This whole drama...

TurnStyle

I've kept out of it for the most part but would like to say just a few points - that are of course simply my opinion:

- so much of this whole issue seems to me to be based on hearsay and to be honest the whole "he said this, etc." mentality feels a bit high school to me. I wish everyone would handle it with the maturity Potter has so we can all just get on with more important things…

- as a coach, all I ever recall about Brian Smith is going to different clubs creating enormous discontent in the playing group. Sounds to me like a case of the Kettle calling the Pot(ter) black!!

I've never read a positive opinion about him and this year everything seems to have had it's conception at his report.
all I have seen is media being the media and them saying what was supposedly in Smith's report. How did they find this information? Looks to me like Smith destabilising yet another club, but again, that's just my opinion based on his history.

- none of the conjecture on Potter's future has come from WT, has it? I kind of feel people are demanding action from Mayer when he hasn't even done anything? Why comment on things he hasn't even propagated in the first place?! I don't think it's their job to address (hopefully) unfounded rumours and they should maintain integrity.
I really believe the club has come along in giant strides the last 2 years and think the administration has earned a bit more faith than a lot of people are showing right now.

- Gordon Tallis seems a respectable guy to me who stands by what he says. But Matt Johns saying he was responsible for Potter still having his job is ridiculous.

- I really hope Potter keeps his job, but at the end of the day I'm not there and know only the results I have seen as a fan; in my opinion I just don't know what more the guy could do or what people expect...

- it'll all blow over soon enough. No one is talking about Carney any more and this won't last either. I say let it run it's course and keep our focus on the big picture: I hope that's what the decision makers are doing!

Back