Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Doueihi might be given his chance to partner teen sensation and Scots College student Onitoni Large. Jot that name down.

NRL 2022: Why Adam Doueihi can be as popular as Benji Marshall at Wests Tigers https://t.co/bSRWHmhVjq

Perhaps that's another name sheens has identified for the spine.
King Douihei. 👑

Like missing 3 clutch goals against the cows so we can lose by a point?
First or second game back from injury, (in the 6)
wasn't it...

It's a shame a 180+ year veteran halfback couldn't do more to ensure a win.

Sound salty man....
Let it go.

We got these positive articles coming out about AD meanwhile all you hear about Brooks is how Sheens doesn't want him to go anywhere and him getting moved around positions because he can't manage a game.

Last edited:
Like missing 3 clutch goals against the cows so we can lose by a point?
Geez your combative. He has got to work on his goal kicking if he is going to be our permanent kicker but considering he has just come back after long lay off and thrown into the role I think we can give him a bit more time to lift his level of accuracy.

Doueihi might be given his chance to partner teen sensation and Scots College student Onitoni Large. Jot that name down.

NRL 2022: Why Adam Doueihi can be as popular as Benji Marshall at Wests Tigers https://t.co/bSRWHmhVjq

Perhaps that's another name sheens has identified for the spine.
Anyone got the full article to post? By all reports Onitoni is a gun for his age group. Still a long way to go...would turn 18 the year Benji takes over I think.

First or second game back from injury, (in the 6)
wasn't it...

It's a shame a 180+ year veteran halfback couldn't do more to ensure a win.

Sound salty man....
Let it go.

We got these positive articles coming out about AD meanwhile all you hear about Brooks is how Sheens doesn't want him to go anywhere and him getting moved around positions because he can't manage a game.

Bloke drops a pass from the other half and we hear about it for a month...
Surely you can Suck it up?
No one else gets any excuses - Why's he any different.

Salty for what - 1 off load against tiny tom and a scrum play....
In 2 games.
Reckon I'm pretty right.

Geez your combative. He has got to work on his goal kicking if he is going to be our permanent kicker but considering he has just come back after long lay off and thrown into the role I think we can give him a bit more time to lift his level of accuracy.
Don't make out he's clutch - Stats don't lie....

Bloke drops a pass from the other half and we hear about it for a month...
Surely you can Suck it up?
No one else gets any excuses - Why's he any different.

Salty for what - 1 off load against tiny tom and a scrum play....
In 2 games.
Reckon I'm pretty right.
You're blasting the guy because he missed the conversion and we lost the game....

I get it we all want to win...

But how many games has Brooks lost us over the years and you defend him till the no end.

Change is in the air mate
🐯

You're blasting the guy because he missed the conversion and we lost the game....

But how many games has Brooks lost us over the years and you defend him till the no end.

🐯
Not Brooks fault. It's *checks long list for latest excuse from his fanboys* because of "football anxiety".....

🐯

Wasn't blasting him at all - Someone implied he was clutch - I pointed out he wasn't.
Good enough for you - surely I get a crack as well?

Robbie Farah was in Los Angeles, on his way to Miami for the Super Bowl, when he picked up the phone and made one last sales pitch to Adam Doueihi about coming home to Wests Tigers.

Doueihi was with South Sydney and weighing up a two-year deal from the Sydney Roosters or four years from the Tigers.
His uncle, former Wallabies coach Michael Cheika, was doing some work with the Roosters at the time and spruiked the merits of joining the two-time defending NRL premiers. Farah had other plans.

Looking back now at that long-distance phone call in early 2020, not even Farah could have predicted how popular Doueihi would become with the Tigers faithful.

There has not been a lot to cheer about in Tiger Town this year, but the sight of Doueihi, a Tigers junior, returning from a knee injury and giving everyone a glimpse of his classy best the past six games has been a highlight.

“He [Doueihi] is back home now,” Farah said. “He has that connection to the club; he’s a passionate guy, which the fans appreciate, and you can see it hurts him when we lose.

“He’s so heavily invested in this club, which is why he is so popular with the fans. He’s still a long way off from where I know he can be and where he can get to, but I dare say we would have won a few more games this year had he not been out until round 15.

“I was in LA when I called him. It was down to us and the Roosters, and the Roosters needed a right centre. I said, ‘You can go to the Roosters and be another player, or you can come home and really make a difference’.

“It’s been a tough couple of years with injuries and results on the field, but if we can tie a guy like Adam down long term, and set up a core group of players, things are looking really positive.”

Doueihi’s contract expires at the end of 2023, which means he is free to negotiate with rival clubs from November this year. The 24-year-old has no plans to sign any new deal until after his commitments with Lebanon at the World Cup are over.

“I’ll go to the World Cup, put on a good performance for Lebanon, then see what happens,” Doueihi said. “I’m still here for next year. It’s always good to play finals. That’s all I want to do. I’m sick of losing.

“I came from Souths where we played back-to-back preliminary finals. I’ve played in some big games. I also won’t walk out on the boys if we’re going shit. I’m a better human being than that. I’m not above the team.

“I’m not the poster boy; I’m the No.6 at the Tigers. I’ll do everything I can to help us be successful.”

Doueihi has huge admiration for Farah and Benji Marshall, the two most popular of the joint-venture Tigers. Marshall will be head coach in 2025 with Farah already an assistant.

Doueihi and Luke Brooks, a soon-to-be-dad who cops more criticism from fans than any other player, will be the starting halves next year.

If you cast your eye a little further down the track, Doueihi might be given his chance to partner teen sensation and Scots College student Onitoni Large. Jot that name down.

After the win over Brisbane last Saturday, a photo of Doueihi and Farah appeared on social media with the caption, “the ‘GOAT’ and Robbie”. Farah laughed. Time will tell if the post is right.

Don't make out he's clutch - Stats don't lie....
What are you referring to he has been back for a hot minute and from the get go I said he hasn't put a great 80 together. I can still see what he is capable of despite not having a great day with the boot against the Cowboys.

Reactions: 851
Back