Tim Smith

X-Pac

ive heard rumors from a friend hes very close to signing

anyone know where he could of got the news from?? papers? tv? radio?

I see Moltzen as a similar player to Smith. Give him an off season training at halfback and his confidence will grow.

Moltzen doesnt have a kicking game he probley a few years away ,smith wouldbe ok for now

I'd be extremely surprised if we were interested in him.

Sheens likes fast halves who run the ball a lot. Also, we have Marshall, Moltzen, Taumata, Lui as possible options in the halves and that's not even taking into account the fact Ayshford and Fulton can also play there.

Haven't heard a thing about this one. Though i've certainly been one to notice the likeliness of a return to the nrl. Do we need him? I'm really not sure. Has he improved his game since he left the eels? As it stands Moltzen looks the best fit for us in the longterm and with Taumata i'm really not too sure Smith is an option we need to explore. IF there was no Taumata though, different story.

No way would i even consider Tim smith at the tigers. He is nothing but an overatted nuffy and would be a step backwards signing this goose. motzen will be a much better player next year than snith will ever be. so no no no no no

our kicking game is horrible guys ,smith is a good half who could help us a lot more than a guy like Moltzen

I rate Smith and he is the sort of halfback that would offer Benji the right sort of ball he needs if he was playing a genuine 5/8 game. Considering our style of play at the moment i'm not sure if it would work. As others have said though we now have a heap of quality young halves so I'm not sure he is needed but I'd say he has more natural talent and would offer better guidance around the park than any of our options for next year.

Don't rate Smith and I don't think the club is interested in him either. Moltzen is going well at 7 and with other options in Lui, Taumata nd Lazarus, we have enough options in the halves.

@X-Pac said:
our kicking game is horrible guys ,smith is a good half who could help us a lot more than a guy like Moltzen

I would say Moltzen's kicking game is better than Smith's already and he's only had 3 games at half. Smith could throw a good pass (like benji) but his kicking game is ordinary.

@weststigerman said:
@X-Pac said:

I would say Moltzen's kicking game is better than Smith's already and he's only had 3 games at half. Smith could throw a good pass (like benji) but his kicking game is ordinary.

lol, smith had probably the best kicking game next to andrew johns, i honestly dont know what games you people watch sometimes

@weststigerman said:
@X-Pac said:

didnt he have 2 kicks charged down and one go no more than 10 metres against Canberra :confused:

@X-Pac said:
@weststigerman said:
@X-Pac said:

didnt he have 2 kicks charged down and one go no more than 10 metres against Canberra :confused:

He had one kick charged down. I've seen Andrew Johns have kicks charged down before.

Have you seen Tim Smith kick lately?

@X-Pac said:
@weststigerman said:
@X-Pac said:

4 kicks for 150mtrs…so if 2 where charged down and 1 went 10 metres...then 1must have went 140 wow....

Moltzen led the kick chase all day against the Raiders not only following his own kicks.......2 of which pinned the Raiders in there own 10 and one found touch 15 metres out after the Raiders had us pinnied in our own end for ages....not bad for the third string kicker behind Farah and Marshall....

@X-Pac said:
ive heard rumors from a friend hes very close to signing

anyone know where he could of got the news from?? papers? tv? radio?

If your friend has no friends,then i dont know either..

As said by others the only thing which can stop the moltzen benji combo is a very severe lack of combo. Anyone who rates moltzens kicking game is kidding. While he may have somthing perhaps, he has not shown it in first grade at all.

Id take Smith, he gives us that kicking game, anyone who suggests he doesnt have one is kidding. I wouldnt reject him coming thats for sure, he has the talent. Wed definetly have options in the halves for next year which would be good for a change. Moltzen and Taumata could easily shift into the outside backs and have good effect.

If getting Smith meant that we lose Gallant, then I am not for it.
Molzten has shown enough to suggest the halfback spot is his to lose.
Gallant has added another dimension to our game, is a local junior and would cost the club less than buying Smith.
Everyone forgets that Molzten was Junior Roo halfback and came down to the tigers as a half. Sheens used him at FB to try and repilcate the role that Hodgo left. It was never going to work. He did a good job at FB but Gallant is playing better and the side looks better with players playing their correct position.

An off season training as HB and improve his kicking game will make Molzten a better player for the team.
No thanks on the Tim Smith offer….just need an angry big Pom to play Prop as it seems we cant buy a Prop within the NRL.

@Chipofftheoldblock said:
An off season training as HB and improve his kicking game will make Molzten a better player for the team.

Is it that simple? Benji im guessing would of done alot of work on his kicking over the last 3 years but his kicking game is still below average

Back