Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I thought Staines went looking for the ball but when he got it he didn’t have a clue what to do with it. A few times he ran around in circles then just passed it on to anyone.
I think the key stat was over 50 times in the Storm 20 but no points. Staines, and others were trying but no real organisation in attack.
Lacked flair and direction but without Cleary, Liu and Edwards that’s not surprising.
That will change when they’re back to full, or near full strength.
Nice to see Korisau still going ok, hopefully he will be the bright spark we need to get the forwards organised in 23.

It does seem that Tamou wasn't prepped for the question. Which is a disappointing lack of foresight from the clubs PR department.

But it also somewhat matches the tone of messages from the the coaching staff who have largely strayed from commenting definitively on the matter in public. We want ipap to come to the conclusion to join us on his own, not through us somewhat forcing him.

It seems to me that Ipap is happy to come to us, but he's also happy to stay at parra if everyone agrees for him to do that. Which is understandable to a degree, they're a more successful club at the moment so if he can get the same pay at both clubs and he had to choose now he'd probably have signed with them. But he didn't wait, back himself to keep playing well and increase his value. He signed a contract 12 months in advance, and this is the risk a player has to accept when they do this. There's zero incentive for us to let go a prized recruit but for him to leave it with his agent to try to somehow get us to release him is a one in a million pot shot.

Using Madge is a cop out. To say i was looking forward to working under madge and am sad we won't be there is one thing, but to use that to try and annul a contract is madness. Saying i'd only come to you to play under the coach that kept failing because i'd rather fail under him than succeed under a different coach?
Tamou was just stating the obvious. He knows as well as Papalii knows our front office has no stones. There will be no repercussions if he doesnt come to the Tigers even though he has signed a contract. Two weeks ago, the whole Rugby league community saw the "strength" of our front office when we weakly rolled over to the NRL when EVERY decision about that last play with the Cowboys was incorrect. Does anyone honestly think our front office will do anything but roll over like mongerel dogs if Papalii backflips?Not only does the whole RL community thinks we are a laughing stock, so does Papalii. As much as I hate the Roosters & the Storm, they never roll over like mongrel dogs.

Tamou was just stating the obvious. He knows as well as Papalii knows our front office has no stones. There will be no repercussions if he doesnt come to the Tigers even though he has signed a contract. Two weeks ago, the whole Rugby league community saw the "strength" of our front office when we weakly rolled over to the NRL when EVERY decision about that last play with the Cowboys was incorrect. Does anyone honestly think our front office will do anything but roll over like mongerel dogs if Papalii backflips?Not only does the whole RL community thinks we are a laughing stock, so does Papalii. As much as I hate the Roosters & the Storm, they never roll over like mongrel dogs.
Lee has probably spent more time talking to podcasts than Papali’is manager- The PR King 👑

Staines isnt a fullback..just a quick finishing winger.....worth nothing like 550k..Been passed over for May so unproven in nrl
And Creighton very over rated..a weak link in Panthers and nsw backline that blind Freddie cld see..almost
Cleary will punt both

From Melbourne Storm's website.

Nick Meaney returns at fullback shifting Cameron Munster to his usual five-eighth position.

They are short outside backs/fullbacks - not halves.
@Camel2281 seems like Munster is playing fullback in Defence and a 5/8/fullback role in attack. Still doubt AD would play 5/8 if he was there given Meaney is in place and AD's known defensive shortfalls - but I guess we can both only speculate based on our opinions.

Last edited:
Staines isnt a fullback..just a quick finishing winger.....worth nothing like 550k..Been passed over for May so unproven in nrl
And Creighton very over rated..a weak link in Panthers and nsw backline that blind Freddie cld see..almost
Cleary will punt both
There are a few panthers players that look better than they are because they play in a very good team, a team that doesn't have glaring holes or weaknesses. A team that is balanced, well coached and every player buys in.
However now that they are missing some key players those holes are beginning to appear.
If Staines were to come to WT right now, he would be eposed as an average footballer with some toe, nothing special.
Our main recruiting goal atm is to shore up a couple of quality back rowers that can play great footy in any team they play in and that usually equates to a representative player.

Clubs that start dropping off the race are open slather.
Currently B Hunt is stating , if Saints keep A GRIF as the coach , it will go a long way in him deciding to stay. You guys think we have problems, just sit back at relax, WT Tim is prowling.

With Sheens and Benji as coaches are we likely to see a quicker than expected transition of Laurie from 1 to 6? Meaning that we'll need a 1. Not sure where that leaves Doeuhi, maybe as the 1? There is quite a bit of spinal flux occurring at the WT at the moment. (yes - I think I just made that term up).

Back