Todd payten

Thanks for the Heads Up Innk….

As long as he doesn't talk about halfback.......

Not much in it. Doesn't sound like Ellis will be a late inclusion for Monday. Said Skando is galloping around like a 21 year old at training today. When asked about the Tigers struggling to score points, said they miss Moltzen bigtime and Lui being injured hasn't helped, said Benji isn't really the organising half that the team needs. Said the team won't be underestimating the Cowboys either.

Ron - I support you most of the time Bro, BUT payto when not injured always gives his all.

I would love hime to go around a bit longer until our young props get up to speed in FG.

PS whats the word on the big recruit - Can you confirm Pat Richards or Other????

Love the Big Hombre! A smart footy head on his shoulders, his defence around the ruck for Wests is impeccable. The Tigers are always a stronger team defensively when Payten is in the side. Experience combined with a high work ethic. I'd be happy to see him hang around the place until the body gives in. He's a tremendous club man. One of Wests Tigers best

@Glennb said:
@Gobbs said:
@Balmain Tiger said:
he is dead set the best defender along with fulton and ellis in the club.

I whole heartedly concur

Gibbs has been up there this year as well

we dont need him…the money could be better spent....like you said hes a good defender but ellis heigno and fulton are better we need attacking backrowers payten never makes metres never makes line breaks no matter if its back row or prop...and you can almost attribute 60%+ of his meters to kick off returns

he should of been let go 2 years ago when he wanted out...i wouldnt be upset if fulton left either we need to free up some dead money and those 2 would be atop my list

I recommend you read the book about the 2005 Premiership, 'Forever Brothers' I think it's called, (seems to be on permanent loan, d'oh), I never knew at the time just how close Todd was to not taking the field such was the seriousness of his groin strain.
Never ever doubt this players comittment to the club, if and when Todd decides to pull up stumps please let it be on his own terms, he does some amazing things during a game, just watch the replays to see how much skill he has, and remember he is the only forward in the game capable of taking the kick off on the full, re: Carl Webb MNF!.

@Leroy The Tigers Fan said:
I recommend you read the book about the 2005 Premiership, 'Forever Brothers' I think it's called, (seems to be on permanent loan, d'oh), I never knew at the time just how close Todd was to not taking the field such was the seriousness of his groin strain.
Never ever doubt this players comittment to the club, if and when Todd decides to pull up stumps please let it be on his own terms, he does some amazing things during a game, just watch the replays to see how much skill he has, and remember he is the only forward in the game capable of taking the kick off on the full, re: Carl Webb MNF!.

yes lets live on past glories…...hes never been that great a player...solid yes but there are plenty of players who can do what he does and more..... hes on a fair wage at the tigers and really he doesnt offer much averages 50 metres offensively about 6-8 runs a game and usually isnt near the top tackllers making around 20-25 tackles a game....but he can pass a ball i guess......

Ron, have you ever laced a boot on in your life, don't talk about past glories but have you ever played the game as an adult, if so what level?.

@Leroy The Tigers Fan said:
Ron, have you ever laced a boot on in your life, don't talk about past glories but have you ever played the game as an adult, if so what level?.

i played up until i was 16 until i moved to sydney then havent played since…but i forgot that having played league makes an opinon more credible...you do realise that the best analyists in todays game never played football as an adult infact half the analysts who are on tv/radio at the moment who played FG league are the dumbest out of the lot

Ron, you have taken your psuedonym from a fictional character who was a halfwit, did you have to move to Sydney for reasons that may have involved 'special schooling'.
I was a champion junior league player in my age group until I came up against older players in reserve grade, thought I knew it all, so I never made it to first grade but respect the players that have.

Payten's 1 on 1 strip was at a crucial point agaisnt the Titans…...

He's not in the senior playing group for nothing...

Back