Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Barry Toohey has been pushing Brooks to Newcastle for a year
We don't let Madden go and then release Brooks to Newcastle
2024 maybe but not 2023
Can't see it happening for 23. They can still sign him for 24 tho come November 1

Heard G Alexander say N Cleary spent the whole time he was suspended watching himself on tapes looking at how he could improve his game and working on it at training. His competiveness and will to win is evident every time he plays.
If Brooks is to improve his game it will come down to him putting in the time and effort to address his weaknesses and work on them.

That is not to say that if we continue to get smashed up the middle that any of that will make a difference to our results.
He's too busy getting thrown at a target...

Attachments

• images.jpeg-2.jpg
    images.jpeg-2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 10
Dolphins coach Wayne Bennett is keeping a close eye on Newcastle centre Bradman Best.

Sport Confidential can reveal Best is on the radar of the Dolphins amid speculation the hulking Newcastle ace is under pressure to lift his game at the Knights.

The 21-year-old last year signed a three-year deal with the Knights and was hailed as a possible NSW Origin bolter after an eye-catching 2020 season that saw him score eight tries from 11 appearances.

But Best has struggled to produce his best form over the past 18 months. There are concerns about his attitude, which reared its head last month when Best was stood down for Newcastle’s clash against Canberra after he was late to the team bus following a loss to the Broncos.

Bennett has not made any approach to Best, but if the Knights are open to an early release, is it understood the super coach would consider a Dolphins lifeline for the hard-running centre. (DT)
Living up here in taree, you get a lot of knights news, From what I've seen Best is pretty average, but then I thought staford and kepoa...yeah we need him

No point in discussing the Jock vs Luke thing
King Tim loves Brooks so that's it !
So Tim its on you . Your call hope its a good one
From my point of view I just do not see what if any hype there is in Luke Brooks. Yes he can tackle and yes he is a goer and has speed,BUT he cannot organise, make correct decisions especially on the 5th, kicks out on the full,fails to find touch,does not kick 40/20s and seems to religiously fail under pressure. I quite often read on here how the forward pack is to blame, but seriously a good half takes the pressure off through a very good kicking game and right decisions to create chances within a game, I don't see that happening very often. I also personally think Madden will be a very good halfback in the future years and will surpass Brooks at a younger age. Just my thoughts, but I guess we will all find out.

Back