Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Are there any other halves in the comp who haven’t played semis or rep who are on close to a million a year?

I think we all agree that Brooks can’t manage a game , & never has had that skill , hence the results. However , he is a very good running 5/8 . That is his skill & always has been . Going good now.
I don't disagree with that. My issue has always been he's getting paid way above his output (way above his recent decent games at 5/8). The fact he's statistically a worse defender this year than Hastings and Madden is very worrysome though. The 8 missed tackles against Manly was diabolical

ah Wait... What!
"Madge hires his cronies as assistant coaches which were just terrible. Did the same at souths I'm pretty sure."

Yea like Anthony Siebold, who pushed Souths to 3rd! Yes he collapsed in Brizzie but you can come to conclusions as to why.

Here we get Nathan Cayless

Honestly I dont' think McGuire is nuking us with bad assistants. (maybe he did this to Brizzie :)
Last year's assistants were useless. I honestly think the experience of Siebold knifing him made him gun shy, and this led Madge into employing useless yes men that were never going to be able to get his job in a million years. Club saw through it and sacked said assistants

Westslife pod managed to get chammas on tonight.

They are very pro madge and club and were on the defence most the interview.

Chammas comments were interesting, said the club definitely asking themselves if madge is right for the club or can another coach improve us more.

While I know it's easy to be subjective and bang on about the injuries and how hard the players are trying, but the club are the only ones that know what the deal is and if they can be level headed and objective hopefully they can come up with the right decision.

something is in t

Westslife pod managed to get chammas on tonight.

They are very pro madge and club and were on the defence most the interview.

Chammas comments were interesting, said the club definitely asking themselves if madge is right for the club or can another coach improve us more.

While I know it's easy to be subjective and bang on about the injuries and how hard the players are trying, but the club are the only ones that know what the deal is and if they can be level headed and objective hopefully they can come up with the right decision.

something is in the air, Give it a listen.

If you listen to the way he speaks - The devil is in the detail....
There's a lot of They should, They could, They probably, I think, They'd wonder...
It's utter horseshit.
He admits it's an opinion piece - Then goes on to say his opinion means nothing.

Same as when Brent Read says, Tigers have the bye coming up and Will "probably" have a discussion around the coach then - And maybe decide to go in a different direction.

It's never "They've scheduled a meeting for the bye round" Nothing they say is definitive... Or substantial - It's all pure speculation, Or an opinion on what they think we should do.

They're all out there trying to control the narrative of the game....
All week they're all talking about how poor a run Souths and Storm are having with a couple injuries... We've had them all year and they're only just mentioning it in the last 2 weeks.

They're grubs - Who talk shit - We're easy targets and we sell the stories they peddle.

Last edited:
The Pom mentioned back on Dec 7:
“Jackson Ferris from Cronulla is in discussions to join the club as a depth signing as a 2nd row/centre cover, will be a minimum wage deal if it comes through.”
Have you heard he’s still on our radar?
Just this week heard he was close to or over his injury and we were talking to him. I don't know if he's any good or not.

Interesting with Lodge buying a house in Manly and Taupu not named for Manly this week without any injury mentioned and eumour he met with Gould this week after Mikele leaving us. Perhaps Lodge to Manly, Taupu to Dogs, Thompson to Tigers
That's what I was thinking and Canterbury will save a few $$$$

Interesting with Lodge buying a house in Manly and Taupu not named for Manly this week without any injury mentioned and eumour he met with Gould this week after Mikele leaving us. Perhaps Lodge to Manly, Taupu to Dogs, Thompson to Tigers
Taupau is Cash Crazy....
Dogs will have to pay plenty for him, And Dogs will have to play plenty for Thompson to leave...
Also, Taupau is toward the end of his career - You'd think he'd stick it around at Manly to try win a comp.... He won't get one at the dogs...

The

The critical analysis will continue whilst he earns Marquee money without Marquee performance. He's on money where he should be the lead man, the star of the show. It's taken for someone else to come in on less than half his wage and take his role in the side for Luke Brooks to start playing to NRL standard. He still doesn't provide any value for money. That's everyone's issue. It's not personal. I'd give anything for him to play to his salary. It'd mean the Tigers had a star player winning us games
So Luai, Moylan, Munster, Dearden, Sam Walker, even Harry Grant who have all played halfback but are all preferred at 5/8 or hooker should have to take a pay cut, right?

Kade Dykes moved to the 7 jersey against our KOE Cup Magpies this weekend. After Lachlan Miller's game last week, it appears he is going to be Shark's back up fb (named in that position for Cup).

If the rumour about Dykes looking at us in 2023 is true that has been mentioned on here, it could potentially gain momentum if he sees his best position as fullback.

No I think they are dying to come play for the Tigers 😅
Re Api K and Papalii

Both are just great signings. I think Api was blocked because of his Covid19 stances and Madge took the risk. By the time he comes here though Covid 19 will gradually be a lesser issue (don't infect the team Api, with the Virus or your Viral BS)!

Papalii is in huge demand. Honestly he was part of the reason why Parra went to the top 4. Parra would have kept him if they had the cap room. Both are a great signing but Papalii is the true win. Cowboys would have taken him over Luciano in a heartbeat.

Members online

Back