Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Seriously what a loaded up scenario.....Welsby isn't that player in the NRL, if he was he would be the only one in the NRL that is that player for that scenario.....

Welsby has talent but be real he isn't the world beater you make him out to be.
I watched that game. The only player to stand out for me was the ex nrl player Martin. Man of the match by a mile.

Reactions: Hmm
This is purely speculation and drawing a low bow but I hope this news from Buzz's recent Saint, Sinner, Shoosh column is because we've sounded him out & he wants to come play under his idol Benji.

If he does want out of the Broncos, we should be seeing if we can work out a mutual deal as this kid is set to become a generational talent and something we are missing even in the pathways.

----

The Broncos just can’t avoid a crisis. Last week it was Ben Ikin and Kevvie Walters. This week it’s arguably rugby league’s best teenager, Karl Oloapu.

The 17-year-old five-eighth was player of the tournament at the Australian Schoolboys. He has plenty of size and could finish up as a lock-forward. He just doesn’t want to be at the Broncos. Oloapu has a three-year contract with the Broncos that was done under his previous agent. Now the rookie wants out.

His minders say he didn’t fully understand the contract. His new agent, Matt Adamson, says the youngster is so determined to leave that he is prepared to sit out of football for a substantial period.
Qld have a great nursery of RL talent. The Bulldogs and Souths have signed a few of the Qld schoolboys.
We have managed to sign a middle by the name of Chris Faagutu. But mostly this pathway of talent is headed for the 4 Qld teams and Storm.

I watched that game. The only player to stand out for me was the ex nrl player Martin. Man of the match by a mile.
Martin was always a try scoring machine in Nrl and he’s gone to a new level in super league, I wouldn’t be against tigers throwing 300k at him, just give us that extra strike. Doubt he’d come back for that though, he’d be on like 500k, he’s been killing it there for awhile.

Jimmy Gnutlik didn't have an overly inspiring game last night for PNG, however he looks massive.

Would like the club to put some time into him. Get him playing NSW Cup & around the first grade boys.

Looks very imposing, physically.
Raw talent. I think he could really become something with the investment.

Aye @Kaito

How did Laurie go i saw bits and pieces here and there thought i saw him playing on the wing at one stage and Averillo was playing FB.
Also Simpkin i didnt see him at all when i was watching.

Jimmy Gnutlik didn't have an overly inspiring game last night for PNG, however he looks massive.

Would like the club to put some time into him. Get him playing NSW Cup & around the first grade boys.

Looks very imposing, physically.
Raw talent. I think he could really become something with the investment.

Aye @Kaito
The man literally got a try and nearly got another, not only that.. he was in the game as much as Gebbie.

What else does he need to do against a stacked team as a winger?

Anyone currently on our roster would tank it..

This is purely speculation and drawing a low bow but I hope this news from Buzz's recent Saint, Sinner, Shoosh column is because we've sounded him out & he wants to come play under his idol Benji.

If he does want out of the Broncos, we should be seeing if we can work out a mutual deal as this kid is set to become a generational talent and something we are missing even in the pathways.

----

The Broncos just can’t avoid a crisis. Last week it was Ben Ikin and Kevvie Walters. This week it’s arguably rugby league’s best teenager, Karl Oloapu.

The 17-year-old five-eighth was player of the tournament at the Australian Schoolboys. He has plenty of size and could finish up as a lock-forward. He just doesn’t want to be at the Broncos. Oloapu has a three-year contract with the Broncos that was done under his previous agent. Now the rookie wants out.

His minders say he didn’t fully understand the contract. His new agent, Matt Adamson, says the youngster is so determined to leave that he is prepared to sit out of football for a substantial period.
Are you guessing his idol is Benji or has he come out and said that?

100% on Naden - can’t understand why he’s not getting a go at centre. Does need to smarten up a bit and get some of the dumb errors out of his game though.
On Talau - who knows what he comes back like. Could end up a great 14 able to play as an edge player or outside back. I see him or possibly Rua filling the 14, especially if we lose Nu.
Cant say i love Best - seems to have lost all his form ( and playing attitude) this season, although has had a lot of injury issues I suppose.
That's the thing about Naden - he made lots of fundamental errors while on the wing.

I swear the guy spends half the game wondering what the hell that white line next to him is!

Sounds like we have to wait until 1 November 2023 for any signing news however in the meantime we let players move on to other clubs.

One way traffic.

From a News Corp article in May:

New Zealand born but a long time resident of Redcliffe, Oloapu grew up admiring Benji Marshall which is ironic given his light stepping deeds.
Other key words in that statement are "long time resident of Redcliffe". My guess is Dolphins have come in with a stronger offer with a better chance of game time in the next 2 to 3 years and $$$.

----

He’s going to Redcliffe if the Broncos release him.

That's the thing about Naden - he made lots of fundamental errors while on the wing.

I swear the guy spends half the game wondering what the hell that white line next to him is!

He has always been very error prone.
The Bulldogs couldn't wait to get rid of him because his errors are costly.

He has some nip in his runs though but he is 27 in December, he doesn't have much if any improvement in him left. Very strange as to why we extended him for another 3yrs.

Back