Thurston dummy spit

matty_tiepie

Did everyone see thurstons big dummy spit when they called that paas forward on sunday. he kept swearing and carrying on like a schoolgirl. i for 1 thought it was very funny. the way he went on he should have been binned. i wonder if he will get any fine or something over the outburst. great player but a real whinger to say the least

yeah i remember last year when he kept whinging to the ref at Leichardt…. then the crowd started chanting 'thurstons a w*****' ....

He's been doing it for years. Refer back to the 2005 GF for how he carried on back then to see that its not a recent thing

A great player but not one iota of sportsmanship

I would of been frustrated too. His team must of bombed literally six tries in the last 20 minutes.

I don't see it as a lack of sportsmanship at all…. whinger maybe...

I think it's great to see a player with so much heart, however he deserves to be reprimanded for how he carried on... mind you, so should the linesman and the ref.

The linesman on the opposite side of the field called it!! What the? The pass was fine too... Cowboys got robbed!

Its unfortunately highlighted the massive double standards that exist with our referees today. Some players are getting binned for silly remarks, while players like Thurston can go mental and have nothing done to them.

I still maintain that as an 'alleged' role model Thurston should know better

@wtffl2005 said:
I dont mind it

it shows he wants to win

Agree 100%. I love JT, he makes me laugh.

I particulary loved the clutching of the headgear, I thought he was going to flop down on the ground and retreat to the foetal position!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

@Tigermac said:
@wtffl2005 said:
I dont mind it

it shows he wants to win

I particulary loved the clutching of the headgear, I thought he was going to flop down on the ground and retreat to the foetal position!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

haha me too. I thought it was great lol

He will miss one week unless he fights the chanrge and wins, otherwise an early guilt plea will see him miss a match.

I think you will find this is just the start of what we will see this year. I talk to a few Players and Managers and they have said the players have NO Confidence in the Referees at the moment. The problem will probably come to a head this year, and unless the NRL starts making the Officials accountable, the players are gona start taking matters further and push the boundaries. They have had enough!

While there is a few Captains(Campese, Prince & Anasta) who Referees might have the guts to march for desent, not many Referee's will challenge the likes of Darren Lockyer and Petro Civinoceva. 1 high profile Reporter who is well respected in Qld has told me Petro is very unhappy and is ready to blow…

@Alf Duguid said:
Its unfortunately highlighted the massive double standards that exist with our referees today. Some players are getting binned for silly remarks, while players like Thurston can go mental and have nothing done to them.

The real role models - if theyre doing their jobs properly - should be telling the easily influenced that Thurstons (who btw is a pro footy player, not a role model) actions were not appropriate

@innsaneink said:
@Alf Duguid said:

The real role models - if theyre doing their jobs properly - should be telling the easily influenced that Thurstons **(who btw is a pro footy player, not a role model)** actions were not appropriate

I can't express enough how much I agree with this. I am sick of hearing about how anyone in the spotlight is a role model for our kids. The parents are the role models not blokes who play footy for a living.

@wtffl2005 said:
I dont mind it

it shows he wants to win

Agree 100% would some of you be carrying on if Benji or Robbie did the same?

The bloke gives every game all he's got. Can understand him blowing up when they come up with the winning play only to have it snuffed out by poor refereeing.

hahahaha the overrated hack actually gets suspended im sure if it was a QLD game next week he wouldn't though

@Golden said:
hahahaha the overrated hack actually gets suspended im sure if it was a QLD game next week he wouldn't though

Love to see who you think is a quality player seeing as though you have said for years now that JT is an "overated hack".

Come on now ….regail us with your wisdom.

@stryker said:
@Golden said:

Love to see who you think is a quality player seeing as though you have said for years now that JT is an "overated hack".

Come on now ….regail us with your wisdom.

then why with a talented team around him cant he get his team into the top 8?? their alwyas bottom 4 Andrew Johns carried his team into the top 4 year after year

04 cowgirls almost made the grand final where was Thurston?? sitting on the bench with the bulldogs

Back