Simpkin

GNR4LIFE

Have to say I am underwhelmed. Been waiting and waiting on his running game, but so far it’s non existent. Farah made his debut at the same age and made an immediate impact. So far, he isn’t much better than Liddle, and if Liddle stays on, it shouldn’t be a given that Simpkin will be first choice.

@gnr4life said in [Simpkin](/post/1357721) said:
Have to say I am underwhelmed. Been waiting and waiting on his running game, but so far it’s non existent. Farah made his debut at the same age and made an immediate impact. So far, he isn’t much better than Liddle, and if Liddle stays on, it shouldn’t be a given that Simpkin will be first choice.

He’s 19 and has played 4 games of first grade. Give him a chance.

@avocadoontoast said in [Simpkin](/post/1357723) said:

I am. But given the hype, I was expecting to have shown more. I’m not even seeing glimpses. I have to be honest

Liddle will end up at a club where he's appreciated.
Madge has done everything in his power to alienate the kid.
If you were his manager would you advise him to stay?
He'll be tearing us up with the Roosters next year.

Still only young, needs to go back to reserves to work on his game. Really think we need to throw our money at Brandon Smith.

@gnr4life said in [Simpkin](/post/1357724) said:

I am. But given the hype, I was expecting to have shown more. I’m not even seeing glimpses. I have to be honest

Fair enough too, but we’re a terrible team with a coach that has little to no game plan. He’ll get better

Teams are sending a lot of traffic at him early I have noticed. It could be tiring him out.

Maybe Liddle to start and bring Simpkin on with 20-25 to go?

There's nothing more for him to learn in reserve grade, he was literally leading just about every stat in the competition that's important for a hooker. Only way for him to learn first grade is by playing first grade.

Same goes for Cini, not everyone can be an instant star let's let these guys develop, rookies will have off days. Jake made his two errors but besides that did fine, I don't think he was nearly as bad as he was made out to be.

Serves you right for listening to hype.

@jirskyr said in [Simpkin](/post/1357788) said:

Serves you right for listening to hype.

Its curiosity. Human nature.

@speed2burn said in [Simpkin](/post/1357750) said:
He was bad. Team looked better when Liddle was on

If Liddle was on in the first half, he would have been just as bad. Most of the team was pathetic.

@tcat said in [Simpkin](/post/1357816) said:
@speed2burn said in [Simpkin](/post/1357750) said:
He was bad. Team looked better when Liddle was on

If Liddle was on in the first half, he would have been just as bad. Most of the team was pathetic.

Disagree. Sloppy passes, running game non existent

He’s lucky Cini was worse

When we are on the opposition line, he just can't help himself. He is a hog & needs to get the greedy guts out of his game.

@harvey said in [Simpkin](/post/1357844) said:
When we are on the opposition line, he just can't help himself. He is a hog & needs to get the greedy guts out of his game.

What are you talking about? He ran once close to the line and scored.

I reckon Simpkin would have more teams looking to sign him than Liddle, if he hadn't re-sign with the Tigers last week. Which is probably why he has been called into the 1st grade squad, other teams have noticed him in reserves leading most categories. The kid is 19 & only played 4 1st grade games. And people are expecting Cam Smith.

Yeah, there were a couple of rookie mistakes last night from Simpkin & Cini, but they weren't the reason for the loss. The 18 points in first 13 minutes was the reason. Really 18 points in 4 minutes. Other than that 4 minute span, we were very competitive.

@rah53 said in [Simpkin](/post/1357950) said:
I reckon Simpkin would have more teams looking to sign him than Liddle, if he hadn't re-sign with the Tigers last week. Which is probably why he has been called into the 1st grade squad, other teams have noticed him in reserves leading most categories. **The kid is 19 & only played 4 1st grade games. And people are expecting Cam Smith**.

Yeah, there were a couple of rookie mistakes last night from Simpkin & Cini, but they weren't the reason for the loss. The 18 points in first 13 minutes was the reason. Really 18 points in 4 minutes. Other than that 4 minute span, we were very competitive.

Nobody is expecting Cam Smith. Don't be ridiculous

Back