Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Of course it is, that's exactly what it is.

So by some mechanism the refs favour the teams you want to win, bias towards those teams you are backing, except when it's Tigers. Only happens in the wrong direction when you want Tigers to win.

It doesn't matter whether it's positive or negative bias towards TEAM X (whatever team), you are providing an anecdotal summary of a subset of games, recalled from memory and without verifiable data, and ignoring all the matches where the criteria you speak of don't exist (where you aren't backing any particular side).

What you are talking about doesn't really exist, but you are seeing things in results because you have an emotional investment in the outcome.
I believe the referees are protecting momentum and are helping the favourites at the start of the game. I have noticed it in most games, mentioning that I also see it when it favours the team I am emotionally invested in indicates, to me at least, that it is not just me only remembering the decisions that go against my team.

Neither of us can prove our point with evidence. It is subjective and every example is different, but straw man arguments and wildly twisting peoples words don't win any internet debates, they just damage your own credibility.

I believe the referees are protecting momentum and are helping the favourites at the start of the game. I have noticed it in most games, mentioning that I also see it when it favours the team I am emotionally invested in indicates, to me at least, that it is not just me only remembering the decisions that go against my team.

Neither of us can prove our point with evidence. It is subjective and every example is different, but straw man arguments and wildly twisting peoples words don't win any internet debates, they just damage your own credibility.
You are the one making the argument dude. You are absolutely correct that what you are saying probably cannot be proven with evidence - hence not much of an argument that you made in the first place.

LIddle looks like he is playing to get another deal elsewhere.. For me his passing is way below standards and he seem to hog the ball at the wrong times. Nu Brown come on and I thought he went very well so moving forward this year I would think Simpkin 9 and Brown 14 and Peachey reserves when the backs are back.
If we don't get Angus C we need to think outside the box as 2FR is a massive issue..

Did I ready earlier something about Nikora not signed with sharks and might be still on ?

LIddle looks like he is playing to get another deal elsewhere.. For me his passing is way below standards and he seem to hog the ball at the wrong times. Nu Brown come on and I thought he went very well so moving forward this year I would think Simpkin 9 and Brown 14 and Peachey reserves when the backs are back.
If we don't get Angus C we need to think outside the box as 2FR is a massive issue..

Did I ready earlier something about Nikora not signed with sharks and might be still on ?
Nikora not coming here we have moved on and pulled the contract full focus on Angus

Madge seems to get his guy eventually. As seen with Naden who was chased late last year....

Maybe we'll get a few other missed players at some point...
Which makes the coaching situation next year interesting.

Putting results aside, there’s a growing chunk of players in the Madge-party…how to vote!

I’m not being surly or ungrateful, but let’s just call a spade a spade, I doubt any of the players are enamoured with Pascoe, Lee or the board. Lee seems especially conceited in public, but he may be ok privately, I don’t know.

Our players play footy for themselves, their families and friends, each other, us filth, their coaches and staff they like.

The board etc, they could be any clubs managements.

Which makes the coaching situation next year interesting.

Putting results aside, there’s a growing chunk of players in the Madge-party…how to vote!

I’m not being surly or ungrateful, but let’s just call a spade a spade, I doubt any of the players are enamoured with Pascoe, Lee or the board. Lee seems especially conceited in public, but he may be ok privately, I don’t know.

Our players play footy for themselves, their families and friends, each other, us filth, their coaches and staff they like.

The board etc, they could be any clubs managements.
I guarantee if you asked all the players who is on the board they wouldn't know.
They would know Pascoe because he's been belted from pillar to post.
All the players care about is doing enough to remain contracted or increasing their worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doesn't know how to pass or when to run.. Full set on their line we should have been up 24-0 b4 halftime he fed 3 short balls in a row In their 10 if I'm not mistaken. 2 to twal, the guy is headless

Lee said he’d step down when he thought he couldn’t make a contribution anymore.

Well if this Is Lees idea of a contribution, I’d hate to find out what his idea of the opposite is.

Nothing personal, but the club has been lurching from one catastrophe after another under his “ contribution” and I think he needs to recognise he’s not up to it and pass the baton.

The Madge Royal Commission was a complete fiasco that amounted to a self inflicted gunshot wound which is still bleeding.

And that’s from both the pro and anti Madge camps. Everyone injured unnecessarily and the good name of our mighty club denigrated and turned the medias [This word has been automatically removed].

We probably need someone with more working knowledge of the game, media skills and a person a bit more savvy. A few life skills.

You don’t need to be a lawyer, business head or bean counter. Just someone with common sense and a bit of vision. That could be a person from any walk of life.

Perhaps some modesty might be appropriate too.

He can stay on the board if he wants, just slink into the background and cough up when asked.

Last edited:
Lee said he’d step down when he thought he couldn’t make a contribution anymore.

Well if this Is Lees idea of a contribution, I’d hate to find out what his idea of the opposite is.

Nothing personal, but the club has been lurching from one catastrophe after another under his “ contribution” and I think he needs to recognise he’s not up to it and pass the baton.

The Madge Royal Commission was a complete fiasco that amounted to a self inflicted gunshot wound which is still bleeding.

And that’s from both the pro and anti Madge camps. Everyone injured unnecessarily and the good name of our mighty club denigrated and turned the medias *****.

We probably need someone with more working knowledge of the game, media skills and a person a bit more savvy. A few life skills.

You don’t need to be a lawyer, business head or bean counter. Just someone with common sense and a bit of vision. That could be a person from any walk of life.

Perhaps some modesty might be appropriate too.

He can stay on the board if he wants, just slink into the background and cough up when asked.
What a load of rubbish.
Man puts his good money into rugby league and sticks.
No abandoning the ship when it’s taking water.
You need to find another target for the clubs situation because our sponsor is not the one.

What a load of rubbish.
You need to find another target for the clubs situation because our sponsor is not the one.
This club is not for sale.

What a load of rubbish.
Most of the water has been flooding in under his watch.

Don’t tell me it’s “ not his job” or that his tenure at the helm has been anything but troubled and ineffective. Especially so far as the table is concerned.

I remember his “Latrell at all costs” campaign, and we haven’t seen a stampede of marquee rushing to the colours.

Player revolt last year, the Melbourne massacre, the doggies disaster, I could go on and on.

He’s simply not up to it.

As for money, the club is not for sale. Might get a lot more money coming in if we find some success. Stands to reason.

He’s a good go at it, but he’s singularly unsuited and needs to move on. End of this season would tie a bow.

Nothing personal, he could be the best bloke in the world but business is business.

He will wave a happy goodbye from his Bentley or Maserati. All good, no hard feelings.

Or If he cared about the club, he’d still cash us up but step down and let someone else have a go. The ultimate sacrifice for anyone with a public ego as big as Lees.

Last edited:
And ps: Nado used to love to party hard…..in the panthers tradition of the skinful.

If we haven’t been successful during the “ban on fun” era, hopefully Madge will let them play the odd game of twister..

That first half v dogs last night, showed the pulse still beats. Only a 96% completion rate!

Last edited:
Back