Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The NRL say the salary cap was brought in to make it an even playing field but its nowhere near it and they don't give a shit.. Integrity ... WHAT Integrity..

Roosters next year

Collins - QLD SOO Player
Angus Crichton - SOO player
Luke Keary - SOO player
Manu - NZ Rep
Radley - SOO and Eng Rep
Brendan Smith = NZ Rep
J Suaalii - SOO Reserve
Teddy - SOO and AUS
Daniel Tupou - SOO Player
JWH - NZ Rep
S Tupouniua - NZ Rep player
Sam Walker - Future SOO player

Some others that of course will be there :
Lodge - SOO Player
Nat Butcher

Of course they are losing these top ended players that would had to of been on 1.4mil each to accommodate the 13 rep players left:
Verrills
Naiqama
Tuakaiaho

Dead set there is like 13 rep players there and of course they are under the cap..
There is no way in hell these guys are not getting looked after on the side through TPA and special golf games etc...

If the NRL are serious they need to bring in a points system or take away the TPA or at least cap them.

He we are with all this money and cannot attract 1 of these guys because they are happy to stay where they are for 400k less.. Please ....

Their's my rant and it's now off my chest .... (Disclaimer - I know we need to get our own back yard fixed first but it hard when this shit happens)
Maybe what we need is our own Uncle Nick, anyone who has been in the car game as long as him would know all sorts of tricks !

Potentially an announcement coming today that a player is coming to Sydney. It was a bit vague but a player coming to a Sydney club will tell his teammates after the game today. Not sure which game they were talking about. Not sure which radio station it was sorry, it was on in the chipper and I only caught the end of the story when I heard the Tigers as the possible place they were ending up.
Aaron woods I reckon

The NRL say the salary cap was brought in to make it an even playing field but its nowhere near it and they don't give a shit.. Integrity ... WHAT Integrity..

Roosters next year

Collins - QLD SOO Player
Angus Crichton - SOO player
Luke Keary - SOO player
Manu - NZ Rep
Radley - SOO and Eng Rep
Brendan Smith = NZ Rep
J Suaalii - SOO Reserve
Teddy - SOO and AUS
Daniel Tupou - SOO Player
JWH - NZ Rep
S Tupouniua - NZ Rep player
Sam Walker - Future SOO player

Some others that of course will be there :
Lodge - SOO Player
Nat Butcher

Of course they are losing these top ended players that would had to of been on 1.4mil each to accommodate the 13 rep players left:
Verrills
Naiqama
Tuakaiaho

Dead set there is like 13 rep players there and of course they are under the cap..
There is no way in hell these guys are not getting looked after on the side through TPA and special golf games etc...

If the NRL are serious they need to bring in a points system or take away the TPA or at least cap them.

He we are with all this money and cannot attract 1 of these guys because they are happy to stay where they are for 400k less.. Please ....

Their's my rant and it's now off my chest .... (Disclaimer - I know we need to get our own back yard fixed first but it hard when this shit happens)
FIND ANY OTHER CLUB WITH A ROSTER LIKE EAST, YOU WONT, THERE IS A LOT OF WEALTHY GOLF PLAYERS ON THE EASTERN PENINSULAR, YEAH RIGHT, NICK IS LIKE SANTA, MORE MONEY COMING NEXT YEAR BOY'S.

FIND ANY OTHER CLUB WITH A ROSTER LIKE EAST, YOU WONT, THERE IS A LOT OF WEALTHY GOLF PLAYERS ON THE EASTERN PENINSULAR, YEAH RIGHT, NICK IS LIKE SANTA, MORE MONEY COMING NEXT YEAR BOY'S.
correct and even ex-players laugh about it. Watch Fletcher on Fox Sport as he always jokes about it. NRL is in Nick's pocket also

Maybe what we need is our own Uncle Nick, anyone who has been in the car game as long as him would know all sorts of tricks !
We have Dirty Harry who’s claim to fame was handing out petty cash bonuses to Blocker and the boys in the Leichhardt dressing after a win - chalk & cheese

I think Sheens now has a good grasp on what contract offer we should be putting to our players coming off contract from both on-field performances & impact off-the-field.

I would expect no current player (or should I say their manager) will hold us to ransom with what we have dished up this season so ...

-No problem with extending Joffa's contract another season (to end of 24) at the same value (but no more). Take it or leave it.
-I'd offer Doeuhi another 2 years + MO (after 2023) at only slightly more than he is currently on.
-Hastings I'd offer a bit more than Doeuhi for same period. Plus extend Laurie at around $450k.
-Now to much of your dismay, I'd offer Brooks a 1-year extension to take him through until end of 2024 (final year a bit below Hastings) & get Sheens to really work on the Laurie / Korisau / Hastings / Brooks / Doeuhi combination.
-All while the next spine is being secured & progressed!

Goodbye Noffa, Roberts, Madden, Garner, Tualagi, Musgrove, Tamou, Liddle, Peachey, Gildart, Simpkin, Simpkins.

Hello players that fill deficiencies in our lineup - big/strong/aggressive middle forward; another powerful & strong defensive backrower; speed out wide! Players with passion who can lead a defensive line and ballplay.

Here is something to ponder, in the last 10yrs or more does anyone recollect any east player that east want to keep being taken from them by another club

Crighton example,
east have resigned him with no offers being made by other clubs to obtain him, at least I think. And all the superstars they have, when there contracts are due for renewal they dont go to market, they just resign with east, but myself, I would want to check out my value on the market before signing with anybody, does anyone else see it this way, or is it just my imagination.

Reactions: 851

Members online

Back