Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

the Munster situation hinges on his wife. if she's willing to wait a few more years to return to Queensland then I reckon we're a massive chance. if the homesickness is too much I'd say the Dolphins are a certainty. I personally don't think we'll get him, but I'm thankful we're having a crack.

the Munster situation hinges on his wife. if she's willing to wait a few more years to return to Queensland then I reckon we're a massive chance. if the homesickness is too much I'd say the Dolphins are a certainty. I personally don't think we'll get him, but I'm thankful we're having a crack.
If someone has her number we can all call her and ask nicely.

I would love Munster but not at the cost of us not getting at least 3 class forwards. Buy RTS as a fullback for $700,000 buy Nathan brown for $ 350,000 buy lenui for $400,000 and get a mongrel front rower for around $700,000 to $800,000
I agree with all of this aside from the front rower for $700 - $800k. Leniu and Brown are both mongrel front rowers to go with Stefano, Joffa, Twal, Musgrove and Pole. Spend that $700 on Martin instead

I would love Munster but not at the cost of us not getting at least 3 class forwards. Buy RTS as a fullback for $700,000 buy Nathan brown for $ 350,000 buy lenui for $400,000 and get a mongrel front rower for around $700,000 to $800,000
I would say we will only recruit in an impact middle forward if we offload a middle as we already have these 11 props/locks contracted in the top 30: Offa, Stefano, Twal, Musgrove, Pole, Seyfarth, Tuki, Fainu, Hastings (lock/half), Ngatikaura (lock/hooker) & Blore (according to reports Sheens wants to play him in middle).

Makes sense about reports that Musgrove has permission to depart.

99% on guys situation hinges on their wives decisions.😂

I think we need other positions as a priority, if the forwards remain flat and lethargic, we just wouldn’t get the full Munster.

Otherwise, we get pushed back and back and he’s much less of a threat 100m from their tryline!

I prefer a balanced side but forwards first. Old school I know.

Last edited:
Do you remember Alan Jones bringing the athlete Darren Clark to the club to help improve players speed . That didn’t work either.
I was just making a point about running styles.
I really don’t know if Staines is a good buy or not but a bit of pace never goes astray on the flanks.eg The Fox.👍🏻
Australian 100m sprint star Trae Williams aka Quadzilla couldn't get out of Randwick 3rd grade rugby.
1664421005374.png

So Rothfield thinks we tried keeping quiet about an interest In Nathan Brown because of fear Parramatta could offer Papalii a few more dollars 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Honestly, the standard of rugby league journalism in this city is diabolical.
If Parra were to officially offer IP an upgraded contract then they are breaking the NRL rules by making an offer to a contracted player.

Leniu won't come that cheap. going to be plenty of teams in the market for him. going to cost us $500k at least. that said, I think he's worth it. brilliant footballer.

I get your logic, and it makes sense, but Munster would be the catalyst or game changer we need to show other players we are a club good players come to

Lot of talk about star backs RTS ,Munster , Moses etc .These guys would be great signing them would be really difficult even with big overs . However my memory is still fresh about back end of this season and how sides like roosters and raiders humiliated our pack . It was men against boys and that pack was dreadful .I think only one member of that pack survives at least in run on side .Never again the rest and let's not pretend lightweight reggies forwards will make it at Nrl level
Unless we've got a true Ist grade forward line up that is 6 run on and 3 bench then it won't matter how classy some of our backs are .
We don't have 9 great forwards in our roster yet !

Back