Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

No I fkn hate losing. But I also hate shit low life people who think they can threaten to kill people in their own homes. I know how home invasions go down and it is terrifying for the victims I have literally seen a man piss himself. Also lodge stalked two women up the street telling them he was going to kill them. He should not even be allowed to play at any level. But greenturd was piss week. And he is not even that good. You reckon an average prop is out savour do you? Anyway still a no to Lodge for me, and my thoughts on this will not change no matter how desperate the rest of you get. I have had worst times than this I used to go for the magpies in the 80’s so this is nothing.
Go the Tigpies!!!
For Life but not for a life.
Look
Lodge shouldn't be playing NRL.
That being said he is playing.
America, the wonderful country of the Lawyer. Hey why send a sportsman to jail when you can hit him up for money. Heck Third world country, same things happen. Dirt poor, sees money So they sue for compensation instead of Prosecute for Jail time.
(my weird theory is Lodge was on something. Cocane? mushrooms, Enhancers?? I suspect that made him do what he did. No excuse).

Lodge is playing NRL. Maybe he shouldn't be. His "time" in this case is a large chunk of his NRL pay packet. I am ok with him playing for us since he is in the NRL.

Reactions: BZN
You got Newcastle and Bulldogs quietly trying to get Hastings.
Clinton Zammit at Newcastle who recruits very tight with Hastings and been telling people it's their major target.

It's going to be hard to pursuade him to stay

Clinton Zammit at Newcastle who recruits very tight with Hastings and been telling people it's their major target.

If Madge was still here,I reckon he would stay a WTs player,probably would take an extension...Now I think he will be open to other options,shame if we lose him....

I th

I thought that was interesting, to have knocked back the option already sounds to me like he will be trying to get out of next year also. My guess is we have got Ciraldo, hence the rejection from Burton and the link with Staines
This would be nice.

We will need to pay overs but that manly back rower i think ola--- and souths kolam---- just get them both. If both of them + papa and kori + ofa + uts + our young and up comers, I see a GF. The backs will all fire behind that pack. Sorry about not being able to spell but i think you all know what i mean.

He's a family man...
Almost always posting on IG with his mother and sisters.

I honestly think he likes being closer to home.
Tigers HQ is a low closer than Newcastle.

He has options though, no doubt.

He's a family man...
Almost always posting on IG with his mother and sisters.

I honestly think he likes being closer to home.
Tigers HQ is a low closer than Newcastle.

He has options though, no doubt.
Good point, though Newcastle would offer a very similar lifestyle as the South Coast.
Jacko didn't show much loyalty to Salford when Wigan came knocking, I can't see him staying here if he fields better offers. He wants to be a winner.

Good point, though Newcastle would offer a very similar lifestyle as the South Coast.
Jacko didn't show much loyalty to Salford when Wigan came knocking, I can't see him staying here if he fields better offers. He wants to be a winner.
Can't blame him....

I know he's a big fan of AD and believes in what they can do together.

Club would probably stuff it up somehow.

Look
Lodge shouldn't be playing NRL.
That being said he is playing.
America, the wonderful country of the Lawyer. Hey why send a sportsman to jail when you can hit him up for money. Heck Third world country, same things happen. Dirt poor, sees money So they sue for compensation instead of Prosecute for Jail time.
(my weird theory is Lodge was on something. Cocane? mushrooms, Enhancers?? I suspect that made him do what he did. No excuse).

Lodge is playing NRL. Maybe he shouldn't be. His "time" in this case is a large chunk of his NRL pay packet. I am ok with him playing for us since he is in the NRL.
Look
It’s still a no to Lodge for me.
Ya weird theory would not surprise but it’s still bs. I taken all of those and multiples of each at the same time I knew exactly what I was doing when I was doing terrible things while hi. Absolutely a cop out. We can do better.

He's one to keep .. Brandon Tumeth .. his physique reminds of Paul Gallen .. he seems to have the motor like Gallen as well .. he also ran great lines last night .. and tackled non stop for 80 mins. Tumeth was playing right centre by the end of the game as the young Bulldogs centre (Paul Alamoti) suffered a fractured eye socket.

Justin Matamua played strong as well at prop .. for a big unit he's got some great balls skills .. !! He often hit the ball up and passed a nice offload at the line.

Both players ran for over 100m on the night. Two players to watch in the coming seasons.
That would be a change for us - a forward that runs over 100 metres in a game!

If you swap Liam Martin and Luke Garner, Garner is probably playing origin instead of Martin.

Neither are world beaters, but Martin has had the luxury of playing with the likes of Cleary and Luai while Garner has spent his entire career in first grade tethered to Brooks. Arguably the best situation in the league vs. worst situation. Boggles the mind that Martin wasn't dropped for origin 2 (or even picked in the first place) but just serves as evidence that a player's abilities, or perhaps even just the perception of their abilities, are so greatly influenced by where they play and who they play with.

He's also been coached extremely poorly. He's a centre/second-rower hybrid who runs good lines and had the pace to get on the outside of his defender and help create overlaps. He looked quite good as a line runner for when playing outside Benji, then ineffective with Brooks. Though you probably couldn't find a bigger disparity between one of the best ball-playing halves the game has ever seen in Benj and Brooks, who's a miserable ball player (probably being generous).

Rather than attributing Garner's lack of effectiveness to who he's playing with, Madge decided that Garner's problem was he was too small. So what happens? You ruin a player's strength, turn him into something he's not and surprise surprise, he struggles. Article below for reference:

Garner's come back this season looking like he was pre-2020 and no surprise he played pretty well when filling in at centre and has looked the best he has for a couple seasons.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a good run at Penrith at all. By no means is he a great or complete player, but he's good some useful attributes and a coach and system that will get the best out of him. Plus they've managed to sign him at a time where his value is at it's absolute lowest. Meanwhile some team like us/Newcastle/St George will sign Liam Martin for 2-3x what Garner is on, and be stuck with a marginal improvement but a huge hit to the cap.

A lot depends on what coach we get as the new coach might not want him

Matamua is on a development contract next year and joins the 30 in 24, Tumeth is already on a development contract for this year and still have 3 spots to fill our 30 this year. I reckon Tumeth will get one of them
This is a ridiculous decision. He will be unable to play until round 11 next year, while we will have a waratahs reserve who is not ready for KOE cup taking up a top 30 spot. We are a rabble

Back