You me at Six
Whitechapel
The Aquabats
Rolo Tomassi
Baroness
RX Bandits
Maximum the Hormone
The Creepshow

- All Time Low back for their third time in two years .. having only toured in June this year.
- Jane's Addiction on the line up after pulling out of Splendour In The Grass at the last minute

WHO'S GOING?

@Tap Twist Snap said:
Faith No More… i'm there!

Last saw them in 1998 on their last Australian tour. Awesome band. They reformed earlier this year and have been playing some big festivals across Europe.

Paramore get me there. My Chemical Romance Taking Back Sunday and The Almost give me even more reason to go. Unfortunately nowhere near as good as last years line up.

I said to my friend at this years Soundwave. You watch, next year, Alexisonfire will be back coz theyre releasing an album mid way through the year, which btw, is excellent, and to top it off, I so wish Dance Gavin Dance would play next year. And they both are. Sooooooooooooooooooooo stoked about DGD.

Bands that get me there: (in some sort of order)
Alexisonfire for suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure
Dance Gavin Dance
Emarosa
All Time Low (saw them in June … so good!)
A Day To Remember
The Almost
Paramore
Four Year Strong
Taking Back Sunday
Devil Wears Prada
You Me At Six
AFI
then the rest...

Out of this year ... Forever The Sickest Kids, Underoath, Alesana and Chiodos were the bestttt

Omg sooooo pumped! I wanna marry this lineup.

I heard a rumour that the organisers are cutting it down from 6 stages to 3 or 4 and only releasing one announcement. Some of the stages this year were tinyyyyy but I reckon you need those small stages coz I saw bands like Valencia and Houston Calls who I hadnt heard much of before and now I love em.

Who went this year?

@Hit or Miss said:
Also heard talk that Unwritten Law and No Doubt might be added later. Either way, i will be there as usuall.

No Doubt were on a supposed "leaked" list earlier in the day. I was hoping Blink 182 might make the trip.

@Tigerpete said:
@Hit or Miss said:
Also heard talk that Unwritten Law and No Doubt might be added later. Either way, i will be there as usuall.

No Doubt were on a supposed "leaked" list earlier in the day. I was hoping Blink 182 might make the trip.

Pete, im with you on Blink 182\. Was saying to my mate how good it would be for them to be announced. Heres hoping.

Heard a rumour that Blink and/or Eminem are headlining Big Day Out.

I doubt Blink will tour until this time next year if not later.

Can't wait for the Sidewaves to be announced. Hopefully they group the bands well like last year and dont schedule two popular ones on the same night. I went to Finch+Silverstein+Chiodos+Anberlin and Alesana+Funeral For A Friend+From First To Last+Underoath last year but missed the Forever The Sickest Kids one cause it was on the same night as Chiodos.

My dream sideshow would be Alexisonfire + Dance Gavin Dance + Emarosa + A Day To Remember … but that'll never happen because of the Jonny Craig situation with DGD and Emarosa. I'd say Alexis will do a show with Anti Flag & maybe Four Year Strong as theyre touring with them through Europe over October and November.

I reckon All Time Low, Four Year Strong, Reel Big Fish and Taking Back Sunday sideshow would be insaaaaaaane.

Ok I'm rambling now. Cant waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit for Soundwave!

Oh .. and PEARL JAM ARE BACK IN SYDNEY ON NOVEMBER 22!!!!!!!

Wow, a few bands making comebacks. FNM, Jane's Addiction, Sunny Day Real Estate, Get up Kids…and then some

Will prob miss next years, but will definitely get to the sidewaves for Paramore and Get Up Kids. Saw GUK with Saves The Day a few years back, one of the best gigs I've been too.

PEARL JAM ARE BACK IN SYDNEY ON NOVEMBER 22!!!!!!!

Best thing to happen all year.

@T91 said:

Except its with Ben Harper as support. *Kill me*

I reckon an aussie rock band like Birds of Tokyo or Karnivool or Something With Numbers or someone like that wouldve been more appropriate. But Bn Harper and Eddie Vedder did a mad duet of Indifference on the Live At The Garden DVD.

SFS is gonna be a sickkkkk venue I reckon.

I like this for a potential sidewave….Paramore-The Get Up Kids-The Almost

Please!

@T91 said:

Only if they play their old stuff. Their new stuff is far too mellow for my liking.

@willow said:
@T91 said:

Only if they play their old stuff. Their new stuff is far too mellow for my liking.

Their new song The Fixer is a bunch of crap haha. What happened to the likes of good songs such as Porch, Rearviewmirror, Given To Fly, Go etc etc. I so hope they dont play a cop out setlist of Daughter, Betterman, Alive, Evenflow, Last Kiss, The Fixer etc. I went to their 3 Sydney shows in 2006 and over the three shows they pretty much covered around 80% of their stuff which I was pretty happy with. Over the 3 gigs they played 6 of the same songs at each one .. those more well known ones listed above plus World Wide Suicide and Life Wasted as they were touring with the new album.

Their new song The Fixer is a bunch of crap

I don't think it's too bad.. Eddie's voice definitely isn't as strong as it once was but years of rocking will do that to you :stuck_out_tongue:

I so hope they dont play a cop out setlist of Daughter, Betterman, Alive, Evenflow, Last Kiss, The Fixer

I think that will be the case as there will be only one concert in each major city so the most popular songs will be a priority but I don't care… they're some of my favourite songs. Just make sure they include Black & Jeremy and I'm set.

@T91 said:
I think that will be the case as there will be only one concert in each major city so the most popular songs will be a priority but I don't care… they're some of my favourite songs. Just make sure they include Black & Jeremy and I'm set.

I'm still not convinced theyll only one show per city. Theyve left 4-5 days between each gig … more than enough time to release more shows! They originally started off with one Sydney show in 06 and playd 3 plus added a Newcastle show.

Sunny Day Real Estate is all that interests me. I hope they do a full tour or at least a couple of sideshows.

Back