Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

So, not that IGAF about the dogs . . . . but releasing all these players, and having the kennel laugh about it . . . who da F are they gonna sign to replace them ?
Dolphins are nearing desperation in terms of signing some big names. The lure of Bennett, the new glamour boy club and a life in sunshine probably outweighs Fredd Nurks as coach, a wooden spoon rabble of a broken club, and the lure of Belmore and Lakemba's attractions.
Good luck doggies bro.
Woof woof motherXXXXXX.

They can laugh all they like - they’re paying 30% of his wage…
And he’s just the first - and one of the least paid….

Shits about to get real for them.

I would taken him over Naden.
Take the player you can get, at the good price you can sign.

Braidon Burns would probably command a fair amount of money to come here, Can't see him signing for less then 250k with us. Naden knows half the team and people are saying he signed for 200k till 2023.

Looking at the stats, Braidon has an 85% tackle efficiency vs Naden's 77%... but Braidon has only made average 70m per game while Naden has made 100m.

While Naden has only scored 1 try this year and Braidon has scored 2. Naden has scored 66% of the time he played at Penrith with a swag of tries. Braidon scores about twice a year about 25% of the time. I expect Naden to score a lot more tries this year then Braidon.

I get now why this is a very good signing.

Hertherington I think would be an interesting prospect on an edge, he's fast and tough, give him time to work on his line running and get him to practice those suicide lines like Ellis and Lawrence use to run. He's got speed and cardio for a prop, not sure what his lateral defence is like and he would need to learn to control aggression, bit moving out of the middle might help him channel some aggression. I wouldn't pay him much, but we might be able to get him cheap, just a thought
The most suspended guy in nrl

the dogs situation could be great for other clubs if they are doing a mass clean out , there are players you can get cheap I would think with dogs kicking in some funds if still under contract and these guys had a crap coach. Let’s face it Barrett was not very good at manly or dogs , Madge may well be the key to Naden and maybe another . Vaughan they say $ 100 k in super league well $ 200 k he may stay hear , that’s a cheap back up prop , Hetherington again part paid by dogs Madge could get him right , he is a top shelf player if the crap gets taken out of his game , again could be cheap he plays tough , Burton also could be a good pick up for any club , could be a good fullback or centre option , he may have a sneaky get out with Barrett gone ,

I guess LEE’s Fedora was right about plenty of movement after Magic Round

the dogs situation could be great for other clubs if they are doing a mass clean out , there are players you can get cheap I would think with dogs kicking in some funds if still under contract and these guys had a crap coach. Let’s face it Barrett was not very good at manly or dogs , Madge may well be the key to Naden and maybe another . Vaughan they say $ 100 k in super league well $ 200 k he may stay hear , that’s a cheap back up prop , Hetherington again part paid by dogs Madge could get him right , he is a top shelf player if the crap gets taken out of his game , again could be cheap he plays tough , Burton also could be a good pick up for any club , could be a good fullback or centre option , he may have a sneaky get out with Barrett gone ,
I wouldn't believe the Vaughan story. Sounded like journos having a tantrum because Vaughan had said something mean about them. As if an NRL team wouldn't offer him $200k. He's better than a fringe first-grader and that's what they earn.

Guilty- I really appreciate Alex Seyfarth. He does his job with great effect and never gives up or stops.

Not every player has to be or can be Origin grade.
I love his effort but he's a pretty poor backrower. His skill set suits playing as interchange prop but he's not got the size for it, nor the dynamism of a Rueben Cotter to make it work

Jeez not even bothered with Naden either way. Keen to hear how our offer to Crichton goes. It would make everyone actually think we can make the finals next year.

They can laugh all they like - they’re paying 30% of his wage…
And he’s just the first - and one of the least paid….

Shits about to get real for them.
Dogs fans really living it up as if all getting rid of Brent Naden is the same thing as a complete roster overhaul. Fellas, if he's the guy who's out the door on day one, no fuss, it suggests he's probably not the worst contract on your books.

With the Naden signing, I can only conclude that Matthew Komolafe (Eels NSW Cup winger) is now off our radar & Kade Dykes is for 2023 onwards (hopefully).

I think ultimately Naden & Talau will be our backup outside backs with Kepaoa & T'oa going on to secure our Centre positions. And hopefully Scolari on a development contract next season as a future wing replacement.

I'm on the fence about Jack Hetherington. Bulldogs would need to subsidise a large chunk and he comes with a lot of baggage & we'd be hoping Maguire/Sheens can turn him into a disciplined beast that refs don't even notice??? I think we are more in need of another forward leader if Tamou does retire. Depending on if our Joseph Tapine dream comes true soon, that may be Luke Thompson rather than JH.

Back