Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He must have had one big week in there because the games I saw him he’s been pretty much a bludger.
You talk to Penrith fans and they can’t wait to get rid of him. Not a modern day winger…too small, not hard enough. Very good at finishing off movements when the inside men have taken out all the defenders, but he cannot score the tries Ken and Noffa score for us.

Not really only 3 weeks (88, 73, 84) under 100mtrs. Highest round was 184mtrs.

This year his positional play has improved alot and he holds his line in defense. He is also running more direct and has been looking for work early in sets.

Not saying he is a super star but he also isn’t a nuffie people make him out to be.

He is also only 21 so has some promise & is improving.

I would take him over Nofa on current form, age and pay scale.

He must have had one big week in there because the games I saw him he’s been pretty much a bludger.
You talk to Penrith fans and they can’t wait to get rid of him. Not a modern day winger…too small, not hard enough. Very good at finishing off movements when the inside men have taken out all the defenders, but he cannot score the tries Ken and Noffa score for us.
He’s not coming to play wing

Not really only 3 weeks (88, 73, 84) under 100mtrs. Highest round was 184mtrs.

This year his positional play has improved alot and he holds his line in defense. He is also running more direct and has been looking for work early in sets.

Not saying he is a super star but he also isn’t a nuffie people make him out to be.

He is also only 21 so has some promise & is improving.

I would take him over Nofa on current form, age and pay scale.
Pay scale only.
Staines has never scored a tough try where he gets belted like Noffa does. He never takes dirty hit ups.
Going after him is foolish nonsense.
We need forwards not weakarse backs.

We need forwards so badly. Api and Paps aren’t enough to turn our pack around. We need a prop like Tapine to lead our front row rotation with Uto, Twal, Offa, Musgrove. Another tough edge player like Angus Crichton. Also Nathan Brown as well at the right price as i think he might have a few years left in him in a keen pack with something to prove.
I believe there are 2-3 young guys coming through our ranks that can add depth to this pack as well.
Clear the dead wood and let’s recruit some absolute competitors that can support Api and Paps and give us some go forward for once.

We need forwards so badly. Api and Paps aren’t enough to turn our pack around. We need a prop like Tapine to lead our front row rotation with Uto, Twal, Offa, Musgrove. Another tough edge player like Angus Crichton. Also Nathan Brown as well at the right price as i think he might have a few years left in him in a keen pack with something to prove.
I believe there are 2-3 young guys coming through our ranks that can add depth to this pack as well.
Clear the dead wood and let’s recruit some absolute competitors that can support Api and Paps and give us some go forward for once.
Great post!!!!

I think if WT sign Charlie Staines then they have not really learnt a thing about improving the roster. Staines would be another costly mistake.

As most clever and informed Forum Members have articulated WT need to sign quality forwards as without the forwards going forward and putting team on the front foot it doesn't really matter who we have in the backs.

WT need to sign 3 quality forwards asap to supplement the current squad and the 2 coming in 2023.

Watched the U19s rep game last night, young Tumeth is a deadset workhorse, I believe he just came back from a long break, you couldn't tell. Young Matitumua was also very good, but will be in trouble for a high shot, promising.
Think tumeth has put on a bit of size recently too, anyone else notice that?

I think if WT sign Charlie Staines then they have not really learnt a thing about improving the roster. Staines would be another costly mistake.

As most clever and informed Forum Members have articulated WT need to sign quality forwards as without the forwards going forward and putting team on the front foot it doesn't really matter who we have in the backs.

WT need to sign 3 quality forwards asap to supplement the current squad and the 2 coming in 2023.

Mate we played Laurie and toa as fullback this year.

Our concentration on signings has to be forwards forwards and more forwards and they have to be tough buggers with impact and not take the easy options.I have watched football for a long time but without a decent set of pigs you will inevitably struggle.
I know it is far easier said than done and we could possibly have a few answers internally in a few years (2 played last night) but we need better forwards NOW.
I want our pack to be respected if not feared and this is something we have not had for a long time.

Joe Tapine would be a good start for me and Josh Curran if he can over come a knee injury and get a release.
These two boys are non stop workaholics with footy brains.
We have to get fowards that fight to the death.

What type of player is Curran? I'd never really noticed him until there was a report of Freddie thinking about him for origin.
After that every seems to rate him.

Joe Tapine would be a good start for me and Josh Curran if he can over come a knee injury and get a release.
These two boys are non stop workaholics with footy brains.
We have to get fowards that fight to the death.

Members online

Back