Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He was the halfback bat off boy.
He steered the team along with Farah. Marshal was the window dressing.
As for your last sentence…we are all well aware of that, watching Brooks punce about for 9 years. Liu played the role of halfback more than Luke ever has.
We missed Liu massively in 2012 his 2010/2011 season great Sheen's had big wraps on him I can not remember correctly the quote from Sheen's but said Liu had the best slight of hand and delaying his passes and was the best he had ever seen

Liu was the perfect foil for Robbie and Benji and the back half of 2011 was coming into his own he took pressure off them and was a real attacking threat

But none of them could control a team like a traditional halfback but I think Lui became a controlling halfback in the UK from some games I have seen but there was no way Lui would be allowed to control the team with Robbie and Benji there

It's a shame he was such a weak person and to do what he did not once but twice

What about when Hastings was out suspended...

Brooks needed to step up and just failed as usual.
Pretty sure that was on Madden, it was "his team" as he was playing first receiver.

When we lose today it will because of the number of injuries, changing the halves is not going to fix that.

Brian Kelly got dropped and seems out of favour at the Titans

I remember Madge showing major interest in him

Kids so much better than what he’s doing at the titans, but hell David Fifita can’t even look that good at the titans too

Kelly has a lot of potential and will cover a centre position…. love to see it happen
Yeah he goes well. Genuine centre as well.

Brian Kelly got dropped and seems out of favour at the Titans

I remember Madge showing major interest in him

Kids so much better than what he’s doing at the titans, but hell David Fifita can’t even look that good at the titans too

Kelly has a lot of potential and will cover a centre position…. love to see it happen
Him and Billy Smith would make a great centre pairing.

Brian Kelly got dropped because he defends like gildart and pauga terrible
Titans inside are pretty ordinary defenders as well.

Not saying that I want him but he is an upgrade on Gildart which isn't saying in much.

We're are all the defensive centres these days?

not much decent news of late , would love to hear from the Pom who is pretty handy on info , we must have something in the pipe line as we are loosing plenty with only 2 confirmed to be heading to us Juniors are not ready yet probably 1 to 2 years off for some , we need to add players soon
He might be too busy reading all the sh#t been written over the last 30 pages to have time. :LOL:

He is the way we play coz Hastings touches the ball more than any other half in the comp since he moved because he's doing all Brook's work
Please remind us what Brook's work is.

Did you know there is more than one type of 6 and 7? The role they play is determined by the coach, not the number on their back.

So after reading about our 2011 halves combinations and poor old Brooks...again! in a signings thread, it seems that we are still in the race for Joe Tapine and Angus Crighton. Have I got this right? Please do not respond to this of you are going to enter the words, Lui, Farah, Marshall, Brooks, Douihei

Please remind us what Brook's work is.

Did you know there is more than one type of 6 and 7? The role they play is determined by the coach, not the number on their back.
Don’t be speaking sense on here. The daily telegraph told people it’s the halfbacks job to win the game. And the five eighth is second fiddle. And you can win in the NRL without rep stars 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edit: @club, sign a rep star or two so we can stop talking about the #6

So after reading about our 2011 halves combinations and poor old Brooks...again! in a signings thread, it seems that we are still in the race for Joe Tapine and Angus Crighton. Have I got this right? Please do not respond to this of you are going to enter the words, Lui, Farah, Marshall, Brooks, Douihei
Apparently mate that's what I understand from reading... Lee seems to be in the know and updates quite often so fingers crossed

Members online

Back