Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Correct, it becomes obvious that our administration hides its incompetence and mediocracy behind "we cannot do anything, we cannot behave like the Storm/Roosters/Panthers"???
If they cannot do anything they shall go into politics, and leave the administration of the club to the people that can!
Should be called Wests pussies with this leadership crew

I am on board with the whole Sheen / Benji / Robbie coaching idea and hope it all works out.

But am I correct in saying the ONLY signing Sheen's has made is Naden ?? Papa and Api were done prior I believe.

With all this excitement around Sheen's / Benji and we are yet to sign a player and IMO is a massive concern.. I will sit back and trust the process but generally when a new coach is announced etc.. they makes signings pretty quickly as players want to be apart of the change. I thought Benji had some pull according to other players / commentators in the game.
So either they have a few lined up but are keeping it rather quite or we are praying we get lucky..
There aren’t any real difference makers available. That’s the main problem. See how they go for 2024.

Agree that not much is going to happen for '23, but Marshall will attract established players for '24.
What's in doubt is if he can actually coach them to win some games.
I don't understand how/why Marshall will be able to attract players? I think any connections to players he may be able to call upon are massively overstated. More importantly players still have managers advising them and i doubt many would be encouraging their clients to go to wooden spoon club with an untried coach.

If money is not a motivator there is very little else to attract players to WTs atm - as demonstrated by our lack of success recruiting and the possible trouble we are having holding on to one we jagged.
Should aim for mid quality players build a stable base then try to Jag a marquee player pay alittle overs for mid quality 5/6 first with 70 plus games that can do the job and mite get lucky and produce another Teddy Moses Farah Marshall Fifita

Mid quality that's what Sheenius did last time to bring the kids up to grade Jason Moodie Pat Richards Scott Prince and a few of the old heads in the forwards stable players

The main thing before anything is we need to improve, show players looking for 2024 we are going forward, I think if we can get a clean bill of health and with api and paps we will move forward, hopefully our injury prone players can stay on the pitch, I think if Talau will slot straight back into centres, blore off the bench or starting backrow and with them 4 we are already looking infinitely better, if we could grab another forward this off season whether it be Frizell or Klemmer or both on decent deals we have a squad that can make finals, having api come in is going to improve us on his own, he’s a class 9 and we haven’t had one in forever, it’s one of the most important positions on the field, his deception creates space and puts us on the front foot, it’s doom and gloom at the moment obviously but I’m not completely pessimistic

Should aim for mid quality players build a stable base then try to Jag a marquee player pay alittle overs for mid quality 5/6 first with 70 plus games that can do the job and mite get lucky and produce another Teddy Moses Farah Marshall Fifita

Mid quality that's what Sheenius did last time to bring the kids up to grade Jason Moodie Pat Richards Scott Prince and a few of the old heads in the forwards stable players
So for a long time we were mediocre and now we are fully shit and the plan is to go back to mediocre. I’m with you 😂

So for a long time we were mediocre and now we are fully shit and the plan is to go back to mediocre. I’m with you 😂
Continuing to roll over and lose good players like Moses, Matterson, Aloiai, Luc has dropped us down from mediocre to absolute trash.

Need to find a way to stop making everyone want to leave. Joffa re-signing was a good step in the right direction, hopefully it continues with Hastings.

Continuing to roll over and lose good players like Moses, Matterson, Aloiai, Luc has dropped us down from mediocre to absolute trash.

Need to find a way to stop making everyone want to leave. Joffa re-signing was a good step in the right direction, hopefully it continues with Hastings.
Need an explosive middle like Tapine or Paulo to move the needle.

Every top club has 2-3 top hookers. We have Api. Who are the others. Are they good enough?
Brown, Simo and Rua??

Post edit: disregard, what was I thinking 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
If money is not a motivator there is very little else to attract players to WTs atm - as demonstrated by our lack of success recruiting and the possible trouble we are having holding on to one we jagged.

The Tiger's can not buy there way out of it got to go mediocre and hope to grow two or three Superstars to mix with the mediocre players Melbourne have mediocre players mix with Superstars and the Superstars lift them up

Or buy 1 superstar and hope for the best with what we have

Agree they need to become a club people don't want to leave, but the players you've named went above and beyond to ensure their position at the club became quickly untenable.

Moses just plain sooked and tanked; Matterson had a breakout year and thought he was too good for the tigers; Aloiai chased the dollars and also acted like a child; Luciano was doing less than going through the motions.

All four of these guys conducted themselves with large amounts of unprofessionalism, immaturity and greed.

They were a cancer on the club.

Are you saying that if things were different they wouldn't have wanted to leave?

I do get that. But at the same time an employer/employee agreement is a two way street:

You pay someone to fulfil a role and they agree to do so for say 3 years at $x.

The employer is willing to pay for those services for 3 years but the employee doesn't like it any more so he gets to pretend he is doing his job (badly) or outright just say he's not working there any more?

I think it's too easy for another club to overtake an existing contract and that a hefty transfer fee should be involved to stop these unmitigated moves.

Can understand wanting to go back to NZ, Aust, Qld, wherever they're from, but these guys simply break contracts because they want more money or a bigger club whilst taking no responsibility that they are one of the reasons the club isn't winning.

I don't understand how/why Marshall will be able to attract players? I think any connections to players he may be able to call upon are massively overstated. More importantly players still have managers advising them and i doubt many would be encouraging their clients to go to wooden spoon club with an untried coach.
I think it's possibly wishful thinking. I hope it's true too, but have no way of knowing either way.

Your post reminds me that Braith Anasta is Munster's agent; don't like the tigers' chances! 🤪

Every top club has 2-3 top hookers. We have Api. Who are the others. Are they good enough?
Brown, Simo and Rua??

Not sure I agree with that mate.

2 to 3 top hookers at every good club is a stretch.

Roosters: Verrills 1, Watson 2 and Keirghan 3. That's ordinary

Parra: Mahoney 1, Stone 2, 3?

Cowboys: Robson 1, Granville 2, 3? Granville is terrible

Sharks: Brayley 1, Mcinnes 2, 3? Two very good ones here.

I think we shape up very good with Api, Brown, Rua and Simpkin. We don't need anymore. It's also a good luxury that Brown and Rua can play other positions

Back