10.Payten
11.Ellis
12.Galea
13.Heighnington

14.Morris
15.Payne
16.Shirnack
17.Galoway

Kg on the bench for impact and Galea there to tackle like it!

im just hoping thats the team that takes the field.

It was mentioned Galloway and Farah have niggling injuries and Payne had done his medial ligament?

Good side.

I can't see Payne playing though, wonder who will come in for him?

I like Payten at prop better than in the second row, and KG provides great impact off the bench.

Good team
This will be a cracker.Im surprised Payne is playing i thought he would be gone

@TigerRock said:
!) Moltzen
Tuiaki
AyShford
lawrence
Tuiaki
marshall
Lui
Gibbs
Farah
Payten
Ellis
Galea
Heighnington

Morris
Payne
Shirnack
Galoway

Kg on the bench for impact and Galea there to tackle like it!

Have we cloned Tuiaki.We are gonna kill it if there is two of them out there :slight_smile:

Halatau playing for BRET this week.

Hanbury listed as NRL on the Balmain site as well so I would imagine he is 18th man

God I hate parra… come guys, give it to em and stop them in their tracks... Time for ellis to put a shoulder into hayne.

I like this team alot. Moving Payten to the front row and bringing in the hard tackling Galea is a great move. KG off the bench is great to because he will lift our fowards around the 20-25 minute mark to keep going, alos give us plenty of metres with quick play the balls!

Lui at half will be good to see against a great opposition, lets hope they don't go running to him every play but IMO he did do pretty well last week against a pretty big Sharkies pack!! Benji to star along with Farah to hit some form before our finals charge :slight_smile:

Side is pretty much as expected it would be. We need massive games from Gibbs and Payten as the Eels are sure to try and steamroll us up the middle early on. KG will give us great impact and go forward off the bench, if Payne plays we`re gonna need a bit more from him than what he`s produced in his past couple of games and we`re also gonna need Al Schirnack to provide a little more impact than what he has in his last couple of appearances.
At the end of the day, our forwards only have to break even and then our backs will be too classy for the Eels and any other side in the comp for that matter, my only concern is a lack of genuine tackle busters/line breakers in our forward pack. Ellis always does his part and we know KG will always run straight and hard, the others worry me as they don`t always perform when we need them to most !

Agree with others, it's a good looking side.

Payten is better at prop, Danny Galea is better when starting and Galloway will give a stack of impact off the bench.

If Payne is out, I wonder whether they are planning to promote Laurie, but don't want to make a fuss all week out of it by naming him now. (That's all speculation of course)

@TigerRock said:
1\. Moltzen
2\. Tuiaki
3\. Ayshford
4\. Lawrence
5\. Ryan

6\. Marshall
7\. Lui

8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10.Payten
11.Ellis
12.Galea
13.Heighnington

14.Morris
15.Payne
16.Shirnack
17.Galloway

i think this is the first time in a long time where i can say that the team picked is the one i would have picked. ryan is starting to play better which is good and galloway is still getting into it after being out for a while and he will provide good impact. gibbs and payten need to stand up and get us off to a good start! We will miss Skando but Shirnack looks ok. GO WESTS TIGERS!!!

@joe's magpies said:
I thought Halatal was back this week.

He is back in his right spot, reserve grade. No disrespect to Dene as he`s been a great clubman at the Tigers for quite some time and no one can deny what a vital role he played in us winning the comp back in `2005, but for whatever reason, since that `2005 season he`s always seemed to go missing when we take on intimidating forward packs like the Eels. For that reason i`m hoping he plays for BRET as named for this week in particular as it won`t be any place for the faint hearted on Friday night !

I can't see laurie making to NRL side again this year…I think Sheens is concerned with his defensive liabilities...especially since our defence has aimed up the last 4 weeks...If only Laurie could defend!!..wow what an impact he would make.

Great side….

Stability in positions replacing Skando with Schirnack is smart...

Payten starting prop and Galloway off the bench I like....Galea starting is good too...

Good Work ...Sheens...

We can match their pack...just stop Hayne....

Latest posts

Members online

Back