Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He's one to keep .. Brandon Tumeth .. his physique reminds of Paul Gallen .. he seems to have the motor like Gallen as well .. he also ran great lines last night .. and tackled non stop for 80 mins. Tumeth was playing right centre by the end of the game as the young Bulldogs centre (Paul Alamoti) suffered a fractured eye socket.

Justin Matamua played strong as well at prop .. for a big unit he's got some great balls skills .. !! He often hit the ball up and passed a nice offload at the line.

Both players ran for over 100m on the night. Two players to watch in the coming seasons.

I’d sign him on that review. We need more players that don’t stop to check their instaface mid game. It’s only 90 mins.
Anyway more importantly your avatar today, kebab shop chef? Mmm kebabs.
Friday special:
2 for 1 Whiskers and salad. £2

Regarding complaints about cat fur in food. Covid disruptions has caused cut backs so I'm forced not to wear gloves, sorry for any convenience... Fur balls never killed me, grow some people!

If he is signed (and paid) as a backup fullback/winger then it would be okay. This would be a minimum wage type contract, perhaps with bonuses for first grade games?
I prefer our current 1, 2 & 5, but each have had injuries recently, so another cheap backup back would be okay.
Unfortunately his manager sounds like he is being offered as a full back which sounds like he is expecting way more than minimum wage type money.

I wonder if he is supposed to be mates with Daine Laurie because it sounds like he wants to carve him up for the full back spot, great mate, but I guess it's just business.

All top teams are like John West - it's the players they reject that make them a better team.

WT seem to pick up the scraps other teams don't want or play State Cup ability players. The last 12 years of missing the finals is evidence anyone really needs to see.
Good post mate,

That was always true in the past as a result of the many years of mismanagement of the club.

Although some of the Coaches tried hard to get them, They were well aware that the top quality players didn't want to come here and in most cases why should they? If a top 8 team were offering the same amount of money?

I'm certain now that we're almost past that stage, and in the near future, with the new and much improved programs that are in place, together with the new CoE, we will be seeing many more new top quality players heading to and signing with the WT.

We shouldn't be looking at cheap backup players anymore. We have a whole squad full of them. That we've got close to a full squad in terms of roster spots but oodles of cap room should tell it's own story.
We need top level talent, or or at least young players with the potential to get there.

He's one to keep .. Brandon Tumeth .. his physique reminds of Paul Gallen .. he seems to have the motor like Gallen as well .. he also ran great lines last night .. and tackled non stop for 80 mins. Tumeth was playing right centre by the end of the game as the young Bulldogs centre (Paul Alamoti) suffered a fractured eye socket.

Justin Matamua played strong as well at prop .. for a big unit he's got some great balls skills .. !! He often hit the ball up and passed a nice offload at the line.

Both players ran for over 100m on the night. Two players to watch in the coming seasons.

I would be giving them a run in 1sts especially with Twal out and Seyfarth being totally ineffective.

Let's use the end of the season to give some kids a crack - doesn't have to been week in week out but at least get them a taste of what to expect. Never know they might standout and step up.

Friday special:
2 for 1 Whiskers and salad. £2

Regarding complaints about cat fur in food. Covid disruptions has caused cut backs so I'm forced not to wear gloves, sorry for any convenience... Fur balls never killed me, grow some people!
That’s post has got hair all over it. So I will try to not be to crude. Here I go;
Mmm pussy fur ball kebabs.

Set up 4 tries, kicked for 328 metres, 2 line break assists, seems another one Storm have a good one
You forgot about the hospital pass he threw to Tumeth who got smashed. Tumeth gave him a filthy look - Pezet just turned and walked away - no sorry. He will fit in well at the storm. If Brooks had of thrown that pass he would have been lynched on here.

You forgot about the hospital pass he threw to Tumeth who got smashed. Tumeth gave him a filthy look - Pezet just turned and walked away - no sorry. He will fit in well at the storm. If Brooks had of thrown that pass he would have been lynched on here.
I seen that, he had a couple of errors too, just after halftime I think, but finished ok. I’m glad he’s a blue, can we get back to Sydney?

How did that young 5/8 from the Storm go?
6. Tom Weaver (Tweed Seagulls)
7. Jonah Pezet (Melbourne Storm)

Pezet .. 4 try assists .. 2 line breaks .. throw a great hospital pass to our boy Tumeth .. lol .. got a good kick in general play .. controls the game well

Weaver .. even though small in build .. a bad hair cut .. he took the line on, got smashed a few times but got back up .. scored a try .. and kicked 4 from 5 goals .. ?? bit of a sharp shooter .. not fast but creative

Back