Tim Smith... 2010 ???

tiger_one

Hearing that Smith wants to return to NRL next season.

Manager "selling" him to all and sundry.

Not actually signed with anyone, though.

@Tommy Magpie said:
He said he would sign for min wage. I say Yes. Give him a go if it costs next to nothing.

Moltzen is not a fullback though ,i dont think ive seen him run the ball back from there yet
he always passes to tuiaki or he will run slow at the line and just get tackled

i like smith and would love to have him play for the tigers but Moltzen,Lazarus,Tarmata and Lui will battle it out for 1/2 imo

The Tigers have enough depth in the halves without resorting to a hack like Smith.

Should have plenty of competion for the halves and fullback position next year. Although potentially up there with the best, Smith is not worth the headaches.

For minimum NRL wage wed be laughing not to sign this guy. You can throw all the names you like. Lui, Marshall, Moltzen, Dunley, Taumata but from all those I dont see one guy with an organisational game or a kicking game. Thats not to say that none of htme should be in the halves, but to sign a talent organisational halfback with a great kicking game for MINIMUM nrl wage….wed be laughing not to.

the way i read it ,, was he would love to play at parra and would do it for the minimum…..but dont be fooled ... there is no minimum wage in rugby league....

If they cant play front row than we not interested, we have all the other bases covered

I think he would be a great fit for our club and suit Benji as well as any half we could sign but we have a heap of halves and need to spend any money we have a prop so I can't see it happening anyway.

Scrap that.. after tonights game we must sign an organising halfback like Tim Smith as well as a decent prop. We really have no idea how to get out of trouble with our kicking game and none of Benji, Lui or Farah have the kicking game we need to progress to a finals quality team.

dont waste cash on tim smith. we already have benji and moltzen for the halves and lui and taumata as backup (taumata on the bench maybe). Save the rest of the cash for a quality prop

Our Halves have been disgraceful for 3 seasons.

People claiming we have Moltzen, Marshall and Lui. How many first grade games have they won for us at halfback. The amount of close losses over the past 3 years, have been because we have no composure or direction in the last 20 minutes.

Tim Smith is a troubled individual, but he is a born 7\. We could get him on the cheap to. Would be a big yes from me.

Back