Thing’s that make you laugh!! 😂

Cairnstigers

New member
Joined
Feb 7, 2018
Messages
4,597
What’s the difference between a tire and 365 used condoms?

One’s a Goodyear. The other’s a great year.
 

Cairnstigers

New member
Joined
Feb 7, 2018
Messages
4,597
3 guys buy a bike off a man for $30.00
They pay $10 each
The next day the man who sold the bike got a guilty conscience and decides to give $5 back to the guys
He give his son the $5 and tells him to go give it back to them
But the boy decides to keep $2 for himself
He gives the 3 men $3 back
This means that each man has now paid $9 each
Add the $2 The boy has kept and that adds up to $29
Where did the other $1 go

Don't give away the answer if you know
If you think you know then try and answer the ?
This should be fun
 

mike

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 28, 2010
Messages
11,882
Location
Gladesville
@Cairnstigers said in [Dad Humour](/post/1094941) said:
3 guys buy a bike off a man for $30.00
They pay $10 each
The next day the man who sold the bike got a guilty conscience and decides to give $5 back to the guys
He give his son the $5 and tells him to go give it back to them
But the boy decides to keep $2 for himself
He gives the 3 men $3 back
This means that each man has now paid $9 each
Add the $2 The boy has kept and that adds up to $29
Where did the other $1 go

Don't give away the answer if you know
If you think you know then try and answer the ?
This should be fun

It didn’t go anywhere. The logic is incorrect. There is now only $25 ($30-$5) that the Man has, so the target is $25. 3x9=27 minus the 2 dollars the son kept 27-2=25. Or to put it another way the amount the man and son has in total is $27 (25+2). This is the amount the three guys have paid. 3x9=27.
 

Tim Sheens

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 7, 2013
Messages
10,821
Location
formerguest
@mike said in [Dad Humour](/post/1094943) said:
This is the amount the three guys have paid. 3x9=27.

Indeed, the three are now $9 out of pocket each, being $27 in total between them. Plus the $2 in the son's pocket =$29
 

westTAHger

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
5,195
What did the cowboy say when he walked into a German car showroom ?
"Audi"
 

TieDye

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 12, 2019
Messages
2,156
Location
Great Southern Land
@formerguest said in [Dad Humour](/post/1094945) said:
@mike said in [Dad Humour](/post/1094943) said:
This is the amount the three guys have paid. 3x9=27.

Indeed, the three are now $9 out of pocket each, being $27 in total between them. Plus the $2 in the son's pocket =$29

Care to answer this now, as for mine - applying the logic you instructed then the missing dollar must’ve been dropped Or I tend to side with @mike ’s view the logic is off.
 

Tim Sheens

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 7, 2013
Messages
10,821
Location
formerguest
@TieDye said in [Dad Humour](/post/1095784) said:
@formerguest said in [Dad Humour](/post/1094945) said:
@mike said in [Dad Humour](/post/1094943) said:
This is the amount the three guys have paid. 3x9=27.

Indeed, the three are now $9 out of pocket each, being $27 in total between them. Plus the $2 in the son's pocket =$29

Care to answer this now, as for mine - applying the logic you instructed then the missing dollar must’ve been dropped Or I tend to side with @mike ’s view the logic is off.

It is a reverse mathematical anomaly where the logic works both ways and there are many starting figures that you can substitute and come up with the same result.
 

JD Tiger

New member
Joined
Jun 13, 2017
Messages
5,356
@Cairnstigers said in [Dad Humour](/post/1094941) said:
3 guys buy a bike off a man for $30.00
They pay $10 each
The next day the man who sold the bike got a guilty conscience and decides to give $5 back to the guys
He give his son the $5 and tells him to go give it back to them
But the boy decides to keep $2 for himself
He gives the 3 men $3 back
This means that each man has now paid $9 each
Add the $2 The boy has kept and that adds up to $29
Where did the other $1 go

Don't give away the answer if you know
If you think you know then try and answer the ?
This should be fun

Ive seen this sort of thing before, and I'm usually pretty good with these. But it's still got me thinking so good work.

Did the men pay 27 or 28, because both numbers seem correct, but that can't be.
 

TieDye

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 12, 2019
Messages
2,156
Location
Great Southern Land
@formerguest said in [Dad Humour](/post/1095786) said:
@TieDye said in [Dad Humour](/post/1095784) said:
@formerguest said in [Dad Humour](/post/1094945) said:
@mike said in [Dad Humour](/post/1094943) said:
This is the amount the three guys have paid. 3x9=27.

Indeed, the three are now $9 out of pocket each, being $27 in total between them. Plus the $2 in the son's pocket =$29

Care to answer this now, as for mine - applying the logic you instructed then the missing dollar must’ve been dropped Or I tend to side with @mike ’s view the logic is off.

It is a reverse mathematical anomaly where the logic works both ways and there are many starting figures that you can substitute and come up with the same result

Very nice!! As I initially thought when double checking the equation, was able to work both
 

TCL

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 28, 2016
Messages
3,373
@JD-Tiger said in [Dad Humour](/post/1095796) said:
@Cairnstigers said in [Dad Humour](/post/1094941) said:
3 guys buy a bike off a man for $30.00
They pay $10 each
The next day the man who sold the bike got a guilty conscience and decides to give $5 back to the guys
He give his son the $5 and tells him to go give it back to them
But the boy decides to keep $2 for himself
He gives the 3 men $3 back
This means that each man has now paid $9 each
Add the $2 The boy has kept and that adds up to $29
Where did the other $1 go

Don't give away the answer if you know
If you think you know then try and answer the ?
This should be fun

Ive seen this sort of thing before, and I'm usually pretty good with these. But it's still got me thinking so good work.

Did the men pay 27 or 28, because both numbers seem correct, but that can't be.

It’s math it doesn’t make sense it’s just math.

Put it this way, If the bike had of been $25 they would have actually paid $8.3333333333333....... each. Essentially they got ripped off by .67c (to work in round figures). Multiply the .67c by 3 and you get the $2 bucks the kid pocketed.
 

cktiger

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
5,737
Yesterday I saw an ad that read ...
'Radio for sale , only $1. Volume stuck on full"
I thought to myself ' I can't turn that down".
 

beachtiger

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
665
Location
Sunshine Coast
A ranger sees a bloke walking down the street carrying a penguin and asks the bloke where he got it, bloke says he just found it walking down the road. Ranger tells the bloke to take the penguin to the zoo.
Next day the ranger sees the same bloke with the penguin again and says to the bloke, “I thought I told you to take that penguin to the zoo”, bloke says to the ranger, “I did mate that was yesterday, today I’m taking him to the movies”!
 

mike

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 28, 2010
Messages
11,882
Location
Gladesville
Why does the Mushroom get invited to all the parties? Because he is a fun-guy !!! (I’ll let myself out)
 

Demps

Moderator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Messages
27,353
Location
Newcastle 🥷
@beachtiger said in [Dad Humour](/post/1095915) said:
A ranger sees a bloke walking down the street carrying a penguin and asks the bloke where he got it, bloke says he just found it walking down the road. Ranger tells the bloke to take the penguin to the zoo.
Next day the ranger sees the same bloke with the penguin again and says to the bloke, “I thought I told you to take that penguin to the zoo”, bloke says to the ranger, “I did mate that was yesterday, today I’m taking him to the movies”!

😂😂😂
 

happy_tiger

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
61,949
@mike said in [Dad Humour](/post/1095962) said:
Why does the Mushroom get invited to all the parties? Because he is a fun-guy !!! (I’ll let myself out)

And I thought I emptied swamp lol
 
Top