Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I think we all agree that Brooks can’t manage a game , & never has had that skill , hence the results. However , he is a very good running 5/8 . That is his skill & always has been . Going good now.
I agree that he’s not a good communicator which affects his game management at Wests Tigers. A team that’s had a putrid roster due to our front office.

All this Brooks bashing is rediculous. 1,6,7,9 are critical and opposition sides target these players. Has Brooks reached the heights of the best ?--NO! but he has always been one of our best. With an ordinary pack, lousy fullbacks, ordinary hookers 5/8s and locks, the biggest threat to opposition sides was Brooks, so the attention from the opposition was always on him. Playing with such a lousy side would not give him much confidence. With Hastings coming, its taken a lot of this pressure away, i think he will get better as the side improves and the unfounded attacks diminish.
Obvious to some!

So Luai, Moylan, Munster, Dearden, Sam Walker, even Harry Grant who have all played halfback but are all preferred at 5/8 or hooker should have to take a pay cut, right?
Moylan did take a massive pay cut. Walker and Dearden don't earn half of Brooks and the other are Marquee players providing Marquee performances. Everything I said still stands. Try again

The

The critical analysis will continue whilst he earns Marquee money without Marquee performance. He's on money where he should be the lead man, the star of the show. It's taken for someone else to come in on less than half his wage and take his role in the side for Luke Brooks to start playing to NRL standard. He still doesn't provide any value for money. That's everyone's issue. It's not personal. I'd give anything for him to play to his salary. It'd mean the Tigers had a star player winning us games
Jacko isn’t winning us games any more than bwooksy

Not Brooksy's fault this brain dead club couldn't see it and failed year after year to come up with a halves partner that could run the team and call the shots.

What they did instead was declare each year that it was Luke's team while the poor guy stared into the media cameras looking like a deer in the headlights.

They even brain washed him into declaring it was his team on a few occassions, although it was far from convincing coming from his mouth.

Thank god we managed to get Jackson Hastings so that Luke can be released of all that pressure and just get on with doing what he does best.
1000000000%

It all goes back to the stupidity of the Big 4!
Mitchell Moses has camera infront of him. "Do you love the club"?
"nothing really keeping me here mate?" <or words to that effect>

So club keeps him around in the playing group and boosts idea of Big 3, a spine being built together. Moses was money hungry and out the door, Obviously out the door. Club tries to hang onto him with Teddy and Brooks. Woods joins fray because he doesn't want to leave club and signs with same manager :(

We know the rest of this stupid brainfart and only Issac Moses could believe the Bulldogs would be anywhere close to the cap with these 4 players.
where it concerns Luke Brooks is he HAD to be the NR7. He was the big 4 Nr 7. No one ever thought "hey was this jnr league rep who painted a 7 on Brooks right?"??? I am still amazed that it takes us most of Brooks career to identify that yes he is better at 5/8 playing under a organisational halfback*.

What on Earth!
*Ivan Cleary did get a good performance from Brooks. Yet he still did not play as an organisational halfback.

Jacko isn’t winning us games any more than bwooksy
Like others have said, he has won us more games.

The other thing I really like is whether we're winning or not Hastings is everywhere and doing well. His worst performance so far is not much different from his best and he plays the same way. This is something you can build a team around.

I'm not a Brooks basher, but consistency and decision making for him has always been the big issue. Winning or losing, Hastings is consistent and takes the right options.

Last edited:
Like others have said, he has one us more games.

The other thing I really like is whether we're winning or not Hastings is everywhere and doing well. His worst performance so far is not much different from his best and he plays the same way. This is something you can build a team around.

I'm not a Brooks basher, but consistency and decision making for him has always been the big issue. Winning or losing, Hastings is consistent and takes the right options.
I’ve been happy with Hastings don’t get me wrong. My argument is that we don’t lose because of Brooks, we lose because we’re a bad team.

He's won 3 in 6 as Halfback in 2022. Brooks won 0 form 5

Was playing second receiver with Madden before Hastings came back....
(Had a 7 on his back - So you probably didn't notice)
Even came out and said he'd moved to 6 for a few weeks before Hastings came back....

If he was as watched as closely as he was criticised, Some might actually see his game.

Interesting with Lodge buying a house in Manly and Taupu not named for Manly this week without any injury mentioned and eumour he met with Gould this week after Mikele leaving us. Perhaps Lodge to Manly, Taupu to Dogs, Thompson to Tigers
Its probably about 12 months old but Taupu bought a house in the st george area , so there was a rumour that he was going to go the dragons... but still close to Belmore??

Members online

Back