Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Interestingly Doeuhi has a 61.5% win rate at centre in 13 games. He has 8 tries, 8 line breaks, 37 tackle busts, 2 try assists and 11 offloads.

At five eight he has 35.7% win rate in 14 games but he does have 14 try assists and 16 line break assists and 5 tries and 36 tackle breaks, 17 offloads.

So I wluld suggest he plays better at five eight but he is a good centre and his teams play better with him at centre perhaps.

Interestingly his fullback record at 44.8% win rate from 29 games, with only 4 tries but ave 147 run meters 9 try assists, 15 line breaks and 8 line break assists and plenty of tackle busts.

Personally id have him at five eight moving forward and let Brooks go but with our current squad and availability o probably suggest centre is his best spot for us.

Anyway the real issue is our forwards arw rubbish and until we fix that who is in the halves means bugger all

Ive said it before - I d have him back at Fullback… at least we’ll have some communication back there unlike when park footy is there - and we’ll get some meters on kick return

You guys didn't get it. The point is that stating Hastings and Doueihi could be our best halves combination in ages isn't stating anything. We haven't had a good set of halves in donkey years which I think is a long time.

Clearly it was a stupid joke because no one got it.

If Hastings and Doueihi can't earn the halves spot and clearly be the best halves combination we've had in years we need to develop or buy some different players.

I've been stating for ages Hastings and Doueihi are our best halves combination but I expected them to go out and prove it. I still think Hastings is the best 7 we've got. It's up to Doueihi to prove he is good enough to get the 6 spot rather than have a sook about it.
The problem with Doueihi and Hastings in the halves is you can't have skow wingers like Ken and Nof. Add in centres like To'a and Kepaoa and it's one of the slowest backlines in history.

Having slow but smart halves is ok but they need pace around them to break games open. We lose because we have slow players setting up slow players and they just can't break through.

Ive said it before - I d have him back at Fullback… at least we’ll have some communication back there unlike when park footy is there - and we’ll get some meters on kick return
Agree.
Three of your best should be FB, ½ and ⅝
AD is a talker and is confident.
Surely he would give more substance than Daine at the back ATM. (Daino to go back to reserve grade to work on more energy involvement and positional play).
AD would give us more height at the back with Ken to diffuse high kicks.
I don't think AD would let bombs bouce which is happening at the back a lot and he has an awkward running style.
The downside is his pace is a tad slow but surely that would improve.
As a matter of interest, I wonder if there is much difference in pace compared to turbo.
Another thing is fitness coming off that knee injury and whether or not he could keep up with play and latch onto offloads.
Having AD at the back seems logical to me but I know that's not supported by many on the forum who are Noddy's advisors 😁

That would be a gun pairing in reserves. I like them both but as per a lot of our players they need to prove themselves by playing well.

I'll drop paying out Doueihi for having a cry. We've all been soft at times apart from @Buttface.
Nah I’ve been soft for years, or soft between the ears. Depends who you ask.

Anyone got Telegraph access for the Api article about him addressing coming to Tigers next year and coaching situation?

next year our spine will be

doughi
Hastings
laurie
api

so for the rest of the year please please just play the 3 players in the positions you see them in long term

i carnt see brooks been here long term but he is currently to good not to have in the squad so start him at 9

put starford and kepoa at centre they are more likley to be there next year so what’s the point in playing ad there?

only reason I see ad playing at centre this week is to get some more game time before putting him in at 5\8

I see Nikora finally signed extension with Sharks yesterday. It took a long time so makes me think was he waiting to find out who our coach is before committing? Then got sick of waiting just like us fans.

Reactions: 851
These leaks are embarrassing. Why on earth would a player want to play for the club when they read private conversations plastered all over the media. Sheens sat down with Doueihi and Hastings to address this recently and it has still happened. I hope it's not the straw that breaks the camels back.
The camels back has been broken for years.

More holes in this club than Swiss cheese

Anyone got Telegraph access for the Api article about him addressing coming to Tigers next year and coaching situation?
High-profile Wests Tigers recruit Api Koroisau has backed Tim Sheens to take over as coach next year.
The NSW State of Origin hooker has also declared he is fully-committed to the struggling franchise amid increasing uncertainty over the head coaching role.

