Thank you Dragoons ground announcer...

steven_tiger

and Channel 9 for allowing the result of our game to be known with 20 minutes to go in the first game.

Clear as day:

"Tigers 28 Bulldogs 6"… big cheer from the Dragons fans.

Not long after:

"Tigers 34 Bulldogs 6" ... even bigger cheer from Dragons fans.

Surely Channel 9 would have cut that out?

It was also clearly heard that the ground announcer said something along the lines of:

"The Dragons with the JJ Giltenin (spelling?) shield..."

Morons... :deadhorse:

i didnt hear it,though i do try not to listen to the ground announcer when possible, it has ruined a couple of games for me,

IMO the comp is down to 2 teams, dragons and titans the rest are making up the numbers

@steven_tiger said:
and Channel 9 for allowing the result of our game to be known with 20 minutes to go in the first game.

Clear as day:

Not long after:

It was also clearly heard that the ground announcer said something along the lines of:

How can they cut it out, it was a live game!!

@Tigermac said:
@steven_tiger said:

Clear as day:

Not long after:

How can they cut it out, it was a live game!!

there is like a 10 second delay these days, it known as "the heignington delay"

Theres a bit of a delay, 10 or 15 seconds I believe, I notice it when i have a live game on TV and sometimes the radio broadcast is on in the kitchen.

Very annoying Im sure.

Showing Bennett and all the photographers on the ground made me think twice about it but i just put it out of my head :stuck_out_tongue:

@djm619 said:
Showing Bennett and all the photographers on the ground made me think twice about it but i just put it out of my head :stuck_out_tongue:

there was never a doubt in my mind about this game i knew we would win and win easily, the dogs are nothing without kimmorly, he makes players like stagg eastwood hodgson idris warburton look better then what they are, much like andrew johns did with the knights, put kimmorly in our team and we would probably lose 2 games all year

I did notice towards the end of broadcast of the tigers-dogs match that Andew Voss(how annoying is this man) kept referring to the Dragons beating the eels.

Was our match live in queensland, or did the Dragons - eels match go live in NSW and QLD

@Tigermac said:
I did notice towards the end of broadcast of the tigers-dogs match that Andew Voss(how annoying is this man) kept referring to the Dragons beating the eels.

Was our match live in queensland, or did the Dragons - eels match go live in NSW and QLD

Dragons/Eels was live in both states. Vossy wouldn't have been given the score of the other game if our was first.

this is exactly why I muted the game with 20 minutes to go with eels getting smashed and left the room and not enter till someone else told me the tigers game was starting

had i seen the end and the fans pointed number 1 with their fingers and bennett cheering the crowd I would immediately know We had won our game.

Also I turn my phone off as well :slight_smile: Gotta plan not being spoilt in these situations

I knew we had won before our game started but the ground announcer thought did come into my head and i was wondering whether it would get picked up on tv.

You could also tell by the way the Dragons were doin a lap of honour and applauding their fans with Benny having a half a smile on his face that they had finished 1st.

Get yourself a decent internet and you can watch it live online… Then you dont have to worry about anything being spoilt :smiley:

@red dogg said:
should of been at the game anyway, we were grossly out numbered …........

Yeah… sorry for not taking the day off work to drive 6 - 7 hours to watch a regular season game.

Taking day off work: -$250 +
Ticket to game: -$30
Accomodation: -$100+
Fuel: -$100+
Food: -$50+

How much of a bad supporter am I? I should have spent/lost over $500 to watch my team play a regular season game when we can't make the finals.

:brick:

I heard the announcer when they announced 34-6 kind of wrecked it but i still stayed up to watch the last game of the season for us.

@steven_tiger said:
Yeah… sorry for not taking the day off work to drive 6 - 7 hours to watch a regular season game.

Taking day off work: -$250 +
Ticket to game: -$30
Accomodation: -$100+
Fuel: -$100+
Food: -$50+

How much of a bad supporter am I? I should have spent/lost over $500 to watch my team play a regular season game when we can't make the finals.

:brick:

Damm, makes my excuse of 1 hr drive + peak hour traffic look pretty lame now!!!!!!!

@anderson silva said:
i didnt hear it,though i do try not to listen to the ground announcer when possible, it has ruined a couple of games for me,

IMO the comp is down to 2 teams, dragons and titans the rest are making up the numbers

Gone off a bit early there - i think you can add Manly and Melbourne.

the celebrations by the dragons after the game gave me a hint, but I didn't hear the ground announcer (but then again I don't listen to the commentators much either - prefer my own commentary - much more accurate!)

@anderson silva said:

Dragons - yes
Titans - no, they are pretty average away from Goldie.

Back