Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Most quality is locked up long term unfortunately, we were really lucky to get Api and Papali’I for next year, not sure who’s available for 24 but even with cap it’ll be hard to lure them over.
Yeah that’s a fair point but I would rather hold off and see what comes up than sign average players just because they’re available.

There will also be players that become available unexpectedly between now and the end of the year so let’s not rush in.

Yeah that’s a fair point but I would rather hold off and see what comes up than sign average players just because they’re available.

There will also be players that become available unexpectedly between now and the end of the year so let’s not rush in.
We won’t be making any moves until we have a coach for next year anyway, but at this stage we have 3 spots left to fill for 23 so unless we can move on some players before next year starts we don’t have a lot to work with in terms of recruiting.

We won’t be making any moves until we have a coach for next year anyway, but at this stage we have 3 spots left to fill for 23 so unless we can move on some players before next year starts we don’t have a lot to work with in terms of recruiting.
Well it looks like Peachey is on his way out and I’d be surprised if Gildart is still here next year too so that’s another 2 spots.

I still think that with Papalii and Api coming next year if we can add a good prop, second rower and centre we will be very competitive, but they need to be top 13 not reserve grade quality.

Well it looks like Peachey is on his way out and I’d be surprised if Gildart is still here next year too so that’s another 2 spots.

I still think that with Papalii and Api coming next year if we can add a good prop, second rower and centre we will be very competitive, but they need to be top 13 not reserve grade quality.
Have to wait and see, all we can do Peachy could be moved on and Gildart could go back to England, if both happen that does leave 5 spots available I know we’ve been linked to Brown and I would take him, but until we get a coach I don’t think we’ll be making any moves.

I'm not so sure it's an accumulated affect - just a very heavy hit with no give (ground impact).

When they showed it, I think Burton was pissed at the hit (for some reason?) and as they landed his forearm/fend slammed his head into the turf like he was grounding a try.

Not implying he meant to intentionally hurt him, but his head had nowhere further to travel having hit the ground whilst the brain continued its momentum towards a stationary skull, meaning the meninges had far less impact absorption.

Dr TurnStyle

Similar to Fulton at the end of his career and Wade at sharks get concussed easily. Not good signs obviously

Reactions: BZN
It wouldn’t surprise me if Bennett saw something in him. If he finds a deal somewhere else, it’s best for both parties.
I agree but it's totally dependent on how much we have to kick in. According to earlier reports Brooks is on close to $1m (I'm astonished but it's what we're told). How much would you pay to see him gone? Would you pay $500k?

Reactions: 851
I agree but it's totally dependent on how much we have to kick in. According to earlier reports Brooks is on close to $1m (I'm astonished but it's what we're told). How much would you pay to see him gone? Would you pay $500k?
That 1.1 million talk is the biggest load of BS I have ever heard. He signed his deal back in 2018. Why is that figure only becoming public this year? Cos he’s a massive taking point, and they need a little extra juice in the lemon.

We have just released 2 players this year + next year we aren't paying for Mybe. We would front load a lot of that this year, wouldn't have to chip in that much if another club want him as he will be closer to market value.

That 1.1 million talk is the biggest load of BS I have ever heard. He signed his deal back in 2018. Why is that figure only becoming public this year? Cos he’s a massive taking point, and they need a little extra juice in the lemon.

it's because they never look at the overall contract just the current year to suit the media spin.

Over the course of his contract since 2018 when he signed the extension he isn't on close to 1.1mil a season.

Not sure about that but, say $750k. How much are you prepared to cover?

Back