Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I think part of Clearys understanding and communication comes via Nathan. He has been around these young guys for quite a while even just as a parent.
He gets it, meaning knowing about how these guys think and what presses their buttons.
Penrith game plans are adapted to the skills he has at his disposal. Ciraldo must be the same.
When you see the dressing room shots of Cleary whether before a game or at halftime, he sits in a chair and you can see his delivery is relaxed. Players respond to that style of communication.

I’ll just leave this memory of 4 years ago here

stat-attack_forced-dropouts_20181219.jpg
Yes 4 years ago ! Even won a dally m for halfback but last couple of years very different

Reactions: 851
We trusted Maguire for three (3) years, a coach that coached Souths to the top, and he managed to destroy our defence, and in the process did not improve our attack!
There was a hope that more NZ players will sign for us, but we signed Matulino, and Packer??
We are in a desperate position, so I certainly prefer a coach that transformed us before, to a coach selected by Footy show celebrity:
- who never done a thing for the WT, and
- who never coached the NRL team!

You realise that further proves my point? A current NRL coach who had some semblance of success in recent memory couldn't get them to fire, why would a coach who hasn't been in the NRL for a decade and two 1st year apprentices do any better? The reigning premiers coach couldn't even get us into the 8!

Also Cleary signed Packer & Matulino.

When you see the dressing room shots of Cleary whether before a game or at halftime, he sits in a chair and you can see his delivery is relaxed. Players respond to that style of communication.

That's why he took us to the lofty heights of 9th place and let all our juniors walk.

It has to be said again:

It is absolutely everyone else's fault that he doesn't perform to his optimum in the 10 years he's been here. That includes the three different administrations, four coaches and the 120 odd players who played for the club while he's been there.

It's ALWAYS someone elses fault with Brooks.

You do realise Madden was off contract?
Jock Madden has been available to sign a new contract for 11months, hasn’t been a Tiger for a month, but it has just come across ConePunchers desk. Dominoes fall very slowly for the puncher………but it’s all happening!!!!!! It’s very exciting. Apparently Twitter is abuzz

Our CEO seeked out the Mockumentary.
Magurie wanted nothing to do with it.
One if the worst things, in a long line of worst things, we have EVER done.
That alone would be enough to put many players off coming to the WT.
As Potter said a while ago, a political hotbed where few, if any, know what success looks like.
At least Sheens/ Marshall/ Farah have seen success, albeit a long time ago. And will what they did in 05 translate to 23/24/25, only time will tell.
It’s like the headline that people within the club don’t like Moses, who are these people, the board, obviously not the coaches, the fans( no we run a long last).or is it just those people in selling tv shows and papers.
If our coaches want him , and they think he’s got plenty to give, then pursue him and leave the naysayers out of it.
They will be judged on performances not on how happy everyone is with their choices.

Who wouldn't accept 9th this year? It is a mute-point now but you're not exactly starting from a lofty height with Maguire.

You're right, and that's why he was sacked. As usual with this shit pit club they [This word has been automatically removed]ed it up by not doing it last year or waiting until this year.

Fact is two coaches who have won premierships could not get this place into the eight. Yeah they had their deficiencies too, but when does the playing group and administration come under the microscope?

Hat sales are up 13% and the centre of mediocrity has finally been built, so Pascoe's safe? Miss me with that shit, he's overseen the whole sorry story from JT until this point and everything in between. He should be out the door before Brooks.

Absolutely not but we move on CB and live in hope that tomorrow will be better than today.

I'm past that point now, after Cleary bailing and waltzing into Penrith and experiencing immediate success and Madge somehow managing to send this club further down the shitter after building Souths into a powerhouse club I can't help but feel like there's zero reason to be happy with the direction of the club until they actually start showing that there will be a reason to be optimistic.

I'm past that point now, after Cleary bailing and waltzing into Penrith and experiencing immediate success and Madge somehow managing to send this club further down the shitter after building Souths into a powerhouse club I can't help but feel like there's zero reason to be happy with the direction of the club until they actually start showing that there will be a reason to be optimistic.
My point as well but that will only be answered from March onward next year.
Any signings made or players lost will be pure speculation until we set foot back on the field.
Until then, I am prepared to give everyone a chance to prove a lot of this years negativity can be reversed.
Regards The Optimist !

Back