Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I like Staines. I didn't watch the game last night but he is quick and runs it back hard. There is no way he is worth 500k though. That is Nofo money.
Agree and Nofo is not worth more than $300k.. he has dudded us

With Sheens and Benji as coaches are we likely to see a quicker than expected transition of Laurie from 1 to 6? Meaning that we'll need a 1. Not sure where that leaves Doeuhi, maybe as the 1? There is quite a bit of spinal flux occurring at the WT at the moment. (yes - I think I just made that term up).
I wouldn’t mind seeing Laurie have a go at playing 7 , even though that’s highly unlikely

I like Staines. I didn't watch the game last night but he is quick and runs it back hard. There is no way he is worth 500k though. That is Nofo money.

Said a few weeks ago he's looking for big money - is already on way more than he should be...
Not even worth discussing - Literally adds nothing.

- It's been a long, long time since I have heard the term The "Forbes Ferrari"

Said a few weeks ago he's looking for big money - is already on way more than he should be...
Not even worth discussing - Literally adds nothing.

- It's been a long, long time since I have heard the term The "Forbes Ferrari"
💯

With Sheens and Benji as coaches are we likely to see a quicker than expected transition of Laurie from 1 to 6? Meaning that we'll need a 1. Not sure where that leaves Doeuhi, maybe as the 1? There is quite a bit of spinal flux occurring at the WT at the moment. (yes - I think I just made that term up).
I think Doeuhi has to be in front line at 3, coz he can make breaks, I thought maybe Maumolo/ Naden could get a run at fb. Both carry the ball up well and can link. Defence ? something to work on.
If Maumalo injured then try Naden. Might surprise us.
Just hope they give it a try before season end.

I don't see Laurie being an effective 6. He's too light to defend on the front line, almost all his short kicks are ineffective and he doesn't have much deception in his game.

Fullback or nothing IMO.
Yeah if I had to agree on a scenario, but worth a crack.

I think Doeuhi has to be in front line at 3, coz he can make breaks, I thought maybe Maumolo/ Naden could get a run at fb. Both carry the ball up well and can link. Defence ? something to work on.
If Maumalo injured then try Naden. Might surprise us.
Just hope they give it a try before season end.
Big Kenny seems too shy and quiet to direct the defence from the back. I'm not sure about Naden though. You need someone who is not afraid to position players where they are needed. I do agree about Doeuhi as a centre though - I also think that in a few years, if his body holds up, he might make a good second rower, a bit like Timmins from the Dragons (I think his name was. Was a centre, then went into the pack).

Big Kenny seems too shy and quiet to direct the defence from the back. I'm not sure about Naden though. You need someone who is not afraid to position players where they are needed. I do agree about Doeuhi as a centre though - I also think that in a few years, if his body holds up, he might make a good second rower, a bit like Timmins from the Dragons (I think his name was. Was a centre, then went into the pack).
Timmins was one of the best I’ve seen, in any jersey.

Kenny has the turning circle of the QE2

our Chrissy Lawrence finished in the 2nd row

Kenny has the turning circle of the QE2
Pros and cons.

Turning and chasing is something he’ll never be good at. He’s the only reason we ever get outside our own 30m in yardage sets and usually finishes every tryscoring opportunity he gets and is a tryscoring threat for cross field bombs.

With a player like Staines, you get speed to turn and chase, better support play but you lose the things Ken is good at.

Not many players do all of these things well so it depends on the style of play for the team as to what’s most important.

Staff online

Back