Stefano Utoikamanu #241

Just like Hastings he’s caught Wests Tigeritis.

Players just get worse when they get here.

Watch how good Leilua looks in a month from now.

Any ideas as to why this guy has fallen so far short of expectations?

The expectations were too high. That is the no 1 issue. It was so obvious he was overrated when peeps were stating sign him up on anything he wants.

He wasn't bad last week. Him and Musgrove are the only two guys we have who can dent the line. Stef is better than Musgrove.

As others have stated he has had some injury concerns as well.

I'd also add that he is a big guy who I think needs consistent footy to get into his groove.

He'll be fine but he isn't Hass or Taumolo.

The expectations were too high. That is the no 1 issue. It was so obvious he was overrated when peeps were stating sign him up on anything he wants.

He wasn't bad last week. Him and Musgrove are the only two guys we have who can dent the line. Stef is better than Musgrove.

As others have stated he has had some injury concerns as well.

I'd also add that he is a big guy who I think needs consistent footy to get into his groove.

He'll be fine but he isn't Hass or Taumolo.
Agree, improved last week, no concern here just a mix of injury, lack of match fitness and ye olde second year syndrome.

A while ago I started a thread citing that players that were good elsewhere come to tigers and flop and vice versa players ordinary at tigers go elsewhere and improve significantly. Called it coaching and retention and the examples keep growing

A while ago I started a thread citing that players that were good elsewhere come to tigers and flop and vice versa players ordinary at tigers go elsewhere and improve significantly. Called it coaching and retention and the examples keep growing
Paid well for no accountabilty and all pressure on the coach. The exact opposite of what happens at successful clubs.

Agree. Although I don’t know if it’s just coaching and retention.

Senior players set the standards and our senior players are Nofa and Brooks. I don’t remember this being so prevalent when Farah was captaining the club.

This is why I wanted us to sign the likes of Finucane. Hopefully Koroisau helps with this but he’s only one guy.

He has no mentor at this club. No one to help him prepare, play and recover from a game as a prop. I thought Tamou would provide this but he obviously either doesn’t, or can’t impart trade secrets well enough. Raw talent only gets you so far and for a bloke playing in the toughest position on the field, he is screaming for help.
I’ve seen posters claim we will build our pack around him next year. He ain’t ready for leadership by a long mile.
We need to sign two 5+ year NRL veteran props for next year, with one hopefully an international, who can take him under their wings and bring him on.
Failure to do so will see another shit year from him.

No offense but if he needs someone to teach him how to tie his boots he is useless.

He will be fine.
It’s not about that.
Props take years to develop in first grade. He needs experience beside him to show him the way. From reports his eyes were opened wide during that origin camp last year. He needs more of the same.

Luci looked good last week off the bench for the Cows....Hastings is carrying a foot injury and before you critique me,if Hastings wasnt in the last few games the for and against would be reaching a negative 500...!!!

It’s not about that.
Props take years to develop in first grade. He needs experience beside him to show him the way. From reports his eyes were opened wide during that origin camp last year. He needs more of the same.

I think he just needs some quality players around him. Stef will come good though.

Luci looked good last week off the bench for the Cows....Hastings is carrying a foot injury and before you critique me,if Hastings wasnt in the last few games the for and against would be reaching a negative 500...!!!
I’m a Hastings fan, I think his injury is hampering him and he gets a pass from me for being MOM in our only 3 wins.

However, if the squad keeps getting destroyed he may never be cured from Wests Tigeritis and suffer the same fate as Brooks.

Reactions: BZN
Played 22 mins made 21 tackles. Working up to full fitness. This guy is someone to build a team around, no doubt. A 21yo prop won’t win you a game though, still needs quality teammates.

Members online

Back