Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yeah Jason Taylor effect on the Tigers. He looked solid without doing anything great. He could of made a good ball playing lock.
sadly he was a useless "ball runner", he never wanted to be tackled, he passed the ball before the tackle like Moltzen! He is exactly the type of player we don't want!
We need aggressive, take no prisoners players like JT or Nathan Brown!

If you are his manager, why don't you contact the Tigers Management and work out a deal... if he is that good!

For anyone interested - Jack Welsby tore Leeds to shreds for St. Helens in the SL Grand Final at Old Trafford today. Even the great Jonathon Davies described him as “Outstanding”. And that’s now in three consecutive Grand Final victories where in the first (aged barely 19) he won the game single-handedly in the last two seconds against Wigan and in the second shifted the momentum against a huge Catalans side and sent Saints home champions. Seriously, if you guys are looking for a difference maker - tell your owners to pick up the phone.
Welby’s involvement , desire and speed in a game is what Wests Tigers desperately need.
He’s a local St Helens junior, what makes you think he wants to have a run in the NRL?

Reactions: 851
I really hope our club have a shot at that kid. He is being talked up big time.

I can see us getting another Blair signing soon. We'll have money and pay someone like Dylan Brown a million dollars and he'll be a dud.

Only 21, has genuine speed and for the most part held his own in a prelim final. If nothing else, he would be a good addition to push Laurie for the fullback spot. Still plenty to learn, but has some great attributes to make him become a regular 1st grader.

Without many available players off contract in 2023, I really do hope the reported swap happens.
I think he's... okay. It doesn't seem like they'd have to spend too much to get him and he is fast, which they sorely lack in the backline.

He can certainly put them in; the question is do the tigers have the players to get it to him?

I wouldn't have any issue with him getting the fullback jersey if he deserves it. As mentioned, real competition might bring something out in Laurie, but the sad fact for me is I think I'd pick Staines over him and he is far behind Edwards imo. Admittedly, I rate Edwards highly.

Also, on the plus side, he reminds me of Frank Grimes, aka 'Homer's enemy' from way back. So there's that...

Frank_Grimes (1).png

I can see us getting another Blair signing soon. We'll have money and pay someone like Dylan Brown a million dollars and he'll be a dud.
I fear iPap will be that signing

He’ll wear a dinner suit thr time he plays with us

the sad fact for me is I think I'd pick Staines over him and he is far behind Edwards imo. Admittedly, I rate Edwards highly.

Edwards is a gun. Latrell, Tedesco, Ponga and Tommy Turbo have better games when they are at their best.

Edwards is just so consistent though and he isn't far off those guys.

Tedesco is the best player in the game because he is consistently really really good.

I think Edwards is underated due the sheer number of gun players who play fullback.

Surely we aren’t frothing over Staines

Kid was only keeping that thug May’s seat warm

Hasn’t arrived at Tigers HQ yet but it’s a big fat punt 🥾 from me
I don't think I've seen many posts "frothing over" the possibility of Staines coming.

Okay, that sounds really wrong... But you know what I mean! 😳

I just said he was "okay", would be cheap and could possibly add depth and maybe competition for Laurie.

Back