Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Tigers are dumb for even trying to get Mitch Moses, or any player managed by Isaac Moses.

You'd think WT have learned their lesson after Isaac Moses f****d us by losing us teddy, moses etc, and worst of all being left with brooks and paying him as much as they are on.

I recall him being fairly injury prone to start his career - maybe that’s why we released him

Seen him play for Tonga a couple years back and he was a handful.

His best mate suicided at the club…
Another reason we went down from 2013..
A lot of those boys (Marika, Sitaleki, BMM, Asipeli etc.) were a little lost after that - new coach etc probably didn’t help.

Read says its great the tigers are aiming high re Munster and Moses?
First of all that's got zero to do with 2023 season .Secondly its unlikely to succeed . Fact our current squad for 2023 is bottom 4 bound and without some really clever additions for next season we might be in a head to head battle with the dolphins for a wooden trophy . Just about every tiger who has another club interested seems to go .
If we are serious about next year we need 3 forwards and 2 centers
If The best of Nrl are locked up for 2023 are we scouring and spotting fresh talent in Qld cup ,Nsw cup ( top sides) in PNG or where ever . The Storm have a knack for finding relatively unknown players who display that special x factor and good character and a year later we are talking about new stars
We on the other hands rummage thru all the unsigned 30 + year olds who are after 1 or 2 more years of reasonable salary .
We also jump to trying to lure a couple of superstars and even offering overs its still a tough sell and unlikely
So far exits plenty incoming zero
If Tims plan is one more year at the bottom and progress 2024 then I can't accept that ! I'm fed up with everyone apon finding out im a tigers fan telling me that they feel sorry for me

Went to England and came home to the Warriors last year I believe.
Weighed 130kg plus as a Keebra Park teenager. Left club when of his mates offed himself.
Best defensive play I can remember was Minicello on BMM. One on one full tilt on the try line. Stopped him front on and came away with the ball before BMM knew what happened.

Read says its great the tigers are aiming high re Munster and Moses?
First of all that's got zero to do with 2023 season .Secondly its unlikely to succeed . Fact our current squad for 2023 is bottom 4 bound and without some really clever additions for next season we might be in a head to head battle with the dolphins for a wooden trophy . Just about every tiger who has another club interested seems to go .
If we are serious about next year we need 3 forwards and 2 centers
If The best of Nrl are locked up for 2023 are we scouring and spotting fresh talent in Qld cup ,Nsw cup ( top sides) in PNG or where ever . The Storm have a knack for finding relatively unknown players who display that special x factor and good character and a year later we are talking about new stars
We on the other hands rummage thru all the unsigned 30 + year olds who are after 1 or 2 more years of reasonable salary .
We also jump to trying to lure a couple of superstars and even offering overs its still a tough sell and unlikely
So far exits plenty incoming zero
If Tims plan is one more year at the bottom and progress 2024 then I can't accept that ! I'm fed up with everyone apon finding out im a tigers fan telling me that they feel sorry for me

We are not recruiting for 2023, we are recruiting for setting Benji up with a very competitive squad.

There is no quality options for next year on the market atm. Everyone who is available become so for 24 at this stage.

If anyone thinks we will sign 3 forwards and 2 centres at a NRL quality level in the next few months for 23 then they have no idea. It won't be happening. It's why we just extended our backs for a year.

Tell us, what club did young Harry Rushton go to? He looked a real prospect, only a kid that will fill out. From what I saw a real workhorse.

I think he's gone to Huddersfield. Not a top side. But they have a good coach, an excellent junior pathway (they sent Dom Young to Newcastle and another outstanding prospect - Will Pryce (halfback) - is headed there I think next season). I was surprised Rushton left so soon after he made his debut for the Raiders. I assume somebody there figured he was a good player. Maybe he was homesick. Dunno.

Benji made a point about keeping things inhouse

Moses talk is coming out because they have a big game tomorrow night, like as if they are talking this week etc. It's a media beat up.
I’m sure they’ve been talking for a while coz Moses was one of the first names mentioned by our new coaching team when they were appointed.
Once Parra gets knocked out this week more info will filter through.

Reactions: 851
Sheens has a history of making some astute purchases when he has cash, I still have faith.
We are holding firm on Papa & based on media rubbish we are talking to the right players.

Sheens still has ties to Hull KR. They currently have another outstanding halfback prospect - Mikey Lewis. Bit of a throwback. Great character. Very dangerous in broken field with a good short kicking game. Fan favourite. Definitely worth a look. Have to say - whilst SL has dropped off a touch in quality (largely because we haven't got the money) - I'm struggling to remember any period in my fifty years where we've been this well off for junior talent. We don't have any choice but to produce our own now. Maybe not so much in the centres or wing positions. But certainly everywhere else. Probably the reason NRL scouts seem to be here every week.

Is this even possible?

Only if Nick Politis has the conversation with Teddy like this.

"Thank you for everything but Suaali is our 10-year option. We'd like you to finish your career at your debut club!" Whilst thinking, yeah the Tigers are no threat to us even with Teddy.

And if we throw the biggest wad of cash at Moses.

Yes it can happen!

I think Sheen / Benji have a plan and all this talk is talk to keep reporters off our tail. Everyone is looking over here and then BAM we sign a player from over there.
We are letting players go everywhere and we need players in return so there is a plan IMO but wont be announced to fans until signed and sealed..
I’m getting that feeling too.

Dragons reject Tyrell Sloan’s bid for early release, official complaint looms to the nrl about the dolphins.

The Dragons are expected to face a similar problem with Jayden Sullivan who is likely to ask for a release once Ben Hunt re-commits to the club. The Bulldogs want Sullivan from next season but the Dragons have already indicated their reluctance to let him go. (DT)

We are not recruiting for 2023, we are recruiting for setting Benji up with a very competitive squad.

There is no quality options for next year on the market atm. Everyone who is available become so for 24 at this stage.

If anyone thinks we will sign 3 forwards and 2 centres at a NRL quality level in the next few months for 23 then they have no idea. It won't be happening. It's why we just extended our backs for a year.
This is why were perennial losers. After a decade of garbage, still need 2 seasons. Joke of a Club. Worst run in Australia by a fair distance.

Cloudy it passed COB ???
Waiting for your ?? ??? ???? News
Mossman I think you may need to re read the thread. I merely pointed out that Cone Puncher et al were talking out of their butt and that discussion were not that advanced. I said there is no way would know by yesterday. Will be some time yet, probably weeks.

Post in thread 'Signing Suggestions & Rumours'
https://weststigersforum.com/threads/signing-suggestions-rumours.27347/post-1670562

again if you want actual factual news it’s me or The Pom. If you want to get excited over fake news then you can pay attention to the Twitter Trawlers

Back