Sheens has emerged as an option for the Tigers after lead target Cameron Ciraldo knocked back the club.

Brett Kimmorley, Shane Flanagan, Kristian Woolf and John Morris are among the contenders.

However, the Tigers are weighing-up the possibility of appointing Sheens with an understudy that he can guide through the next two to three years.

Koroisau is a key arrival at Concord next year. The delay in appointing a replacement to former coach Michael Maguire has led to suggestions that the Blues hooker could have second thoughts. However, he allayed those fears on Wednesday.

Api Koroisau would be happy to play under Tim Sheens at Wests Tigers. Picture: Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images
“I’m there 100 per cent,’’ Koroisau said. “The Tigers will be me next year.”

Asked if the coaching situation was an issue for him and how he would feel about working under Sheens, the Panthers premiership-winner said: “I haven’t had too much to do with him.

“I’ve obviously met him a few times now and had a few conversations with him.

“But he’s got the track record, if he wanted to go and coach again.

“He obviously did it in 2005 and won a premiership so whatever decision they wanted to go, I’d be down with that.’’

High-profile Wests Tigers recruit Api Koroisau has backed Tim Sheens to take over as coach next year.
The NSW State of Origin hooker has also declared he is fully-committed to the struggling franchise amid increasing uncertainty over the head coaching role.

Sheens has emerged as an option for the Tigers after lead target Cameron Ciraldo knocked back the club.

Brett Kimmorley, Shane Flanagan, Kristian Woolf and John Morris are among the contenders.

However, the Tigers are weighing-up the possibility of appointing Sheens with an understudy that he can guide through the next two to three years.

Koroisau is a key arrival at Concord next year. The delay in appointing a replacement to former coach Michael Maguire has led to suggestions that the Blues hooker could have second thoughts. However, he allayed those fears on Wednesday.

Api Koroisau would be happy to play under Tim Sheens at Wests Tigers. Picture: Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images
“I’m there 100 per cent,’’ Koroisau said. “The Tigers will be me next year.”

Asked if the coaching situation was an issue for him and how he would feel about working under Sheens, the Panthers premiership-winner said: “I haven’t had too much to do with him.

“I’ve obviously met him a few times now and had a few conversations with him.

“But he’s got the track record, if he wanted to go and coach again.

“He obviously did it in 2005 and won a premiership so whatever decision they wanted to go, I’d be down with that.’’

Who wants to take bets the "understudy" is Benji or Robbie - Or both!!
Dumbest Idea ever!!

Todd Payten took 10 years, Multiple administrations and Clubs - Various head coaches and multiple challenges to get to where he is...

We can build one in a couple - We are beyond the wildest of reckonings.

So Sheens is a very experienced coach (More so than Madge) - Straight to the top 8 next year yeah - They were the expectations on Madge...

Interestingly Doeuhi has a 61.5% win rate at centre in 13 games. He has 8 tries, 8 line breaks, 37 tackle busts, 2 try assists and 11 offloads.
Interesting stats, Boonie, but his winning percentages from when he was at Souths are kinda irrelevant.

next year our spine will be

doughi
Hastings
laurie
api

so for the rest of the year please please just play the 3 players in the positions you see them in long term

I kinda agree. This season is over. Prepare for the next. Drop Kelma. Play Brooks of the bench or not at all. Blood whatever junior talent we have carefully.

That said, it's hard to convince Noddy to give up on the season when he needs wins to further his own career,

9 of the 13 games at centre were with us and he has won 5 of 9

Everyone is happy to tell you how amazing he is - Without admitting that having him in the centres takes the heat off the halves and will create more opportunity for the team.

Anyhow.... As it is, was and will always be.

Agree with your comments …
Whilst on that question I would just add that from what I watched so far from Madden I can just see glimpses of something there.
This is the first year that he has had a taste of first grade and he hasn’t been a standout but I just have a feeling that in longer term …. we may regret if we released him.
I have been looking real hard but I just have not seen it yet. I guess I will have to be patient.

Would not matter if Andrew Johns was our halfback if the forwards are going backwards or in our case run half hearted you are going to look second rate. By blooding Pole and Matamua at least we are making a attempt to rectify this issue.

Back