THE AMBUSH - Show Your Stripes..

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
We are pleased to announce the introduction of The Ambush -Show Your Stripes..

The Ambush is a group of Wests Tigers members and fans working in partnership with the Wests Tigers to provide increased membership and fan engagement, game day experiences, events and associated activities throughout the 2021 NRL season.

We aim to create a community of passionate Wests Tigers supporters who can come together and experience an improved and more engaging game day experience for both Home and Away Matches.

As Such our 1st Event will be..

Round 3 – Venue - Wests Ashfield on Sunday 28th March
V Newcastle Knights

* Starting time - 2pm

* Guest speaker Q and A - 3pm

* Food and Beverage Discounts

* Giveaways

* Game commences - 4pm

Hope to see you there...

@geo said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1315313) said:

The Ambush is a group of Wests Tigers members and fans working in partnership with the Wests Tigers to provide increased membership and fan engagement, game day experiences, events and associated activities throughout the 2021 NRL season.

We aim to create a community of passionate Wests Tigers supporters who can come together and experience an improved and more engaging game day experience for both Home and Away Matches.

V Newcastle Knights

* Starting time - 2pm

* Giveaways

* Game commences - 4pm

Hope to see you there...

love it

V Newcastle Knights

* Starting time - 2pm

* Giveaways

* Game commences - 4pm

Hope to see you there...

Cool Goodstuff !

V Newcastle Knights

* Starting time - 2pm

* Giveaways

* Game commences - 4pm

Hope to see you there...

Anyone who is looking to watch the game with others, come along to this event. There will be a number of us from the forum in attendance, so it will also be a good chance to meet some others who are passionate about our club.

Great work to everyone involved.
Listened about it on the pod and thought it was great iniative. I think if its driven by fans, with support of WT, its more authentic and will have a better chance of being embraced.

I'm in Melbourne so can't attend, but thumbs up from me!

@frullens said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1315878) said:
Listened about it on the pod and thought it was great iniative. I think if its driven by fans, with support of WT, its more authentic and will have a better chance of being embraced.

A lot of effort has gone into getting this up and running, some members of this forum have been heavily involved and it looks like it will be a good initiative.

@cochise said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1315937) said:

A lot of effort has gone into getting this up and running, some members of this forum have been heavily involved and it looks like it will be a good initiative.

Great idea, nothing this week though with the leagues club next door?

@gallagher said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1315940) said:

We are starting with an away game in a sense to get people together to watch the game whereas a home game most would be attending the Game..

There will be future events targeting both home and away games Round 9 v Gold Coast at Cambelltown will be one..Games at Leichhardt and Bankwest will also have events at venues close to the Ground...

No mate. Soft launch. Round 3 first event. But will definitely make an effort to run events across Sydney and maybe regional when we get some traction

@geo said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1315944) said:

We are starting with an away game in a sense to get people together to watch the game whereas a home game most would be attending the Game..

There will be future events targeting both home and away games Round 9 v Gold Coast at Cambelltown will be one..Games at Leichhardt and Bankwest will also have events at venues close to the Ground...

Are Bandwagoners invited?

@hobbo1 said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1315947) said:

Are Bandwagoners invited?

All Welcome..

I think @TrueTiger may have mentioned something about a couple of drinks and a pre match bite to eat this Sunday at Wests before we head next door and pluck them chooks.

@hank37w said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1315969) said:

I think @TrueTiger may have mentioned something about a couple of drinks and a pre match bite to eat this Sunday at Wests before we head next door and pluck them chooks.

Yes mate,I will be at the Wests Leagues bistro for lunch and drinks then off to the game....pm me a phone number if you would like to meet up for a chat...

Great initiative! Hopefully the team puts that one behind them and competes a bit more this weekend. Might even Ambush a few teams as the season rolls on. ?

Cochise I organised a meet and greet a couple of times,I had a fantastic first one about 5 years ago at Campo with quite a few forum members in attendance..I tried to get a palyer or two who werent playing on the day as well as J.Taylor to come and give us a Qand A but was left dissapointed at the last minute with the answer that no players or officials are available on game day...so sad the club couldnt at least allow someone to come and chat for about 20 mins..All in all it was a great day out and Im glad the club and members have now made the effort to welcome all members and supporters and become more transparent to members requests and inituiatives...

There was quite a few of us one year zig... Yiu me Newtown, tiger steve... Couple other slips my mind now

Who's in charge of behaviour and crowd control Geo?
If we get a peanut ref like Sutton last week screwing us you may have your hands full 🤣

Back