So now Ben Te'o is a gun.

MacDougall

So Ben Te'o is QLD 18th man. Playing like a house on fire.

Add to that Bronson Harrison and the rest.

Next Dean Collis and John Morris will play for NSW and Halatau will be the Dally M Player of the Year.

So all I can gather is that Sheens can't get these young guys to play at their potential or can't keep them.

This has been yet another reason why our administration needs to be booted.

Te'o was a lazy son of a gun when he was with us. Even up until the end of last year, the Bronco supporters wanted him gone. A few decent games this year won't change my opinion of him

I'm more then happy to rip in where required but this is one player I'm glad to see the back of

Collis was very injury prone - not really WT admin's fault.

However Harrison, Morris and Halatau were all used out of position. Harrison is absolutely smashing it playing as a wide running back-rower, leading on from his junior footy in the centres. Sheens used him as a prop.

Morris is a hooker, if not a lock or a 14\. Sheens used him at 7 for 2 1/2 years and we got no where. Finally he decides Morris is best used as a utility and we win 6 in a row at the back end of 2009.

Halatau also a similar player to Morris. I always thought there was never room for both of them in the team and we should've got rid of one of them years ago, but hey, he hasn't played much footy this year from injury too.

@MacDougall said:

Next Dean Collis and John Morris will play for NSW and Halatau will be the Dally M Player of the Year.

So all I can gather is that Sheens can't get these young guys to play at their potential or can't keep them.

Teo didn't want to stay here so you can't do much about that. Would have been nice to still have Bronson, though. A back row of Bronson, Ellis and Heighno would be great.

Question though is why was he lazy, and why is he killing it now?

I never understood the hatred towards him, then again I dont follow players around 24/7 either pretending to be mates

Yeah i'm not too upset about Te'o though Harrison's a different story and highlights just some of the things Sheens gets wrong.

@innsaneink said:
Question though is why was he lazy, and why is he killing it now?

Exactly. Why do we constantly let go of players who turn into rep players at best and more than often turn into solid first graders (and usually in positions we need players).

I'll never get over Harrison playing prop, or:

8\. Galea
10\. Payne

against Parra.

@TigersFan4Life said:
@MacDougall said:

Teo didn't want to stay here so you can't do much about that. Would have been nice to still have Bronson, though. A back row of Bronson, Ellis and Heighno would be great.

Teo had a very lazy work ethic at the Tigers. It showed on the field as we know. He's improved as he has matured though and is still only very young. Dropping 3-4kg has helped him too, he looks very fit and is actually having a go in a Broncos team which has been up and down.

I didn't like the way he wen't around town whoring himself to 15 other clubs chasing the big $$$.

@lukic said:
i'll never get over harrison playing prop, or:

8\. Galea
10\. Payne
against parra.

i am sick of sheens thinking lighter is better it aint 2005 anymore tim.galea and payne at prop please that one took the cake.

Ben Te'o was very good for the tigers 2 years ago until he started negotiating his own contract. it affected his form and seemed to affect his commitment on the field too, putting team mates and fans offside (culminating in that infamous incident with heighington at leichhardt)
in short te'o was always a gun. he just seems to have regained his focus, he obviously never wanted to stay with the tigers anyway.
oh and a huge LOL at him being a 'queenslander' i dont think he had ever been to queensland before the tigers sent him to keebra park.

@innsaneink said:
@Mrs T said:
Is he even a Queenslander? I thought he was a Kiwi!

Yes hes Kiwi but pledged allegiance to QLD, saw in on last weeks footy show

I thought it was state of origin not state of allegiance… We're talking about someone who:

- Was born in NZ
- Moved from NZ to a NSW team
- Played tests for Samoa
- Has lived in Qld for a year and a half

And that qualifies you to play for Queensland? What's the point of having rules - NSW might as well pick Burgess and Ellis and be done with it.

Seriously, what a joke...

Oh you also forgot to mention them letting go jarrod saffy who has been in good form.
oh and im sure danny galea will be playing state of origin so aswell…

@magpie mania said:
@lukic said:
i'll never get over harrison playing prop, or:

8\. Galea
10\. Payne
against parra.

i am sick of sheens thinking lighter is better it aint 2005 anymore tim.galea and payne at prop please that one took the cake.

we did have Lima, Tandy and cashmere but never given a go

@Yossarian said:
@innsaneink said:
@Mrs T said:

I thought it was state of origin not state of allegiance… We're talking about someone who:

- Was born in NZ
- Played tests for Samoa

And that qualifies you to play for Queensland? What's the point of having rules - NSW might as well pick Burgess and Ellis and be done with it.

I dunno mate just relaying what I heard, wasnt really paying much atatention….but we all know where youre born is tha least reqmnt

@Yossarian said:
@innsaneink said:
@Mrs T said:

- Was born in NZ
- Played tests for Samoa

Played his first senior game for Keebra Park High…

Ben Te'o Dreams Of Maroon
Steve Ricketts
http://www.couriermail.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
6/05/2010 11:26:58 AM

BRONCOS utility Ben Te'o says he has never wavered in his desire to play for Queensland despite regular overtures from the New Zealand Rugby League.

Te'o, one of the form players in a disappointing Brisbane outfit, is eligible to play for the Maroons despite the fact he was born in New Zealand and has represented the Junior Kiwis.

The 23-year-old said yesterday he was not fazed by the prospect of criticism from both sides of the Tasman after getting the all clear from the Australian Rugby League.

``Ever since 2008 I have been approached by the Kiwis and I've stepped back,'' Te'o said.

``It's not like I have been pursuing both. I made a decision three years ago.

``It was a bit of a gamble because if Queensland didn't want me, and I had knocked back the Kiwis, I was nowhere.''

**QRL managing director Ross Livermore said Te'o was eligible because he had not played for New Zealand since his junior days and the fact he represented a developing league nation _ Samoa _ in the 2008 World Cup, meant the slate had been wiped clean.**

Livermore said Queensland coach Mal Meninga had been impressed with Te'o's form and the fact he could play centre, lock or second row made him an ideal interchange player.

Te'o, whose father is Samoan and mother British, said he had supported Queensland growing up in New Zealand and had maintained his passion for the Maroons at Keebra Park High.

After playing second row in the 30-22 loss to Newcastle, Te'o is back at centre for Sunday's away match against Melbourne.

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=25360&ben-te%27o-dreams-of-maroon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Members online

Back