The legacy of Benji Marshall and Chris Lawrence

Madge

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/09/24/the-legacy-of-marshall-and-lawrence/

@Madge said in [The legacy of Benji Marshall and Chris Lawrence](/post/1237462) said:
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/09/24/the-legacy-of-marshall-and-lawrence/

I’m peeling onions, it’s just onions I tell you.

The sad thing for me is I won't remember anything Benji did in the NRL after 2012. That is eight wasted seasons. Probably for the best I forget him crying on the NRL Footy Show because Beau and Heighno were leaving.

Rowdy, on the other hand, I will remember him as a fighter who toppled the highest of adversity. Even after his bad run of injuries, he was more than serviceable. One of his best games was in 2018 when he belted Brodie Croft time after time, spoiling Billy Slater's 300th game and Craig Bellamy's 400th games a a coach. I hope he gets brought in for motivational speaking at certain times of the year. Maybe with his fitness-related business he can join the boys for pre-season a few days of the year.

great to see the tigers finally did something for these guys well done Tigers!!! Jacob Liddle speaks very well and articulate, would love to see him in a leadership role

I can see why Mbye is captain. He speaks well and is likeable.
I'll miss both these blokes playing, won't be the same without them. Won't miss Benji's passes to the 5th row (of the) grandstand though :)

Great to watch that video.

Really loved hearing Blore talk about Lawrence and how he took him under his wing. Great reflection of who Rowdy is as a person but was also a real mature thing to say from Blore.

Well done all round - rip in Saturday boys!

The video was really pleasant to listen to and how much the squad admire our veterans for what the do on and off the field....the boys all spoke well,but that Harry Grant is a bottler of a bloke,if he leaves us I honestly wish him the very best in whatever he does in the future,skys the limit for that champion young man...

@tiger_scott said in [The legacy of Benji Marshall and Chris Lawrence](/post/1237477) said:
**I can see why Mbye is captain. He speaks well and is likeable.**
I'll miss both these blokes playing, won't be the same without them. Won't miss Benji's passes to the 5th row (of the) grandstand though :)

He speaks impressively - the exact opposite to how he plays. Can see why he was appealing for captain material though.

Loved watching this.
There's probably a generation of players who dare to dream due to Benji's influence.
As for Rowdy probably the toughest Tiger ever...for the number of hospital balls he's received alone. Was always the ultimate professional.
But in all seriousness, both played with heart and soul for the Tigers and I wish them nothing but the best.

Great Video of current players however missing a few from the squad would of though could of included all current players?
Good to hear them speak as well not often that you have most of the squad interacting

Reynolds, Packer - Did they leave early again.
Leilua brothers ???
Twal/Taylor/Musgrove/Aloiai/Walters.
Surely could have organized them all to say something????

Let's get the win this weekend....

The best thing they could do is to send them off as winners against the Slimey one's

@Geo said in [The legacy of Benji Marshall and Chris Lawrence](/post/1237561) said:
The best thing they could do is to send them off as winners against the Slimey one's

It would be a great statement, considering these types of games are usually the most embarrassing ones in our history. 50-20 is the more likely result.

@Geo said in [The legacy of Benji Marshall and Chris Lawrence](/post/1237561) said:

Like we sent Robbie out on top ...umm

@happy_tiger said in [The legacy of Benji Marshall and Chris Lawrence](/post/1237565) said:

Slimey lover

@Geo said in [The legacy of Benji Marshall and Chris Lawrence](/post/1237571) said:
@happy_tiger said in [The legacy of Benji Marshall and Chris Lawrence](/post/1237565) said:

Slimey lover

Eagle boy

@happy_tiger said in [The legacy of Benji Marshall and Chris Lawrence](/post/1237572) said:
@Geo said in [The legacy of Benji Marshall and Chris Lawrence](/post/1237571) said:

Slimey lover

Eagle boy

youtube.com/watch?v=ehH9OQMQXIk

Well done Boys - appreciate your efforts over many years.

Would love to see you guys go out as winners in your last game for the tigers.

* Lot riding on this - would be good to win for Rowdy and Benji.
* Would be good to beat the slimeballs.
* Would be good to pay back "The Tanker" and "The Sook."
* Would be good to win to payback Wicky who has dropped 9 players because he thinks we can't win.

Go you Mighty Tigers!!!!

Back