Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Not disputing the disadvantage. The good teams overcome bad calls. We aren’t a good team.

Sorry Baga, the evidence suggest otherwise. For a considerable time, we have recived about 10 % of the so called 50/50 calls. It got a bit better for all lower teams when Payten & Holbrook publicly called out the refs. In tight games just one bogus called can decide a match. Good teams do overcome bad calls, by Nick Politus paying Trent Robinsons fines after Roosters only got 90% of the 50 /50 calls instead of the 100%. And what happened in following weeks since ? All the calls go their way once again. Its easy when the ref gives the Rorters , Melbourne & Penrith "offside" piggy back " penalties out of their end, But the same or even worse "offside"play by them doesnt get you piggback penalties. Another fave of the refs is giving those sides "'6 again" peanlties on tackle 5 , but then give the the lower sides "6 agains on tackle 1. And , when they get near the end of the game & start to realise there will be questions asked about the lopsided penalty count, they give 2 or 3 quick penalties to the lower sides so the ledger looks right after they have already cost you the game. I could half believe that some could be on field human error, but when the bunker looks at certain try 50 times to find something wrong , yet doesnt even replay the tops sides tries before awarding them , that is nothing but BS bias.

Sorry Baga, the evidence suggest otherwise. For a considerable time, we have recived about 10 % of the so called 50/50 calls. It got a bit better for all lower teams when Payten & Holbrook publicly called out the refs. In tight games just one bogus called can decide a match. Good teams do overcome bad calls, by Nick Politus paying Trent Robinsons fines after Roosters only got 90% of the 50 /50 calls instead of the 100%. And what happened in following weeks since ? All the calls go their way once again. Its easy when the ref gives the Rorters , Melbourne & Penrith "offside" piggy back " penalties out of their end, But the same or even worse "offside"play by them doesnt get you piggback penalties. Another fave of the refs is giving those sides "'6 again" peanlties on tackle 5 , but then give the the lower sides "6 agains on tackle 1. And , when they get near the end of the game & start to realise there will be questions asked about the lopsided penalty count, they give 2 or 3 quick penalties to the lower sides so the ledger looks right after they have already cost you the game. I could half believe that some could be on field human error, but when the bunker looks at certain try 50 times to find something wrong , yet doesnt even replay the tops sides tries before awarding them , that is nothing but BS bias.
I don’t disagree with you. There is a bias, I think we feel it most in the policing of the ruck. Only way to overcome it is to get better around the ruck and become a better side.

Cowboys gave 700k to Luciano.

Fifita is on 1.2 mill haha.

No 700k for a current rep 2nd row who is both good in attack and defence and will bring leadership and professionalism is a no brainer. If we get him on top of the other two other players will start looking at us as a.destination.
I believe we have already snatched up one of the two current best 2nd rowers in the game, and for unders.
Paps would easily be getting offers of 800k if he waited 6months.
In saying that, Angus has more time in the role and a bit more experience so it’s probably reasonable for his offer to be a bit ‘overs’
Unfortunately in our position it’s not something we can gamble with.
It been proven in many past successful teams that one of the most underrated and dependable positions in a side is the backrowers, to have two very good backrowers either side of your halves is worth the money.

I believe we have already snatched up one of the two current best 2nd rowers in the game, and for unders.
Paps would easily be getting offers of 800k if he waited 6months.
In saying that, Angus has more time in the role and a bit more experience so it’s probably reasonable for his offer to be a bit ‘overs’
Unfortunately in our position it’s not something we can gamble with.
It been proven in many past successful teams that one of the most underrated and dependable positions in a side is the backrowers, to have two very good backrowers either side of your halves is worth the money.
Defense on the edges decides most games. Second rowers are underrated.

I'd love to see Crichton in a WT jersey but wonder why he'd want out of the Roosters. Lots of stars, regular finals football etc. Surely he'd already be on a pretty good wicket money wise.

Unfortunately a significant amount of the bias comes from you / from us as fans. We all see and remember the bad calls against Tigers and start to forget those against other clubs, because we are not emotionally involved.

I am pretty sure there is a provable subconscious bias for home teams, i.e. home teams tend to win the penalty count and win more than 50% of matches. But I think you'd be very hard pressed to prove a bias in either (a) bias towards good vs bad sides, or (b) bias specifically against Wests Tigers.

Even if you analyse penalty counts or scores, it would be as true to say that better teams score more points and force their opponents to concede more penalties, which takes the ref argument out of the equation.

I'd love to see Crichton in a WT jersey but wonder why he'd want out of the Roosters. Lots of stars, regular finals football etc. Surely he'd already be on a pretty good wicket money wise.
Based on the consistent reports the Roosters have no money due to B Smith signing. We have plenty of cash and the Madge relationship is key here.

The challenge for us is it means we commit to Madge if we want him.

Its a no brainer though. Stefano, Api, Musgrove, Papa, Angus and Joe is a quality forward pack.

I still think we are a quality prop & 2 impact forwards short to round us out.

Based on the consistent reports the Roosters have no money due to B Smith signing. We have plenty of cash and the Madge relationship is key here.

Its a no brainer though. Stefano, Api, Musgrove, Papa, Angus and Joe is a quality forward pack.

I actually think Madge will do a fine job with some decent cattle

That makes sense. I'd forgotten about the possible effect on their finances/cap by signing Smith

Sooooo true

Still think their is better candidates.

Similar to Cronulla situation, I think overall we'd do better with woolf.
Woolfe has best team in a weaker comp.

Nrl success relies on defense and effort.

I dont think he will he successful unless its a top.4 club.

Im sticking with Madge for at least 1 more year

Back