202049?s=19
My thoughts are this ... he's got to stop his dad ringing the Roosters and offering him for next year

@MtWarrigalTiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1085871) said:
Tigers need to sign size.Brooks Benji Momo Mybe Talau nofo Thompson would be smallest backline in nrl history.Throw in forwards like Chee Kam Lawrence Elijah Taylor and there isn’t many players who can break the line.Madge is struggling to attract players as well ,he was renowned for big forwards and a power game at Souths. Most worrying is the likes of Milford and Moylan being linked to tigers more smaller players.Tigers won’t challenge the top teams or make the 8 unless we recruit bigger players

WELCOME MtWarrigalTiger :+1: :fa-smile-o: :santa:

@Curaeus said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086869) said:
$900k a year for Moylan? No wonder they're not too distressed about him (maybe) moving on. You'd reckon we'd want a fair chunk of that kicked in by Cronulla to even think of taking this bloke on.

Surely he's not on 900k.

@TIGER said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087024) said:
$900k a year for Moylan? No wonder they're not too distressed about him (maybe) moving on. You'd reckon we'd want a fair chunk of that kicked in by Cronulla to even think of taking this bloke on.

Surely he's not on 900k.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/cronulla-sharks-on-the-verge-of-signing-matt-moylan-in-panthers-swap-for-james-maloney-20171003-gytayl.html

@NT_Tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086919) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086915) said:
@bptiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086911) said:
so here we are talking about backs only, I still believe we need a senior prop and a very good backrower, because if u don't win the battle up front it really doesn't matter what u got out the back.

Leilua and Garner are a pretty good backrow. And with Musgrove and Stefano signing I don't think we're looking too bad in the middle either.

Nicely understated. And if Packer fires this season we will have a great pack.

Packer couldn't fire if he was a jiffy in a room full of arsonists.

@TIGER said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087027) said:
so here we are talking about backs only, I still believe we need a senior prop and a very good backrower, because if u don't win the battle up front it really doesn't matter what u got out the back.

Leilua and Garner are a pretty good backrow. And with Musgrove and Stefano signing I don't think we're looking too bad in the middle either.

Negative Nelly here......

Come on mate...have a bit of faith in the bloke

Disagree. Very good player when fit. Hope he has a cracking year’s

@TheDaBoss said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087028) said:

I think Packer is finished as an NRL quality player.
If you think that's negative I can't help that, I'm just giving my honest opinion based on my observation of him, I think the game has passed him by.

@WT2K said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087026) said:
@TIGER said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087024) said:

Surely he's not on 900k.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/cronulla-sharks-on-the-verge-of-signing-matt-moylan-in-panthers-swap-for-james-maloney-20171003-gytayl.html

Cronulla have rocks in their melons

@TheDaBoss said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087028) said:

I don't need faith, I have evidence.

I've seen him play and I think he's past it.
Speed of the play the ball too much for him.
No impact with his carries, very little metres.

He's a tackling machine ala Taylor, in this day and age you need to have a attacking game as well. Both have ZERO with the ball in hand

@allslack said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086286) said:
First time poster, long time lurker

Why haven’t we gone for someone like Nat Butcher? Great work rate and could fill our 13 jersey nicely. Yet to re-sign and could come at a decent price (similar to Matterson). I think he ticks all the boxes?
[/QUOTE]

@tigerballs said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086414) said:
This is my first post but I’m a mid term follower.
Personally, I’m not too concerned about 2020, 2021 will be the year of the Tiger and I think Madges focus is on that. With that in mind, I think we should be all out for Zac Lomax. Potentially he’s top class, can play fullback and is, from all reports, an upright citizen. I’d also attempt to poach Sam Verrills from the Roosters rather than waste the money on Lattrell. Get them both for 2021. Good hooker, good fullback, plenty of forwards, Tommy Talau, Momo, some excellent development prospects....
[/QUOTE]

@Newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087000) said:
@ElleryHanley said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086883) said:
@TheDaBoss said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086859) said:
Jai Arrow is basically a done deal with Souffs according to the Mole

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/jai-arrow-south-sydney-rabbitohs-latrell-mitchell-kangaroos/d3f91933-375d-4a59-81f7-5e5899e7fe83

“I’ve spoken to Justin [Holbrook] about it, what better place to live than the Gold Coast?” he said.

“Play footy up here professionally and win games and potentially win a comp.

“That’s my goal, I’ve spoken about that – I want to win a comp and what better way to do it than in my hometown?

“Imagine the party the Gold Coast would throw if we won a comp.

“If we can get the right people, which I think we do. On paper we have a strong a side as anyone in the comp.”

**VERY weird quotes from Arrow then if he has agreed to move to Souths...**

Seems very confident of winning a comp with the Titans.

I made a comment a few weeks ago that he was a bit flaky-most replies wouldn't have it.

@2005magic said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086892) said:
I get the feeling we will get Lomax and Saints will release him for 2020 season. That will probably mean from other discussions Lomax could well be WT fullback this season.
>
>

And you are basing this on ... ?

I’m with Yeti,,, talk around Wollongong is Mary is on borrowed time.Lets be honest the roster he has assembled after fair few years with them is pretty ordinary

@MtWarrigalTiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087062) said:
I’m with Yeti,,, talk around Wollongong is Mary is on borrowed time.Lets be honest the roster he has assembled after fair few years with them is pretty ordinary

Their 2018 and 2019 rosters were very good. A number of Origin players and internationals. The guy is just a terrible coach.

@Kazoo-Kid said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087067) said:
@MtWarrigalTiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087062) said:

Their 2018 and 2019 rosters were very good. A number of Origin players and internationals. The guy is just a terrible coach.

Totally agree. Great players don't always make great coaches unfortunately.

Buzz reckons NRL are set to approve a 10 year Burgess payout for Souths in adminastration role "The NRL is expected to approve his medical retirement by the end of the week. Outside of the new job at Souths, Burgess also recently signed a new commentary deal at Fox Sports". They're saying the end of the week now? It seems like they've fast-tracked it all if Buzz is on the money here. It would be crazy if it got approved so quickly after Greenberg said in the new year. Wouldn't be surprised if the timing was by design

@Ponyo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087084) said:
Buzz reckons NRL are set to approve a 10 year Burgess payout for Souths in adminastration role "The NRL is expected to approve his medical retirement by the end of the week. Outside of the new job at Souths, Burgess also recently signed a new commentary deal at Fox Sports". They're saying the end of the week now? It seems like they've fast-tracked it all if Buzz is on the money here. It would be crazy if it got approved so quickly after Greenberg said in the new year. Wouldn't be surprised if the timing was by design

Meanwhile WT are again $340k down in their cap allowance for a second season, despite paying out all monies to Farah for 2017.

Back